Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #57
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_MECO View Post
I followed the directions however I am only able to add POI and I have no options to add Images. I don't know why it only gives me the POI.
I have the 1435
for those others that had a problem.....T_MECO already P.M.ed me and got him going.....for the rest of you.....go to this link within the TomTom homepage if you too have a Tom Tom Via.

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/ans...%2C2689/c/2355

and you still still need to follow the instructions in my first post on how to make the new car icon, in the UPDATE section at the bottom.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 07-13-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #58
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

I was looking back at the first page, and remembered, there are a lot of people that wouldn't know how to make the car icon, so for those of you that havn't read the whole thread....if you happen to have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, here are some step-by-step instructions on making your own Car Icon.

Making a car ICON for your Tom Tom.doc
Old 07-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #59
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Do you guys actually like your TOM TOM? I have one, and I don't like it. I much prefer Garmin.

Makes you pay for map upgrades, whereas Garmin gives you a free one each year.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #60
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Do you guys actually like your TOM TOM? I have one, and I don't like it. I much prefer Garmin.

Makes you pay for map upgrades, whereas Garmin gives you a free one each year.
I love mine....and a LOT of the Tom Toms models have LIFE TIME map up-grades. and if you want, and get one of the LIVE models, they have a direct GOOGLE connection, but after the FREE frist 3 months expries, you ahve to pay for the service. service ....
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #61
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I love mine....and a LOT of the Tom Toms models have LIFE TIME map up-grades. and if you want, and get one of the LIVE models, they have a direct GOOGLE connection, but after the FREE frist 3 months expries, you ahve to pay for the service. service ....
I might like it better if I got a more expensive model. But I paid the same price $129 for the tom tom and the garmin...and just prefer the garmin. Unfortunately, the Garmin isn't mine.

I use OnStar for my directions, but I just like to see the roads and what not as you drive...alone with the ETA.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #62
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I might like it better if I got a more expensive model. But I paid the same price $129 for the tom tom and the garmin...and just prefer the garmin. Unfortunately, the Garmin isn't mine.

I use OnStar for my directions, but I just like to see the roads and what not as you drive...alone with the ETA.
well I got one off of ebay, it was NIB, and is the XL340S and it cost less than you did....you just gotta shop around, thats all. I got another of the same model off of WOOT and it was only $95.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #63
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
well I got one off of ebay, it was NIB, and is the XL340S and it cost less than you did....you just gotta shop around, thats all. I got another of the same model off of WOOT and it was only $95.
Nice.

I bought it when I had my Ford Ranger. October of 2009 to be exact, then I got the camaro 2 months later and didn't need it.

Just pulled it back out of the closet today.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #64
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

its currently 7-17-11 if you are considering getting yourself a Tom Tom....for today and today only.....this is the best deal in town.....

I just ran across this on Woot.com....which is a "ONE DEAL A DAY" site I look at everyday....and they have available a NEW XXL 535 widescrene Tom Tom for $69 plus $5 shipping......thats $30 off the best "buy it now": price on ebay.....

heres the link directly to it:

http://www.woot.com/

Just thought I would let anybody interested know.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #65
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

well......if you hadn't gotten one yet.....I just checked out the site.....the deal has sold out. sorry folks.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #66
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #67
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Its aTHURSDAY, JULY 28TH......and if you happen to be in the market of a NEW Tom Tom, an additional one, or your first......For today ONLY....this is the best deal you will ever find. NO I am not selling them.....I jsut came across this GREAT deal and wanted to pass it along to all of you.

TOM TOM XXL 530S.....NIB......$69.99 +$5 shipping ........ normal price $150! the best price I could even find it on ebay was $99 + shipping.

I check this site everyday.....and this is what is on sale today! if you've never heard of WOOT.com check them out. Here is todays deal!!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #68
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Its aTHURSDAY, JULY 28TH......and if you happen to be in the market of a NEW Tom Tom, an additional one, or your first......For today ONLY....this is the best deal you will ever find. NO I am not selling them.....I jsut came across this GREAT deal and wanted to pass it along to all of you.

TOM TOM XXL 530S.....NIB......$69.99 +$5 shipping ........ normal price $150! the best price I could even find it on ebay was $99 + shipping.

I check this site everyday.....and this is what is on sale today! if you've never heard of WOOT.com check them out. Here is todays deal!!

Ends up at 81.18 with tax and shipping...

Nice mod... it's going in my Truck but I think I'll have a Camaro Icon... think they have a Pace Car?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #69
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ends up at 81.18 with tax and shipping...

Nice mod... it's going in my Truck but I think I'll have a Camaro Icon... think they have a Pace Car?
well you must have done something wrong......I've used the site many times.....and every time its exactly the advertised price.

AS FAR AS THE ICON.....I can make you one.......PIECE OF CAKE!! or I can make one of your truck too!!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #70
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Nuke... help... I can't get past step 3... I think they changed their website. LOL

I've also tried going through the software using Manage my XXL