Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
Bigalamo

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Fuse Block Terminal

I have a 2011 LS and sometimes it wouldn’t start and I figured out it was because of the connection to the K63 starter relay. I would flip it, push it in, then take it out and flip it back and the car would usually start. I purchased a brand new relay just in case the connections weren’t good on the current prongs. Now that I put the new one in, it won’t turn over. I did, however, put a jumper wire in while the key was turned in ignition and it turned over. To me it sounds like maybe one of the terminals in fuse block have been pushed down. How would I fix this? Haven’t done fuse block stuff before.

EDIT: I folded up copper wire and stuffed them in the terminals, making the relay a tight fit. Starts up every time.

Last edited by Bigalamo; 05-16-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Bigalamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
connections probably got damaged from moving the relay around so many times, what you did to fix it should work as long as no one moves it around again though. otherwise i'd see if the fusebox is able to pried open to repair the connection
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #3
Bigalamo

Relay was untouched but this problem has come back. Has someone done a repair on this fuse block before? This is my wife’s car and I have to come out to save her lol. Luckily I can use a jumper wire to start the vehicle, but obviously this is temporary and I don’t want to always do this.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
Bigalamo

Bump, this is still an issue
Old 07-12-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
Bigalamo

Removed whole fuse block, cannot figure out how to open it though, any suggestions? There are tons of clips down the side but there’s no way to push them all down at the same time

Edit: got it open, but it’s just a motherboard with solders and pins.. not sure where to go from here
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigalamo; 07-12-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:45 PM   #6
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
What does it cost to replace the box?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #7
Bigalamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
What does it cost to replace the box?
I just thought of this yesterday. Used ones are pretty cheap, but so far I haven’t found any that have been tested and are in good working condition. But I plan to swap this one for a different one.

Edit: I am told by some sellers that I won’t need to program the new fuse box to the vehicle and some say I will have to. Does anyone know this info?

Tags
block, fuse, relay, start, terminal