Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Bumper Plugs

I unfortunately have the dreaded front plate bracket and I want to have it removed. I know I would still have holes in the bumper, but I heard that it can be filled. I brought it up to my dealer body shop, and they said it wouldn't be worth filling since they just pop out. Is this BS? Any recommendations about fixing the bracket?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
I had the same thing in my first camaro, my body shop guy bought some plastic plugs (like the plugs at lowes), he painted them and installed them. Do I wish the dealer had not installed the license plate holder sure and short of paying alot of money this was my best opition. I never had an issue in two yrs and they looked great (see below).
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
TRABlackCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Blk Camaro SS/'08 Blk Silverado
when i bought mine it had the bumper holes/had a new grill's/front spoiler installed and my body guy filled in the holes and looks good... that was 2 yrs ago..so i would find a better body shop & ask if they can fill in the holes on the front fascia..Good luck
Attached Images

TRABlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote