Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #43
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Hopefully, you dudes who drive your 1LE's in the snow, slush, on the highway, remembered to protect the front end with film.

Otherwise, replace your sandblasted windshields and headlights, and repaint your front chipped bumper, on these low riding cars, say after, 4-5 years?

Oh wait, no need, you will be trading in anyways, and keep the ball rolling with the banks, who most likely have the vast majority of the population by the balls anyways.

Flame me all you want, I even took off the flame suit ��.
You are just jealous of our mindset. And the banks got all of us by the balls anyways… How many people can afford a house without financing?
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #44
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post

Oh wait, no need, you will be trading in anyways, and keep the ball rolling with the banks, who most likely have the vast majority of the population by the balls anyways.

Flame me all you want, I even took off the flame suit ��.
you know why they install a drive through at banks right??? so you can pull up with your car and see who actually owns it!! LOL

When i buy a car i keep it till its towed away... my beater i have owned since new is a 1997 toyota corolla 259,000 miles, my 1999 s10 i have owned since new and my camaro will probably be in my garage till i am too old to get in it
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #45
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
you know why they install a drive through at banks right??? so you can pull up with your car and see who actually owns it!! LOL

When i buy a car i keep it till its towed away... my beater i have owned since new is a 1997 toyota corolla 259,000 miles, my 1999 s10 i have owned since new and my camaro will probably be in my garage till i am too old to get in it
And you, just like me, are not going to freak out if it has a scratch or nick on it I bet!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #46
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarder123 View Post
If I'm planning on DD my 1le than would anyone recommend buying different tires for everyday driving? or does it only depend on the weather?
I have two sets of wheels/tires. OEM wheels with OEM GoodYear F1 G2s, and a set of MRR-228s in 1LE sizes/offset with BFG Comp-2 all-seasons in OEM sizes.

I run the BFGs from November to March, F1s the rest of the time.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #47
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Here's my salt covered DD Traverse. Had it washed Wednesday. If you live out west or south where you have no salt, enjoy your Camaro all you want. But if you live in the Midwest or northeast, plan on hanging on to your Camaro, and are talking smack about us storing our cars for 6 months, you might as well grow out your mullet now. I'll see you in 10 years with your rusted out rattle box pretending you still have a nice Camaro Joe Dirt.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #48
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy casey View Post
I see you think these are rare or high dollar cars...

With that in mind, do you think people who buy BMW, Mercedes, and Audi park there cars in the winter and do not drive them.. really??? All those cars can cost 2 times the amount of a 1LE, and they drive them every day, in snow, in rain... cars SUCK as an investment.. I bought this car to drive it daily, in snow, in salt, in potholes, in rain, in tornadoes Whatever happens it is a car meant to be driven and because it was built for the track it does a great job on crappy roads...

Here is a 70 thousand dollar Hyundai, because it costs that much you think it should be put in the garage for 5 months a year? BTW, it has more HP and TQ than our 1LE's...

I had 2 BMWs, 3 Caddys, a Lexus and more. Drove the crap out of all of them year around. You're mistaking my comments. I'm not delusional, this car is not some high dollar investment. I bought it as a summer weekend, fun, show, trackday car. Not my daily driver. I have no dreams of getting a million for it at Mecum auction one day. It's a hobby I enjoy in the summertime. I would hate to drive this car as a DD. I like driving in comfort and a 1LE is not my idea of comfort. It's a fun weekend toy
Old 01-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #49
scarder123

Drives: Looking to buy 2014 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
I have two sets of wheels/tires. OEM wheels with OEM GoodYear F1 G2s, and a set of MRR-228s in 1LE sizes/offset with BFG Comp-2 all-seasons in OEM sizes.

I run the BFGs from November to March, F1s the rest of the time.
Thank you for answering amid this argument
scarder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #50
gto mark

Drives: 2015 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Mine's right were it belongs-warm and cozy in the garage. Got caught in the snow in my 04 GTO & had to drive. That was not fun even with Michelin P/S all season 2's. I didn't by the 1LE as a daily driver, it's just a toy.
gto mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #51
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Well mine is 1 of 97, so yeah I would say so on rare and yes collector.

I don't drive my car in the winter because I have pride in what I bought. I know what salt does to a car in a short period of time and these cars suck in the snow. I also have respect for others who are on the road by not driving a car not meant for the snow. Just because you think its so fun to do and you don't care, remember other people don't find your dumb carless actions fun when you loose control and kill their friends and family. FYI- I love denying claims like you guys when you call an insurance company stating I don't know what happen but I crashed my sports car because the snow and salt was on the road.. Simple denial for any carrier. You are now stuck with a wrecked car and still responsible for the car payment. I guess you will just have to make 2 new car payments and only actually have one car to drive daily.
Yours truly,
Adjuster Jay.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #52
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
If salt is so bad for a car. Why is it used. I know that's probably a dumb question but it's a serious one.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #53
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
If salt is so bad for a car. Why is it used. I know that's probably a dumb question but it's a serious one.
The state doesn't care about your car sir. They are simply using the most effective and cost efficient method so you don't die on the roads.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #54
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91

The state doesn't care about your car sir. They are simply using the most effective and cost efficient method so you don't die on the roads.

LOL.. I agree and so very true Gzobian.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #55
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91

LOL.. I agree and so very true Gzobian.
Well that sucks lol. I'm sure there are some great minds out there that can come up with some better alternatives.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #56
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Well mine is 1 of 97, so yeah I would say so on rare and yes collector.

I don't drive my car in the winter because I have pride in what I bought. I know what salt does to a car in a short period of time and these cars suck in the snow. I also have respect for others who are on the road by not driving a car not meant for the snow. Just because you think its so fun to do and you don't care, remember other people don't find your dumb carless actions fun when you loose control and kill their friends and family. FYI- I love denying claims like you guys when you call an insurance company stating I don't know what happen but I crashed my sports car because the snow and salt was on the road.. Simple denial for any carrier. You are now stuck with a wrecked car and still responsible for the car payment. I guess you will just have to make 2 new car payments and only actually have one car to drive daily.
Yours truly,
Adjuster Jay.
You keep enjoying your garage queen and keep abusing your job privileges...

And I'll enjoy actually driving my car, and hopefully I will never meet a person like you in real life.

BTW, can I ask which insurance company you work for? They might have a number of people like you. Not that it's a big deal, because your company will still loose in court. But it's always good to know...

Last edited by Electric; 01-22-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote