Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2015, 05:39 AM   #1
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Changed my mind. White 2LT.

Ordering today 9/20.

White RS 2LT with kahlahari interior and the split spoke black wheels + all the goodies.

Anyone have a gm employee code that you're willing to part with?

I am so excited and apprehensive.... Have completely changed up my original order. Wish me luck! I'll update with my experience.

Edit:
Summit white
2LT RS
6 speed manual
Kalihari seats and knee bolsters
ZN2 - lighting & convienance package
NPP - dual mode exhaust
RIK - black bowties
Normal RS split spokes with machined edges

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 10-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
GM audits every employee priced sale, and will not be gentle when discovering a sale not conforming to the rules. I believe that is why most dealers not located near a GM facility do not accept employee pricing. An employee found abusing the system loses the ability to do an employee priced purchase for two years and per the rules may be charged the difference. A dealer automatically is charged the difference and I suspect though the rules do not specify loses allocation(s).

I know you were asking with humorous intent but someone just reading may not realize the limits or the penalties and then get upset when unable to get an authorization number.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
GTIanZ28

I honestly did not know that laborsmith.

I was being serious. Maybe I was asking about the wrong type of discount code or on the bad end of a joke previously.

Thank you for explaining that so thoroughly. This is a large purchase and I figured it never hurts to ask. Part of my thought process stems from BeckyD's signature "I honor all discounts that apply."

Not a good way to start my "joined the ordered and waiting club" thread.

Ian

p.s. I certainly wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble. Definitely was not my intention.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Hey don't worry about it. You didn't know, now you do.

As for discounts, if you are an employee of a GM supplier, you would quality for any supplier discounts. [Check here](https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/i...company-search).

If you have a family member that is employed by GM, you could also get them to sponsor you.

Quote:
Eligible Participants are able to sponsor their spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, stepparents, grandparents (including in-law and step), siblings (including full, half and step), stepchildren, stepgrandchildren, mother-/father-in-law, sons-/ daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-inlaw, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Same-sex domestic partners (SSDPs) ... are treated the same as spouses

Do note that these discount programs may or may not be available for the new Camaro at launch.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
No problem.

There is the Friends & Family Pricing Plan. It is the same as Supplier but all you need is a friend or a family member who is a GM employee. The no longer in effect Credit Union pricing plan was also the same as Supplier.

Supplier discount comes to more than Invoice, it used to be about $100 to $200 more, and may still be but looking at how GM is pricing Invoice and Employee plans it may be less, so if you go to a dealer who generally charges Invoice or Invoice and a little more that could be a "good" deal from a pricing point of view.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
GTIanZ28

Order is saved but not placed yet. GM's site was down for maintenance. They are going to email me the order sheet tomorrow.

We agreed to $500 over invoice.

Summit White 2LT RS V6
6 speed manual
ZN2 lighting & convenience package
Kalahari interior
RTH Black 5 spoke wheels
Blacked out bowties

I'm still torn on the color choice especially with the brown interior.

Edit:
Switching to the RTH 5 spoke black wheels. Hopefully they will be cheaper. No way it cost Chevy an extra $600 to paint them black instead of grey.
I have a feeling that I'll be switching the order again once final pricing is announced.
The order guide says these wheels cost $800.... Wonder how much more the LPO wheels will cost.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 09-26-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Order is saved but not placed yet. GM's site was down for maintenance. They are going to email me the order sheet tomorrow.

We agreed to $500 over invoice.

White 2LT RS V6
ZN2 lighting & convenience package
Kalahari interior
SHH Black split spoke wheels
Blacked out bowties

I'm still torn on the color choice especially with the brown interior.
Don't be... that car is going to look amazing.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
GTIanZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Don't be... that car is going to look amazing.
Thank you. Looks like I copied you with the cheap version!

I just noticed the low gloss black split spoke wheels are LPO (shh). Imagine they will have the same $800 price tag as the red stripe ones. I might have to switch to the other 5 spoke black wheels (rth).

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 09-26-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #9
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Thank you. Looks like I copied you with the cheap version!

I just noticed the low gloss black split spoke wheels are LPO (shh). Imagine they will have the same $800 price tag as the red stripe ones. I might have to switch to the other 5 spoke black wheels (rth) to save $600.
We can hope. It seems GM is going to treat these as the high end rim. I fully suspect to be charged a crazy amount.

Time will tell. Sources had said details would be released almost 2 weeks ago. Still nothing.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #10
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
$500 over invoice?...you shouldnt have paid a dime over...remember...dealers dont make squat on new cars...they do however...care more about volume...so the more they move...the better for them...hence...your ability to get the car for invoice and no higher...if the d'ship makes their quota...and the salesperson makes theirs...everyone wins...especially you...

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #11
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
$500 over invoice?...you shouldnt have paid a dime over...remember...dealers dont make squat on new cars...they do however...care more about volume...so the more they move...the better for them...hence...your ability to get the car for invoice and no higher...if the d'ship makes their quota...and the salesperson makes theirs...everyone wins...especially you...
All true and dealers make their most money on nice late model used cars.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #12
GTIanZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
We'll see if I can do some additional negotiations when it arrives. I'm sure they will try to add on a bunch of crap as well. Undercoating, clear bra, extended warranty, etc etc.

I figured with the new model most dealerships would be pushing back markups. I usually purchase used cars so I have little experience in these matters.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #13
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I have a 2013 2LT Camaro with a ton of goodies with only 9,200 miles on the odometer, they'd love to have my car ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #14
GTIanZ28

Problems!

Got my order sheet.

Summit White 2LT RS V6 w/ ZN2 & Khalahari seats/knee bolsters

Dealer said that because of the RS package the RTH black 5 spoke wheels cannot be selected and they have tried multiple times! Simply won't let them submit the order with RTH wheels selected. On the gmfleetorderguide it shows that they are only available on the 2LT.

In addition the LPO black bowties (RIK) aren't available.

Anyone else encountering things like this?