Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #295
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
It's shocking isn't it? Who would have thought something like that could happen in America.
I have lots of thoughts on this, but they stray into the political scene and I shall not go there...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #296
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
I have lots of thoughts on this, but they stray into the political scene and I shall not go there...
We wouldn't want that now, would we
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #297
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Woman here...actually I looked at the Cobalt,Aveo(gas mileage) ,Scion,Challenger,Camaro and Mazda RX8.VW had there issues back in the past but after alot of reading about the VW MK5 GTI...it was the better car for me.I was stationed in Germany when I was in the Army.Got a Golf VW to zip around,it was a beater but never left us stranded in Frankfurt after club hopping...

As far as looks I get alot of compliments about my little "pocket rocket".
You don't see alot of GTI's around here and I have no problems keeping up with the big boys on the highway....... feels like I'm back on the autobahn.
Lauryn isn't a guys name?? (sarcasm). Drive what makes you happy, and laugh at people that have nothing better to do than make fun of your choices
Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #298
nickmccally

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomash View Post
It's too early to open the champagne, guys.

Wake me up when GM cars sold in Europe (Opel, Chevrolet/Daewoo) outperform Toyota and Honda in reliability rankings. And don't even get me started on Chrysler, especially in terms of electric/electronic installations in their cars.

Ford is quite a different story -- american Fords (Mustang etc.) have quite a bad reputation in terms of reliability while european ones (Focus, Fiesta, Ka etc.) are now some of the most reliable cars.

Anyway, I'm all for GM and Ford becoming serious competitors for Toyota and Honda. But they aren't there yet.
There was like one main issue with Mustangs from 05 - 07 and SOME current models being the e-brake freezes. I fail to see a major problem in the current models? I know one guy who flipped his 7 times, another guy 5. Both had scratches and bruises and a totaled car. They are great cars.

GM isn't level though, and its because of the financial situation. No matter how much you love GM there is still corruption in the huge organization.

I think it's bullshit we import from china and japan while we BARELY get to export without any/little trouble. Something needs to change this.
nickmccally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #299
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmccally View Post
There was like one main issue with Mustangs from 05 - 07 and SOME current models being the e-brake freezes. I fail to see a major problem in the current models? I know one guy who flipped his 7 times, another guy 5. Both had scratches and bruises and a totaled car. They are great cars.

GM isn't level though, and its because of the financial situation. No matter how much you love GM there is still corruption in the huge organization.

I think it's bullshit we import from china and japan while we BARELY get to export without any/little trouble. Something needs to change this.
so much for fair trade agreement huh?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #300
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
subscribed ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #301
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The meltdown is still continuing!

Prius recall on the way, shipments of HS250H and Sai hybrids in Japan halted...
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #302
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
When it starts to get really bad, they will start killin them selfs to save face.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #303
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
as much as i hate toyotas i feel really bad for the people that are having problems, but i am happy that this happening because it gives the american car companies a good chance to step it up and get much better sales.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #304
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
My wife has a 2008 Camry and though she isn't happy with it because it is unexciting, it is a great vehicle. You folks are also not giving Toyota credit for all the damage control they are doing right now. To buy up advertising space during the Superbowl just to reassure Toyota customers they are correcting these problems intensely was a great move. Most companies were paying for million dollar ads to sell product. Toyota was doing it to save face. Props to Toyota Motor Corporation. I never saw a single GM commercial during the Superbowl. Wonder why? Seriously people, you need to give the Toyota Public Relations Department credit for doing a great job handling this. No car company is infallible and last I checked, Toyota wasn't going bankrupt. If the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak, I'm sure we wouldn't be seeing GM put up commercials for damage control.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #305
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I think you left some lipstick on Toyota's butt

SuperBowl commercials were a dumb idea as that is not their target audience.
It was only a waste of cash, they don't have once the lawsites roll in fomr those that died or got hurt. Who will ask for 100s of millions each and will get it.

And GM has been running damage control commercials ever since the bail out.

plus the return policy so you can compare.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #306
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Toyota isn't going bankrupt YET, but lets say they finish fixing all of the physical issues with the pedals ( floormats, putting a little bar in to reduce friction or something) and then a few more accelerator pedal issues come up.. then what? the loyal customers will lose faith because toyota has been telling them lies... This will probably go on for another year before they admit that there is a problem with the computers..
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #307
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
My wife has a 2008 Camry and though she isn't happy with it because it is unexciting, it is a great vehicle. You folks are also not giving Toyota credit for all the damage control they are doing right now. To buy up advertising space during the Superbowl just to reassure Toyota customers they are correcting these problems intensely was a great move. Most companies were paying for million dollar ads to sell product. Toyota was doing it to save face. Props to Toyota Motor Corporation. I never saw a single GM commercial during the Superbowl. Wonder why? Seriously people, you need to give the Toyota Public Relations Department credit for doing a great job handling this. No car company is infallible and last I checked, Toyota wasn't going bankrupt. If the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak, I'm sure we wouldn't be seeing GM put up commercials for damage control.
Not impressed one bit by it. Such a commercial shouldn't have even existed.

Bottom line: Toyota never did its homework. Toyota ignored history. History repeated itself. Toyota is now the new "Old GM," ignoring customers, ignoring quality, producing boring cars, and thinking that nothing can touch them. GM has, for the most part, learned from their mistakes. Toyota is the next automotive giant to fall flat on its face.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #308
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Wow, for all the shitstorm on Toyota's head no one mentioned that the producer/supplier of the faulty part was actually an american company called CTS?