Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #29
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Lets not go there, you don't want to lock this thread do you?
Don't threaten me. You stated that every country would force me to provide papers. I pointed out that while that is true it is most only at border crossings. We were commenting on the AZ situation which is not a border crossing. I would be happy to continue this discussion in PM but if you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say about the subject of this thread please refrain from jacking my thread.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Over there your a target. Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #31
Jason

Drives: MAZDA CX 7
Mate, I would be suprised if you lasted more then a day in South Africa (Won't comment on the rest of Africa cause I've never lived there) with out being shot for your car, or for being in the wrong place, or because you were there, or because they can and do shoot anyone.

I've lost a best friend (More a brother then a friend) and a cousin and many other aquantanses in Soth Africa, it is hard to explane, but they, the criminal element and most government officials do not operate the way civilised people in other countries do, they go by their own rules which they tend to make up as they go, they are not predictable, the most likly senario is you'll be at red light and then they approach you on foot and usually shoot you from behind and above, then they try to get you out of the car quick so you don't make too much mess in it, other times, if they don't think they;ll get the car, and as has happend to my family, they tend to just shoot it full of holes as you drive by, or they drive by or while you are stopped, you don't need to provoke anyone for this to happen, just show up, especially in a nice, attention grabbing car like the Camaro.

If you must go, please use a different car, you can send you Maro to me here in NZ for safe keeping.

Rgds
Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #32
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Mate, I would be suprised if you lasted more then a day in South Africa (Won't comment on the rest of Africa cause I've never lived there) with out being shot for your car, or for being in the wrong place, or because you were there, or because they can and do shoot anyone.

I've lost a best friend (More a brother then a friend) and a cousin and many other aquantanses in Soth Africa, it is hard to explane, but they, the criminal element and most government officials do not operate the way civilised people in other countries do, they go by their own rules which they tend to make up as they go, they are not predictable, the most likly senario is you'll be at red light and then they approach you on foot and usually shoot you from behind and above, then they try to get you out of the car quick so you don't make too much mess in it, other times, if they don't think they;ll get the car, and as has happend to my family, they tend to just shoot it full of holes as you drive by, or they drive by or while you are stopped, you don't need to provoke anyone for this to happen, just show up, especially in a nice, attention grabbing car like the Camaro.

If you must go, please use a different car, you can send you Maro to me here in NZ for safe keeping.

Rgds
Jason
I am sorry for your loss and appreciate your concern. However your story can be duplicated all over the world in so called civilized countries. You can transplant you story just fine in to L.A., New York or Hartford. Its all about taking proper precautions. Avoiding some places at night, wallet in front pocket and so on.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #33
jelly2m8

Drives: GM 2 seaters
To The Op, I would suggest purchasing the documentries Long Way Round and Long Way Down to get some insight on what a massive Physicial, mental and Financial undertaking this would be.
jelly2m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #34
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
I am sorry for your loss and appreciate your concern. However your story can be duplicated all over the world in so called civilized countries. You can transplant you story just fine in to L.A., New York or Hartford. Its all about taking proper precautions. Avoiding some places at night, wallet in front pocket and so on.
Oh my you are sounding naive. It's your life do what you want.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #35
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly2m8 View Post
To The Op, I would suggest purchasing the documentries Long Way Round and Long Way Down to get some insight on what a massive Physicial, mental and Financial undertaking this would be.
I have seen Long Way Round and have been researching on lonely planet as well have been following http://transworldexpedition.com/ as will as http://theodysseyexpedition.com/ and http://properjobaroundafrica.blogspot.com/ and http://www.theworldbyroad.com/ and http://jangano2009.blogspot.com/ and http://www.junglerunner.com/RTW01/RTW__Home.htm and i just found this guy http://web.me.com/ragtraveler/Site/Welcome.html

I do not plan to just grab my jacket and head out without a clue.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #36
Coldpants
Nerdy one

[QUOTE=BackinBlackSS/RS;1834336]Oh my you are sounding naive. It's your life do what you want.[/QUOTE

Impart the wisdom of your personal experience.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #37
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Go For it................................

I suggest a very detailed travel log.....Yes............those of us who have traveled into some less traveled regions over the years have fond memories of life changing experiences in some of those named countries...but are happy to be less traveled these days and content to frequently check on the Maro resting comfortably in the hangar. Have a great trip.
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 AM   #38
Jason

Mate, it's your life and car, If I hd the money and safewty of me and Camaro was 100% gaurenteed I'd love to do the same thing.

If you do this, I wish you all the best and if you were going to be in NZ I would buy you a beer.

Good luck, Gods speed, be safe.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #39
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Mate, it's your life and car, If I hd the money and safewty of me and Camaro was 100% gaurenteed I'd love to do the same thing.

If you do this, I wish you all the best and if you were going to be in NZ I would buy you a beer.

Good luck, Gods speed, be safe.
I would love to go to NZ. Maybe next trip.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #40
Jason

Indeed, If I'm still alive, I'll shout ya a beer.