Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #29
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Congrats on the purchase!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Congratulations!!, and welcome to the club. Don't beat yourself up on the deal. If you recieved a bigger discount on the Camaro, the PX would have been worse. If you're happy with the deal, just sit back and wait for your car.......then you won't care about the cost. It'll be all the way home. Enjoy.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #31
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodscamaro View Post
Enjoy the new car, they probably gave you more for the trade so they didn't take as much off the price of the car.

Unless he gets his Trade in Value close to Private Seller, Their screwing him on the Trade and the Camaro.

I would recommend either keeping your trade or selling it yourself. That way you De-Complicate the deal.

Unless this is a Vert, the Dealer SHOULD NOT BE charging Markup. IMO, Dealer SHOULD NOT BE charging Markup on the Verts either.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #32
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Just buy one from BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet, she is a member on here and she is extremely nice.

She will honor all discounts and many members on here have bought cars from her. She also owns 2 camaros, so she knows the love.

Right now you have not signed enough to really make yourself in a commitment. Like said above, the final financing paper is the one that counts. Walk away and talk to Becky, she'll get you a much better deal
THIS.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #33
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Congrats whatever you decide. Permagrin srriving soon! Post pics when it arrives!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #34
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
The car is worth whatever you are willing to pay.

Mine was "worth" $2,500 under MSRP

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #35
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
If it makes you feel better "Stealth", I paid the equivalent of $50,000 for my humble 2LT RS. Be happy to live in the land of cheap cars, and gas.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #36
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Updates hurrah.
Thank you for all the advice, I did end up ditching Classic Chevrolet in Moorestown NJ (Hint). Told them to enjoy not getting my business because your dealership is garbage, the sales manager was a prick, and overall stubborn AT ALL to work on price. 502$ a month for a base 1LT? No, absofreakinlutely no. Where are the black suburbans when you need them. No wonder this dealership lost there bowtie. Unbelievable. I however Did manage to get 12 grand for my trade in, and 23,900 for the Camaro I wanted. Coming nearly to 430 a month, down from 502. I probably could of gotten a better deal... but as nice as this dealer was, I dont wanna deal with another dealership for a decade. This has been a headache, but im glad Im going to get what I want. I am really pleased when what I got for my car, They are 16 grand new, and I got 12 for a 3 year old car. That and they came down a little on MSRP. I am happy now, this I can say. They are locating one as we speak, expecting either VR, IBM, SW, or Black. I told them im flexible... just it has to be 6 on the floor. One odd thing though. 6M 1LTs must be rare? All 3 dealerships I inquired to isnt having an easy time finding them. 2LTs, Verts even. Even LS's... (ugleyrims.gov) But they found a few, some states away (NY/MD) Overall, I am excited as hell, and im really glad I was treated with respect, and ended up coming to a good deal I felt comfortable with.

I wanted it for the Mem day weekend... but it looks gloomy. IDK.
Thank you all, everyone, for the advice. If I had settled... I might not have gotten 2k more(technically less) than I originally dealed for.

X days til my Christmas. ^_^
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #37
One Mean Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
One odd thing though. 6M 1LTs must be rare? All 3 dealerships I inquired to isnt having an easy time finding them. 2LTs, Verts even. Even LS's... (ugleyrims.gov) But they found a few, some states away (NY/MD) Overall, I am excited as hell, and im really glad I was treated with respect, and ended up coming to a good deal I felt comfortable with.

Thank you all, everyone, for the advice. If I had settled... I might not have gotten 2k more(technically less) than I originally dealed for.

Its not just 1LT 6M. Any Camaro with a Manaul Is hard to fine. My dealer checked just out of curiosity, as He knew I was NOT going for pulling a Camaro from another Dealer, the closest Camaro that matched what I ordered was 250 miles away.

Good to Hear you got a better deal.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #38
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
If you have good credit, check out PenFed.org. I've used them for many auto loans. Currently 2.49%.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #39
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Updates hurrah.
Thank you for all the advice, I did end up ditching Classic Chevrolet in Moorestown NJ (Hint). Told them to enjoy not getting my business because your dealership is garbage, the sales manager was a prick, and overall stubborn AT ALL to work on price. 502$ a month for a base 1LT? No, absofreakinlutely no. Where are the black suburbans when you need them. No wonder this dealership lost there bowtie. Unbelievable. I however Did manage to get 12 grand for my trade in, and 23,900 for the Camaro I wanted. Coming nearly to 430 a month, down from 502. I probably could of gotten a better deal... but as nice as this dealer was, I dont wanna deal with another dealership for a decade. This has been a headache, but im glad Im going to get what I want. I am really pleased when what I got for my car, They are 16 grand new, and I got 12 for a 3 year old car. That and they came down a little on MSRP. I am happy now, this I can say. They are locating one as we speak, expecting either VR, IBM, SW, or Black. I told them im flexible... just it has to be 6 on the floor. One odd thing though. 6M 1LTs must be rare? All 3 dealerships I inquired to isnt having an easy time finding them. 2LTs, Verts even. Even LS's... (ugleyrims.gov) But they found a few, some states away (NY/MD) Overall, I am excited as hell, and im really glad I was treated with respect, and ended up coming to a good deal I felt comfortable with.

Awesome! Glad that you are happy!

As for the unavailability it must be your state. In Florida, there are at least 20 camaros on the dealership I'm near or more. And they are mostly v6s, so lots of LS, LTs, and 2LTs. Not so much SS's. But a few verts too.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #40
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Pull out, talk to any one of the forum sellers here, the deal will be better, without a doubt.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #41
One Mean Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Awesome! Glad that you are happy!

As for the unavailability it must be your state. In Florida, there are at least 20 camaros on the dealership I'm near or more. And they are mostly v6s, so lots of LS, LTs, and 2LTs. Not so much SS's. But a few verts too.
But are they Manuals?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #42
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Updates hurrah.

First off, Congrats you are gonna love it.
The bottom line is, if YOU think you got a good deal, then You got a good deal. That's all that matters. You get the car you want for a price you can afford and are happy with.
Good Luck, enjoy. Post pics.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote