Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #43
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Hope you find somewhere in town you're happy with.
Word from the wise. When you change your insurance over to NV, get Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist. NO questions about it, just get it.

Also I know an agent with StateFarm that's saved a ton of people money, and a lot of the guys in the riding community out here. Also know a bad ass mobile detail-er. (goes for anyone out here) If interested in either let me know.

Also don't be alarmed if you come across a large number of sportbikes, riding a little reckless on the 215-15-and the 95. Usually between 9pm and midnight.
AlwaysAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #44
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
Word from the wise. When you change your insurance over to NV, get Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist. NO questions about it, just get it.

Also I know an agent with StateFarm that's saved a ton of people money, and a lot of the guys in the riding community out here. Also know a bad ass mobile detail-er. (goes for anyone out here) If interested in either let me know.

Also don't be alarmed if you come across a large number of sportbikes, riding a little reckless on the 215-15-and the 95. Usually between 9pm and midnight.
this. 100%
hey man whos your detailer?
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #45
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post

Thanks for all this info, I will be looking for a good insurance guy, and a good detailer(but I am more of a DIY guy) I will be looking for someone to clean up all the scratches and dings I have accumulated out here in the country.
Im not too worried about the rogue bikers, I have my own secret way of dealing with it if I come across them.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #46
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
If you're from Las Vegas you already know... but in case you forgot... you've got bad drivers from all parts of the country there. They never learned how to drive right to begin with in Detroit of Kalamazoo or LA... and now they're all there doing their own regional thing. I loved Las Vegas, but HATED driving there.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #47
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
If you're from Las Vegas you already know... but in case you forgot... you've got bad drivers from all parts of the country there. They never learned how to drive right to begin with in Detroit of Kalamazoo or LA... and now they're all there doing their own regional thing. I loved Las Vegas, but HATED driving there.
ya I remember how it was 7 years ago, I can imagine it is worse now, I only had one accident- some stripper was taking off down intustrial from Olympic Gardens club one morning and she was texting or something on her phone because we found her phone in the back of her SUV from being blasted back there by the air bag. She wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and just drove up the sidewalk and nailed a lamp post, part of the post came down and struck the upper corner on my Avalanche windshield and shattered it. Her insurance paid for it all....so no hard feelings (oh wait a minute...shes a stripper! I had SOME hard feelings lol)
I have acquired a sixth sense from driving around that city....I just hate the ten minute long red lights out there lol
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #49
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Looks like we will be moving within a month to las vegas as well. we are looking to get movers and drive the Camaro and Sonic. I think it ends up being cheaper. would love to rent a truck and tow the Camaro. Still looking at options.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #50
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
Thanks everyone, I am rather excited, I am not sore at any southerners (albeit the one who screwed me over or didn't give me a chance)
Lost Wages? ya I have heard that many times before while I lived there before, I however am not a gambler (work too hard for what little money I get) I however will just use a little change once in a while and clink it into one of the one armed bandits, but that is the most of it really.
As for the long trip in my Camaro? well.....I already have 45k miles on it and have only had it for 22 months, so ....... ya it is used to long drives, no worries there.
Another note here in the south.....on my twice a week trip to my other clinic in South Carolina I would always pass another Camaro coming from the other direction, yep I would give the usual wave(and no he never waved back, but I got over it) he drives a red V6, then three weeks ago I saw something that really stuck out like a sore thumb.....he put camouflaged stripes on it!........all I can say is that is NOT my cup of tea, folks.....camouflaged stripes on a Camaro IMHO look like crap, I feel if you really want to make your car look tacky as hell, then go out and find you some stripes like that. I mean I guess it is ok for him an I am a firm believer of making your car your own, but I hope I never see a Camaro with those stripes again....it will be too soon, I bet his buddies really think its cool, now all he needs is a sweet mullet to go with those stripes........gotta love the south
Wow. Sorry you had such an awful experience wherever in GA you were. I love it here. Great weather, smooth, fun twisty roads to drive all year long, lakes to enjoy, a great Camaro group ACE5 with awesome people, etc. There are some great things to enjoy here Georgia, sorry you missed it. Yeah, camouflaged stripes on a Camaro is a bit much for me too, as are some other things here. However, my experience over all has been a good one. Good luck in Vegas, another great place.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #51
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

UPDATE:
I now have been in Vegas for about two and a half months now, I just love it here, I have met many cool folks at Sin City Camaro Club and even gone on a few runs, I really enjoyed the Hoover Dam run, looking forward to the Calico Ghost town run......
I found a way higher paying job than the one I had in GA, plus I now have a company truck that I drive home every night, I went from driving 500+ miles a week to around 5 miles a week in my Camaro.
I am still lookingbfor a good well priced detailer for her as well.
driving around this town sure has its challengez but I have skillz, so I am handling it pretty well.
I do miss the back country roads with all the twisty turny excitement, but I can find those kindz of roads out here.
to all those folks that want me to message them once I moved out here, you all will be hearing from me soon, still getting settled in.
I just love this place.........NOT missing Georgia one bit......
Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #52
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Vegas Baby!!!! HERE I COME!!!!!

When I get out there, I'll give you the info on one of my good friends who owns a mobile detailing business. I've known him for about 10 years now. He's washed/detailed my Camaro's for the 2 years I've had them. Does excellent work and prices are good. I'm hoping to be there next Saturday at cars and coffee.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #53
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
When I get out there, I'll give you the info on one of my good friends who owns a mobile detailing business. I've known him for about 10 years now. He's washed/detailed my Camaro's for the 2 years I've had them. Does excellent work and prices are good. I'm hoping to be there next Saturday at cars and coffee.
Well I didnt quite make cars and coffee that weekend because with my new job I am on call and doing lots of work on weekends, but I will be trying to get there when I can get a chance, I am still really interezted in a good detail person due to the fact that I barely drive the Camaro any more(been a month and a half since I last filled her up with gas, and still have 3/4 of a tank) thats what happens when you have a company truck that you get to take home every night.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #54
LVGMman

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
the nature of a 24 hour town on call and OT. sucks and is awesome at the same time