Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #29
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
No offense, but most of us who got the V8 aren't concerned with MPGs, higher insurance costs, or higher costs of the car. We either factored those things in, or simply don't care. And again, no offense...but it seems like most people who bought the V6 bought it for one of the aforementioned reasons. The V6 Camaro is a nice car. It is just as nice as the V8. Take the badges off and put 20s on the V6 and you'd be none the wiser.

But the truth is that those of us who bought the V8 did so for specific reasons. I would not have been happy in a V6. I've never been happy in V6 cars. Even when the V6 was the top model. I am a V8 RWD American muscle kinda guy. That's just my preference. But I'd never disrespect anyone or look down on anyone for getting the V6. Chevy did a great job with the new V6s.
I'm 19 if you missed that, and in college. When did I ever say that you v8 guys bought the car for mpgs? I drive about 50 miles to school and back so in my situation a v6 with the hp it has while getting 25 mpg is a huge plus. How old are you? Because if you are 35+ obviously you shouldn't care having a full time job and enough money to have the SS...the Camaro is a very great car for low cost, and I plan on trading up to the glorified SS when I graduate. But until then I'll enjoy my v6 that turns just the same amount of heads as a v8
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #30
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
I didn't miss what you said. I commented on a specific statement you made. You said "Now if I was earning 100K a year I wouldn't even waste my time with V6 Camaro". To me that clearly means that you prefer the V8. Because if there were no circumstances then you would have bought the V8, not the V6. Which is why I asked if YOU thought the V8 is a better car.

BTW, my car is not a weekend warrior either. I drive it every day. And I still modify it when I get the chance. I won't drive it in the snow because that's just asking for trouble. I wouldn't even dirve a M6 V6 in the snow. That's just me. Again, we buy cars for different reasons. But you're acting like you're pro-V6 when you only got the V6 because of your circumstances. It's not like you just chose the V6 over the V8 because you liked it better. Like you said, if you had x amount of money you wouldn't have even wasted your time with the V6...
I stated I wouldn't even waste my time with V6 Camaro earning 100k a year but I don't think most people would with that type of coin and I mean 100K single income no family. I said that and that's true but I hope you realize that I stated I would rather drive a Dodge Viper or BMW M6 those have V10 motors NOT V8's and since I am a far cry from obtaining that place in life I stated the V6 is the more logical car, now if the next gen Camaro comes out with V8 with the fuel efficiency of a V6 I think I would be on that.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
And let's all remember...the reason people look down on the V6 is because of the manufacturers. The V6s of the 80s and 90s were always built cheap and cheesy. The suspensions sucked, the engines were prone to failure, the transmissions were weak, the brakes barely worked, and so on. The older V6s were built without any type of consideration or pride. They truly were a cheap version of the V8s. Even up until recent years. Just a year ago Ford FINALLY made a quality V6. And Chevy FINALLY made a great V6 for the 2010 model year. But still, that decades long stigma the V6 has is gonna be here for a while. 2 years isn't gonna change that. People who comment on the V6 are merely talking based on the reputation the manufacturers gave themselves over 20 years ago.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
Shoulda gotta an "Iron Duke". JK
I ordered one as well. I am waiting for mine hoping to see dyno results.
This 6 got plenty of respect at a all Camaro show recently.
Attached Images

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I stated I wouldn't even waste my time with V6 Camaro earning 100k a year but I don't think most people would with that type of coin and I mean 100K single income no family. I said that and that's true but I hope you realize that I stated I would rather drive a Dodge Viper or BMW M6 those have V10 motors NOT V8's and since I am a far cry from obtaining that place in life I stated the V6 is the more logical car, now if the next gen Camaro comes out with V8 with the fuel efficiency of a V6 I think I would be on that.
And again, that is why I asked if you think the V8 is better than the V6...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
simt3k

Quote:
And again, that is why I asked if you think the V8 is better than the V6...
It obviously has power and more noise but those with V8's would never dare drive in this climate all year round. It is NOT a better car for everyday use.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #35
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
I'm 19 if you missed that, and in college. When did I ever say that you v8 guys bought the car for mpgs? I drive about 50 miles to school and back so in my situation a v6 with the hp it has while getting 25 mpg is a huge plus. How old are you? Because if you are 35+ obviously you shouldn't care having a full time job and enough money to have the SS...the Camaro is a very great car for low cost, and I plan on trading up to the glorified SS when I graduate. But until then I'll enjoy my v6 that turns just the same amount of heads as a v8
That is why I said that most people who buy the V6 do so because of either the MPGs, the insurance cost, or the cost of the car. Those of us who bought the V8 are not concerned or affected by those issues. We all buy a car for a specific reason.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #36
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
I bought mine to haul ass. I want the fastest I can afford and this was it.

I always buy the "best" or to those who have Vaseline thin skin "top tier model" and usually regret buying something I'll never take advantage of.

This WAS NOT one of those times. I'll always want the fastest....that's just the cave man in me I guess

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...

Last edited by GaBoy25; 09-10-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I spell like a cave man
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
It obviously has power and more noise but those with V8's would never dare drive in this climate all year round. It is NOT a better car for everyday use.
And a V6 Camaro is not a better car for every day use over a Toyota Corolla.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #38
tow

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange LS Camaro
V6 or V8 it's still a camaro and a head turner!!!
tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #39
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow View Post
V6 or V8 it's still a camaro and a head turner!!!
Absolutely!!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #40
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
And all that makes perfect sense! The issue becomes when someone asks a V6 performance question, do you offer intelligent advice or do you simply say, "Should have got a V8"?

There are plenty of V8 owner who treat V6 owners worst than the proverbial "red headed step-child"... which simply is a shame...
Well my usual response to these people are..."I wanted to give you a chance " and I like modding my v6 just to see how much I can get out of it. But yeah no matter what, the Camaro def turns more heads than most.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #41
simt3k

Quote:
And a V6 Camaro is not a better car for every day use over a Toyota Corolla.
For someone who cant afford that, my car is paid off. Paid off the day I bought it. Sure I could have even bought a Prius but there is is nothing sporty about a Corolla or a Prius. I wanted sportiness and fuel efficiency and the Camaro did it for me.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
For someone who cant afford that, my car is paid off. Paid off the day I bought it. Sure I could have even bought a Prius but there is is nothing sporty about a Corolla or a Prius.
Hahaha, agreed!!