Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
At least they could post a reason when they close a thread.

I can't tell you the specific reason the original "camaro abuse" thread was closed as I wasn't the one to close it. It's not that the thread was breaking a rule per say but one of the Mods/Admins found that it was best the thread be locked, if only the time being.

Heck this could be my fault for getting "too involved" with the issue and whatnot. So that's my bad.

If you guys have any specific questions or anything regarding the thread/issue feel free to PM me. I'm kinda busy today so I may not get back to you right away, but I will respond to you before tonight.

OH and side bar: everyone should check out Best Chevrolet's FB page. It's worth a few laughs.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I can't tell you the specific reason the original "camaro abuse" thread was closed as I wasn't the one to close it. It's not that the thread was breaking a rule per say but one of the Mods/Admins found that it was best the thread be locked, if only the time being.

Heck this could be my fault for getting "too involved" with the issue and whatnot. So that's my bad.

If you guys have any specific questions or anything regarding the thread/issue feel free to PM me. I'm kinda busy today so I may not get back to you right away, but I will respond to you before tonight.

OH and side bar: everyone should check out Best Chevrolet's FB page. It's worth a few laughs.
Thanks for the insight. That's ALL folks are asking for, an explanation as to why the mysterious moderator playing Big Brother keeps locking threads.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Word of mouth is what keep my wifes busness busy. The same thought applies here because whenever I see a 5th gen I ask them if they have gone on this forum, tell them to look me up and our meet site and tell them how if you want to know it about a 5th gen they will have it on there. Makes me start to question whether I am doing the right thing by saying that.

Stieger thanks for the insite.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I can somewhat understand people being upset with moderators closing threads with no explanation but the truth is most of the ones that get closed end up heading south quickly otherwise. Online forums with arguements quickly become pissing contests with everyone flexing their "internet muscles".

I'd much rather a forum be over moderated than under moderated. At least they care about the quality of people and information that gets to remain on the site.

You gotta look at both sides here.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I agree with the money part but sometime you have to standup for what is right. Do you really want sponsors to cheat your members and does that not make you just as bad as them.
Yes they do. Because sponsors = money. And money = business.

Trust me, they would rather have 100 ripped off members than lose 1 single sponsor's cash flow.

Ever notice threads about issues with Camaros are moved almost immediately, but useless threads are left up for WEEKS?

And any thread that says "X company took my money and makes a crap product!" somehow gets wiped off the face of the Earth?

As Belle said, that's the way this place is run so if we don't like it, we will have to leave. But I, for one, disagree with it entirely. Now watch. Just saying THAT will probably get me banned.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
I think we deserve an explanation.

We have supported this website for years. Supported both the vendors and owners of the website via buying stuff off this website as well as using it and going to events like Camarofest.

Now one of our own is in a situation that needs our support through social media and someone here on Camaro5 are denying us the right to help him or even discuss what has happened to him. This did not happen to a Mustang or Challenger owner, it happened to a Camaro owner. Is this not Camaro5.com? Our home on the web?

I could understand if the thread had gotten out of hand but it was, and still is, mostly civil and we had a Mod keeping an eye on us. (Thanks Stieger, you get it) Let us continue to discuss this in an adult manner like we have been because this is in the national spotlight and closing this while the nation is looking at us is really foolish. The next headline will read, "Camaro5 won't let it's members discuss bad manners by dealership of one of it's member's!". How is that going to look?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Could the mod who moved the thread chime in and maybe reopen the orginal thread with the what ever was wrong edited. "Perception is reality"
Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
big papa

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
If this is a community, a quick "why it was closed" should be posted.

19 GMC CC 4x4
2019 Harley RGS
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Site is afraid of getting sued and doesn't want involved with someone else's fight. It's as plain as the nose on your face. I'm no lawyer so I don't really know if they could be sued anyway. If it was my site, I would say post away in this situation. The op has the facts. I don't how C5 could be affected.

Although, C5 does get accused of being in bed with GM. It's things likw closing threads like those in question that make one wonder if there isn't something to that. In that case, I can see why it got closed.

Doesn't matter anyway. It's a privately owned site and they don't owe anyone a reason for doing what they do. Like they always say themselves, If you don't like don't let the door hit you in the butt when you leave.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
I can guarantee this will go away quietly because in most astates it is "ILLEGAL" to record someone without their knowledge. If the people in question want to get pissy (even though they were in the wrong) they can go after the OP. He better get what he can before the dealer gets a lawyer. And I can tell you once you threaten most dealer wit hlega laction ALL bets are off and they are going to ask you to leave.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #25
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
What was the original thread about?

It sounds like it was someone complaining about a product? If that's the case, there's a "vendor review" section specifically for that sort of thing.

And like has been said, the first amendment only protects you from being censored by the government. It does not protect your internet post from being censored by the host or owner of that site

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
I can guarantee this will go away quietly because in most astates it is "ILLEGAL" to record someone without their knowledge. If the people in question want to get pissy (even though they were in the wrong) they can go after the OP. He better get what he can before the dealer gets a lawyer. And I can tell you once you threaten most dealer wit hlega laction ALL bets are off and they are going to ask you to leave.
Ever hear of people secretly recording babysitters? Nanny cams, they call them. Not to mention when a spouse is secretly recorded hiring a hitman to knock off their spouse. It's a legal gray area depending on the crime that was recorded. Fraud is probably serious enough.

Back to the purpose of this forum. I thought it was a Camaro forum. Is it really an advertising board with some forum sections thrown in?

Wow. That light just went on.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #27
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
It was either the OP who requested it closed because a lawyer recommended not saying anything to anyone until completion of a lawsuit or it was this site's owners. The owners may have some kind of relationship with GM as it has been hinted at. Whether this relationship is financially driven or information-ally driven, it wouldn't matter. If any type of relationship exists, a video and thread making GM/Dealerships look terrible could do nothing but hurt the established relationship between GM and C5.

This relationship has negative and positive attributes. It means this site has a degree of damage control and censorship to it. The positive attribute is that GM sees this site as a marketing and business opportunity. We get special information and GM participation in events and ultimately new product development.

Take it as you want but the best positive is that we can reflect on what we like and dislike about our cars as well as reflect on what we would want in a future Camaro/GM car.

In essence, this site gives you a voice that GM would not have otherwise heard of. If we have to let them save face and maintain a positive business image in the process, then it really is not a bad trade off.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Ever hear of people secretly recording babysitters? Nanny cams, they call them. Not to mention when a spouse is secretly recorded hiring a hitman to knock off their spouse. It's a legal gray area depending on the crime that was recorded. Fraud is probably serious enough.

Back to the purpose of this forum. I thought it was a Camaro forum. Is it really an advertising board with some forum sections thrown in?

Wow. That light just went on.
Exactly and from what I understand that rule does not apply to private property. If you enter the boundary of my private property I can record whatever I want, as well as in the public space. My car is my private property and thus I have the right to record whatever happens in the cabin.

I think the law applies when you are on someone else private property that does not have an implied public use. Implied public use meaning you could record in a mall or a supermarket. So I can't go walk into your home and start recording you unless you say it is okay. If I record in your home without your permission, then it could be illegal.

Ultimately legality with audio/video recording is whether you are on your own or another person's private property and whether you have permission. Permission to record is not implied and must be confirmed.

Closed Thread