Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
**Which setup would you choose?**

So here's the deal. I'm not going all crazy in the trunk which you know you can do, because I am a big golfer so I still need my trunk space. So I've got a couple routes I can go and would like some people opinions. I used to compete in SQ so I am used to high end sound, and have owned trucks not cars in past so this camaro thing is a new deal to me and I am soo worried about the trunk ratteling with the subs. I am going to be putting dynomat in the front two doors and the trunk. Will that be good for any rattle?

Here are my options.

I will also be keeping stock deck. Don't want to get anything stolen, so I want it to look factory if someone looks inside.

Setup #1

-3 10" JL audio W3's in their stealthbox firing to the rear
-JL audio cleansweep cli
-SSI summing module
-JL audio monoblock class-D full range
-JL audo 4 channel calss-D full range
-Diamond audio Hex s600 components
-Diamond audio D364i coaxials (instead of the 6x9's)

Setup #2

-2 10" Alpine Type R DVC 2 Ohm (SWR 1023D) mounted in rear trunk corners at angle firing into the cab or forward
-Diamond audio 6" components (H600A/S)
-Pioneer 6x9 (TSD 690 2R) I could do Diamond audio coaxes here instead
-Audison 5 channel amp (AV 5.1K) 1650(RMS) max
-Helix PDSP processor (8 channel)

Thanks for your input!
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Why the strict set ups, can you not mix and match all that stuff?

Just from my experience:
1) I went with 2 10's in corner boxes. I think it works best because you can still put your seat down and put long stuff in if you want. I love the access I retained.
2) I used an MTX RE-Q5 into an AudioControl EQX. I know the Cleansweep but never used one. It will give you a flat signal out, but then won't you need an EQ after?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
Myyu

Drives: 2012 1LT IBM
Which ever setup you go with, please post pics of the install and finished product. I'd love to see either of these box setups.
Myyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
I would somewhat do a combo of both if those are the only products your looking for.

The 2 JL 10w3 will be plenty
I would go with Hybrid Clarus components or Arc Black series
amps the JL HD are nice and so is the ARC KS series mini or full sized
Audison BitTen
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I'm a SQ person myself, and I'll tell you that the biggest rattle problem I had to track down as the rear deck clacking on the back window. I sound deadened the entire car, and not just the trunk and doors... so I don't have a comparison of not doing it that way. I'm also a huge supporter of JL, so that's the route I would take. I've owned their products for years, (had my current 12 W7's since release... never blown one), so they've earned my endorsements!

But for someone that has been previous SQ... I'm really surprised you want to keep the stock deck. I mean, the clean sweep and everything else... it doesn't sound horrible or anything, but nothing beats the sound of a deck with good clean pre-outs.

Also, I agree with everyone else. Why not mix and match? I think the JL stealth box is a great idea. I will vouch for Double D Mods too. I have Hybrid 3-ways and I'm a believer! Awesome components! And amps... I love JL's amps, but they're expensive. I would recommend taking a peak at the new Soundstream amps. They are much more cost efficient, and sound just as great as they did 10 years ago. I believe they did a revamp of some sort, so their products are better than they have been the past several years.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Thanks for all the input guys
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I'm a SQ person myself, and I'll tell you that the biggest rattle problem I had to track down as the rear deck clacking on the back window. I sound deadened the entire car, and not just the trunk and doors... so I don't have a comparison of not doing it that way. I'm also a huge supporter of JL, so that's the route I would take. I've owned their products for years, (had my current 12 W7's since release... never blown one), so they've earned my endorsements!

But for someone that has been previous SQ... I'm really surprised you want to keep the stock deck. I mean, the clean sweep and everything else... it doesn't sound horrible or anything, but nothing beats the sound of a deck with good clean pre-outs.

Also, I agree with everyone else. Why not mix and match? I think the JL stealth box is a great idea. I will vouch for Double D Mods too. I have Hybrid 3-ways and I'm a believer! Awesome components! And amps... I love JL's amps, but they're expensive. I would recommend taking a peak at the new Soundstream amps. They are much more cost efficient, and sound just as great as they did 10 years ago. I believe they did a revamp of some sort, so their products are better than they have been the past several years.
I want to keep stock deck because this is my daily driver and I don't want to have to worry about car getting broken into if someone sees aftermarket head unit. Going for as much stock look from inside cab as possible. I had 2011 f350 that had big aftermarket system in including head unit and I got broken into twice. Even with top of line security. Sucked. Don't want to go through that again.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myyu View Post
Which ever setup you go with, please post pics of the install and finished product. I'd love to see either of these box setups.
+1

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote