Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Weekly gas cost on your F/I car?

Guys, ever since you added F/I to your car, can you tell me your average weekly miles and how much $ you spend on gas? When I say average, I mean between spirited and normal driving. I'm trying to get an idea where a F/I Camaro compared to other F/I car

# of Miles per week
$ Gas cost
Type of F/I (S/C or Turbo)

Thank you in advance!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Guys, ever since you added F/I to your car, can you tell me your average weekly miles and how much $ you spend on gas? When I say average, I mean between spirited and normal driving. I'm trying to get an idea where a F/I Camaro compared to other F/I car

# of Miles per week
$ Gas cost
Type of F/I (S/C or Turbo)

Thank you in advance!
I can't give you a per week amount bc it can be over a month before I need to fill the car but I can give you a basic idea. My car, currently at 660 rwhp, averages 18 mpg. Like you said, between spirited and normal driving, highway and backroads. The cost of 93 here in Connecticut, as of this am is about $3.60 per gallon. So you can take it from there. I'm not sure how many miles you go in a wk. My car has gone 25 in 7 wks.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I can't give you a per week amount bc it can be over a month before I need to fill the car but I can give you a basic idea. My car, currently at 660 rwhp, averages 18 mpg. Like you said, between spirited and normal driving, highway and backroads. The cost of 93 here in Connecticut, as of this am is about $3.60 per gallon. So you can take it from there. I'm not sure how many miles you go in a wk. My car has gone 25 in 7 wks.
Thanks for your notes. Perhaps I should have pointed out, that my question was aiming at people who use their car for daily driving.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Z_Rocks, I just cant help myself, but who cares!!!! The cost of gas is worth the price o the shit eating grin of the car AND the addition of the power adder. bwahahahahahahahaha.

Just messing with you.

cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Z_Rocks, I just cant help myself, but who cares!!!! The cost of gas is worth the price o the shit eating grin of the car AND the addition of the power adder. bwahahahahahahahaha.

Just messing with you.

cheers
K
As a weekend car, you're right, but as a dd car driving 350 to 400 miles a week, will cost min of $80 to $100 a week. I'm trying to figure out if I need a different car as my DD. So, I ask to get an idea how folks are driving their Forced inducted cars. Is it their Weekend or race car once a month or do they drive 40 or 50 miles a day?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
As a weekend car, you're right, but as a dd car driving 350 to 400 miles a week, will cost min of $80 to $100 a week. I'm trying to figure out if I need a different car as my DD. So, I ask to get an idea how folks are driving their Forced inducted cars. Is it their Weekend or race car once a month or do they drive 40 or 50 miles a day?

If your worried about it then yes, you should probably get another car for a DD. Whenever doing something big like F/I you should have another car as a DD anyways for when you push the car just a bit too hard and have to have it repaired.

Just find a cheap, dare I say it, import for like $2K that gets about 25mpg in the city. Then your gas bill will be around $40 a week
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
If you can afford to FI the car and do all the mods, why not just get a DD and not have to worry about anyone dinging it ect. I know that is the plan with my car, and I just got started. Bought a 2011 SS/RS and already 10K+ in mods with rims/tires ect and then going FI route, and I will be getting a DD for driving back and forth to work. Just to keep the miles off my car and have another car to drive while getting more work done to the car LOL
JETG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
@Z I know I am just teasing you I figured you were doing an analysis of the additional cost of a power adder. Didnt think of the DD piece of.
Cheers
k
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
I've had my supercharger in for a couple of weeks now. I drive it every day, and I'm averaging around 16.3mpg. All my driving is spirited!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #10
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I've had my supercharger in for a couple of weeks now. I drive it every day, and I'm averaging around 16.3mpg. All my driving is spirited!
Thank you and LOVE your can man!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Thank you and LOVE your can man!
Thanks bro!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
If you can afford to FI the car and do all the mods, why not just get a DD and not have to worry about anyone dinging it ect. I know that is the plan with my car, and I just got started. Bought a 2011 SS/RS and already 10K+ in mods with rims/tires ect and then going FI route, and I will be getting a DD for driving back and forth to work. Just to keep the miles off my car and have another car to drive while getting more work done to the car LOL
Jay Leno who has tons of cars, and can certainly afford the gas, just bought a Volt as his DD car on Monday.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Jay Leno who has tons of cars, and can certainly afford the gas, just bought a Volt as his DD car on Monday.
Only for his image.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
I know mine is not a Camaro, but my 6.0L with the TVS 1900 & my uber heavy foot gets a little over 18mpg average per tank. I drive 60 miles RT to work every day + lunches and whatever weekend driving I do. Most weeks I spend about 60 dollars a week in gas
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote