Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #141
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...23/index4.html

They are discussing this over at ChallengerTalk and just look what they are saying! BTW, the only thing I require of the Z28 is the destruction of the GT500 lol.
Those guys are insecure, thats all
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #142
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Show-Me the Z
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #143
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

They are discussing this over at ChallengerTalk and just look what they are saying! BTW, the only thing I require of the Z28 is the destruction of the GT500 lol.
Umm... Daytona/SuperBee anyone?... They're just all worked-up because it won't be long before they're even further behind. What, for now, their TOL model runs with our SS, and in a few years, Z28 could be running past the GT500 (maybe not run ) All worked up over nothing. Besides - aren't they getting a 6.4 or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybyram View Post
Show-Me the Z
And that's the end of that

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #144
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:

That was a pretty pathetic thread. 4 pages of complaints about a wing on the possible Z/28.

Spoiler != Wing

Almost every production Camaro has had a spoiler, the Gen1-2 were tall the Gen 3 were short (the final Gen3 has "wing" in as much as I'm concenred. Gen 4 had a little of both.

So much trash talking to be wrong from post 1
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 AM   #145
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Just like I was saying before......

They had to bail on the Z28 package, but didnt want to hurt sales..........

So rather than let the public decide "oh Im just gonna wait another year and get the Z28" they had to completey call it dead so that people will buy an SS and then upgrade to the Z28 later.

I also think that they wanted Transformers 2 to be a big help on it..... but since that flopped, waiting till Transformers 3 will certainly be a better decision from the business side of the house.

Plus that gives them like 3 years to get some super efficient econo-boxes on the roads to offset the fleet average fuel mileage. Making it OK to have the Z28... and 3 years to redesign the motor to make 550-600HP at 24MPG
I am completely positive the decision to greenlight the Z/28 was more due to the encouraging sales of the current Camaros (more than 30K sold and built in the first few months) and the fact that GM has more or less completed its' "restructruring."

To foster other grandiose conspiracy theories is misguided, at best.

Either way, I look forward to owning another Z/28.

With respect,
Jim

Last edited by 2KZ28_For_Now; 09-27-2009 at 04:49 AM.
2KZ28_For_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #146
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Still, to me, I would rather have the "SS" now and add the cosmetic features of the "Z/28" when it becomes available. 400hp is plenty enough for me as I would bet if the Z/28 hits the 500+hp range, my insurance would simply be too expensive to keep it on the road! :(
I believe that SLP will soon be offering a Hood Scoop similar to ( if not the same as BumbleBee's ) in the near future so that will be just fine for me.
I'm willing to bet also, that there will be a lot of Z/28 upgrade kits available on the market designed specifically for the "SS" due to the fact that most will not want to shell out tens of thousands more to switch later.
Wow man. Look st the shine on that carBeautiful!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #147
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
lol, glad to see you takin it to the other side to stick up for the home team...and who woulda guessed, they just take your words completely out of context, get offensive and piss all over them...its okay though, ive been there too in another unmentionable post on a site about camaros and 5s and stuff...
-.-'
LOL
08ChallengerDad is trying to flame everyone who even somewhat disagrees with him. And he's not even good at it. It's easy to turn someone's words around with someone as stupid as that guy lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #148
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:

wow that 08challangerdad has to be one of the biggest idiots on a car forum today. Apparently stats, videos, and mag write ups dont mean anything because he had a cute little story about him racing a guy less than half his age at the track and winning.

I would be scared having him on my board, god only knows what kind of wrong info and bad advice he has been feeding new challanger folks over there.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #149
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
wow that 08challangerdad has to be one of the biggest idiots on a car forum today. Apparently stats, videos, and mag write ups dont mean anything because he had a cute little story about him racing a guy less than half his age at the track and winning.

I would be scared having him on my board, god only knows what kind of wrong info and bad advice he has been feeding new challanger folks over there.
Oh well... Ignorance is bliss is all I can say to that Challenger guy.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #150
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
As some of you on this forum know I am a pretty big Camaro collector owning at least one of each generation Camaro, specializing in Z28's. I drove a new Camaro SS and was not at all impressed so I went out and bought a used 2000 FRC Corvette. The Corvette turned out to be one of the best cars I have ever owned. It's nice to jump into a car and just drive it. The bolt on's for the Corvette were endless. I have $23,000 in a car that will run the quarter mile in high 12's low 13's and car do 140 plus on the Hot Rod Power Tour without breaking down. With that being said I am up against a wall right now. Do I buy a used 2008/2009 Z06 Corvette for high 40's low 50's or do I buy a new Z28? That's a tuff question! I have driven new CTS-V's with the LSA motor and they are AWSOME!!! The Z06 is a very well balanced vehicle in all corners. The Z28 will be powerfull no dought, but how will it mach up money wise and over all is my question? My quess is the Z28 is going to come in at somewhere around $50,000 to $60,000.That is alot of money for a Z28. What is everyone else's thoughts? Thanks, Jeff
Attached Images

IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #151
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post

So he said american muscle would never have high wings?
I have 2 words for that; Superbird & Daytona
As a matter of fact I believe they are both Dodge products!

He is a delusional egomaniac!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #152
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
My quess is the Z28 is going to come in at somewhere around $50,000 to $60,000.That is alot of money for a Z28. What is everyone else's thoughts? Thanks, Jeff
My thoughts are that it will be lower than that. Think of a ceiling around $50 grand...They're goal is to be competitive, and that price-range isn't it.

That said...Which did you like better overall, the Z06, or the CTS-V? Because I can all but promise the Z28 will behave more like a CTS-V than a Z06.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:08 AM   #153
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
My thoughts are that it will be lower than that. Think of a ceiling around $50 grand...They're goal is to be competitive, and that price-range isn't it.

That said...Which did you like better overall, the Z06, or the CTS-V? Because I can all but promise the Z28 will behave more like a CTS-V than a Z06.

The weight will be more in the Caddy area.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:33 AM   #154
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
I'd go for the Z28. From all indications it's going to be a barn burner and will run with the best of the Corvettes.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro z28, 2012 z28, camaro z28, new camaro z28, new z28, z28