Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #71
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Still, to me, I would rather have the "SS" now and add the cosmetic features of the "Z/28" when it becomes available. 400hp is plenty enough for me as I would bet if the Z/28 hits the 500+hp range, my insurance would simply be too expensive to keep it on the road! :(
I believe that SLP will soon be offering a Hood Scoop similar to ( if not the same as BumbleBee's ) in the near future so that will be just fine for me.
I'm willing to bet also, that there will be a lot of Z/28 upgrade kits available on the market designed specifically for the "SS" due to the fact that most will not want to shell out tens of thousands more to switch later.
Cool text yo. By the time I finished with all that code, my post would end up on page 397

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #72
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
DI V8 called LSS

How awesome will that be
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #73
Countach

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
i hope if they do make the z/28 that it is tailored made to outperform the gt500
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #74
csg93
Keep the Faith!

Drives: 2001 camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to csg93
IF they put the Z28 back into production i'm sure it'll be somewhere between the price of a base corvette and a Z06
csg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #75
Recaznor

Drives: 92 Stealth RIP Now 2010 2 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Just like I was saying before......

They had to bail on the Z28 package, but didnt want to hurt sales..........

So rather than let the public decide "oh Im just gonna wait another year and get the Z28" they had to completey call it dead so that people will buy an SS and then upgrade to the Z28 later.

I also think that they wanted Transformers 2 to be a big help on it..... but since that flopped, waiting till Transformers 3 will certainly be a better decision from the business side of the house.

Plus that gives them like 3 years to get some super efficient econo-boxes on the roads to offset the fleet average fuel mileage. Making it OK to have the Z28... and 3 years to redesign the motor to make 550-600HP at 24MPG
I hope when you said "it flopped" you're not talking about the movie itself considerig it made the 2nd highest opening ever, potentially the first if studio estimates are off at all. I hardly call that a flop lol.
Recaznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 AM   #76
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
2011...for convertible...darn...

oh well more time to perfect it i guess

maybe i'll get a z28 convertible??

i wonder what the different grille treatment will look like
only one convertable z28 was ever built (to my knowledge) and it was for one of GMs top dogs wife.
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #77
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I want a Z28 with T-Tops. GM this is a must!!!!
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #78
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You know, I still don't understand why we think GM should do this or even why GM should do this. Aftermarket tuners can throw some go-fast mods, superchargers, and cosmetic parts on just as easily as they can, and those tuners don't have to worry about CAFE requirements. GM should instead be focusing on building trim levels that emphasis suspension, brake, and most of all weight reduction upgrades.
i agree that aftermarket tuners can slap go fast goodies on just like GM...but i don't understand the reasoning behind gm needing to offer different suspension, brakes, or weight reduction trims. if the aftermarket tuners can slap the go fast goodies on, wouldn't it makes sense for them to do the brakes and such as well? i alway's considered them in the same category personally

also, the reason people think this car should be built is so that mustang owners will stop comparing a $47k gt500 to a $33k camaro...can't wait for the shenanigans and goings on in the GT500 vs. Z/28 threads.
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #79
Z06Joe

Drives: 2002 Z06
I don't know if I can wait two years for this.....
Z06Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #80
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Camaro Z28 vs. Shelby GT500 vs. Challenger T/A? (Chally T/A would kick ass, side exhaust please!)
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #81
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
The Z28 seems like a great idea but why not just buy a SS now. Simply get some forged pistons and a custom turbo setup and just dominate C6 Z06's, Zr1's and Z28's later
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #82
MustangMaulerSS

Drives: 2005 Trailblazer LT
Send a message via MSN to MustangMaulerSS Send a message via Yahoo to MustangMaulerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Agreed. It will be cool seeing a Z28 to duke it out with a GT500 and a maybe a Challenger R/T special edition. This is healthy competition that gives enthusiasts the performance they crave and the automakers bragging rights. (along with sales)
It wouldnt be a Challenger R/T special Edition IT would BE AN SRT, supposedly Dodge is working on a Challenger SRT-10 Thats suppossed to spank both of them
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #83
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recaznor View Post
I hope when you said "it flopped" you're not talking about the movie itself considerig it made the 2nd highest opening ever, potentially the first if studio estimates are off at all. I hardly call that a flop lol.
Well if you would finish reading the damn page..... and I dont mean pages 2 and 3, i mean THE REST of page 1..... you would see where I already came back to elaborate and said the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
I wasnt talking about the movie as a flop.... I was talking about Transformers 2 helping the release of a Z28.... but there was no release, the Z28 idea flopped... that is what I meant..

Now if GM is smart... then when they do release the Z28 with Transfromers 3 they will off an EXACT clone of the Bumblebee. That will help push some of those cars better than the possible 50k price tag.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #84
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011RS/SS View Post
If they do got to worry about the CAFE requirements, then most in likely it will be a blown or turbocharged version of the LS3. So far the LSA from the CTS-V is the primary choice as of right now
by that time a DI-V8 should be hitting the streets and smaller displacement will net you better power and fuel economy. so it shouldn't need FI. but it'd still be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You know, I still don't understand why we think GM should do this or even why GM should do this. Aftermarket tuners can throw some go-fast mods, superchargers, and cosmetic parts on just as easily as they can, and those tuners don't have to worry about CAFE requirements. GM should instead be focusing on building trim levels that emphasis suspension, brake, and most of all weight reduction upgrades.
oh stop being a negative nancy. finally some of us are getting positive info about a trim level that we want and you are still being negative. oh well it's what we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
Aw, give me strength! I sure hope this is just preliminary babbling rather than actual planning... A few cheesy Tennessee-gofasters, an unspecified engine, and... what? What of any possible circumstance are they going to add? No track-ready tuned suspension? No flared rear fenders to accomodate some 12-inch-wide street slicks? No dramatic ECU reprogramming, no beefier gearing, no weight-loss program? Still no ****ing navigation or ICE made with newer tech than the fifteen-year-vintage crap, saddled as it is with the wretched OnStar? No, of course not. They're going to sell you six grand worth of embroidered floormats, ten-cent badging and they'll probably stuff another fifty lead-insulated airbags and various nanny mechanisms up your ass as soon as you sit down in the car, an act for which your kindly dealer will probably charge you two grand just for the opportunity.

I'm not surprised GM's failing, and if they keep shit like this up I hope they bite it and hard. They might as well abandon the Z/28 program and just offer to paint a big number on the side of your car, put a matching beer helmet in the trunk and call it a good century.
don't jump to conclusions y don't you. typical.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro z28, 2012 z28, camaro z28, new camaro z28, new z28, z28