Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-15-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Most important PIDs to monitor when supercharged

Hey folks,

I’m considering adding a P3 gauge once my SC install is complete. Will monitoring exhaust gas temps help identify if the cats are about to burn up? I’m trying to figure out how to keep an eye on that but still install a gauge that I like aesthetically. I’d prefer not to install wideband downstream from cat if there’s another way of monitoring it. Not sure if watching the 02 sensor voltages is accurate enough. Thanks in advance for your input!
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
bill522

Drives: 2014 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
Hey folks,

I’m considering adding a P3 gauge once my SC install is complete. Will monitoring exhaust gas temps help identify if the cats are about to burn up? I’m trying to figure out how to keep an eye on that but still install a gauge that I like aesthetically. I’d prefer not to install wideband downstream from cat if there’s another way of monitoring it. Not sure if watching the 02 sensor voltages is accurate enough. Thanks in advance for your input!
Why do you still have cats ? Unless its a state requirement, I would get rid of them once you are S/C. ALSO do not get HI FLO CATS, guaranteed to burn up, personal experience. Overkill S/C for about 5 years now..522/408
bill522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Thanks for the response. You’re running some serious power. Stage 2 I’m guessing? I live in PHX where the cats are required and they use mirrors to check undercarriage. Will Overkill thought that my BBK LT headers were long enough to diffuse some heat before exhaust got to the cats but, yeah, I’m nervous. I figured I’d try it and switch to dummy cats if needed. Not sure what the best way to monitor the cats is.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #4
SSyclone

Drives: 2011 2SS Inferno Orange
I have a dual set of Aeroforce gauges in a pulsar mount. They'll monitor tons of stuff and display 4 parameters at a time or cycle through.

Check out the Banks I dash, expensive but one wild do the work of two aeroforce. Plus if you want you can buy the one that logs data to a micro SD card.

Buckets of money under hood!
SSyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #5
SSyclone

Drives: 2011 2SS Inferno Orange
Bit of a late follow up, depending on you level of performance, if your going big lose the cats. My opinion of course.

Plus on the gauges is good to be able to look at anything you may need to Temps and pressures are a must! You know things that tell you to get out of the gas just before bad things happen.

Buckets of money under hood!
SSyclone is offline   Reply With Quote