Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #43
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
What happens if the attorneys do not win the case. Are we responsible for the attorney's fees?
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #44
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
If I read the paperwork right the attorneys assume all liability and risk. Let me double check the paperwork. It says Attorney agrees to waive all fees owed unto him.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #45
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Well said ! The first two years were a constant pain in the a$$. I had to do all the leg work in getting a complete top replacement. The five other times into the dealership were just R&D for GM techs trying to fix something that could not be fix. If it wasn't for my love of the Camaro and the RJT paint I would have lemon law the car ! Luckily John Fitzpatrick at GM finally stood up and help me throught the buracratic nonsence at GM (Thanks again John!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I could really give a shit if I get any money. This is about principal. GM made us first owners do their R & D for them and then blamed the owners for all the problems with the tops and the leaks. I have it in writing from September 2011 from the Sales Manager of the dealership. All I personally want is an extended warranty on my top for another 5 years. Since I live in Minnesota, I will probably only put on 5k a year. Bumper to bumper will be up next April and I will be nowhere close to having 36K on this car. Or how bout in discovery GM has to release all the warranty claims on the tops, cars that were bought back, or how many were Lemon's. That would be info I would love to see.
If you have not been through the ringer like myself, Tramtoo, Nutbuttt, and others at the beginning, your tune may ring a little different.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #46
95birdible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Well said ! The first two years were a constant pain in the a$$. I had to do all the leg work in getting a complete top replacement. The five other times into the dealership were just R&D for GM techs trying to fix something that could not be fix. If it wasn't for my love of the Camaro and the RJT paint I would have lemon law the car ! Luckily John Fitzpatrick at GM finally stood up and help me throught the buracratic nonsence at GM (Thanks again John!)
And I have to give a shout out to Jack Pantaleo also. Once I emailed him (he asked how I got it ) the ball got rolling and he personally approved my buyback. It was hell to go through but us first on the front lines went to bat for everyone else. Hence the reason we are now seeing so few problems with the 13 and 14 model years. Your Welcome!
"Green Flash"
Old 06-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #47
95birdible

Well since the Mod's won't answer my question whether I can post the attorney info and Tran never got back to the private message I sent, here is the attorneys info on the class action suit.
rdalton746@aol.com
krd@ducklawfirm.com

And Mod's please note I did not include any info pertaining to their business.
"Green Flash"
Old 06-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #48
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
And I have to give a shout out to Jack Pantaleo also. Once I emailed him (he asked how I got it ) the ball got rolling and he personally approved my buyback. It was hell to go through but us first on the front lines went to bat for everyone else. Hence the reason we are now seeing so few problems with the 13 and 14 model years. Your Welcome!
You early people are the ones that also made it easier for us later people with issues to get them addressed with much less fighting. I for on appreciate that, since I am happy with my car and top I don't feel its right for me to ask for money through a lawsuit. That is what my warranty was for and they came through and even gave me an extended warranty.
One of the problems with class action lawsuits is people pile on to it that really didn't have a issue or it was quickly handled and that reduces the amount of award that the people that suffered the most really deserve.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #49
95birdible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You early people are the ones that also made it easier for us later people with issues to get them addressed with much less fighting. I for on appreciate that, since I am happy with my car and top I don't feel its right for me to ask for money through a lawsuit. That is what my warranty was for and they came through and even gave me an extended warranty.
One of the problems with class action lawsuits is people pile on to it that really didn't have a issue or it was quickly handled and that reduces the amount of award that the people that suffered the most really deserve.

Totally agree. If GM would of stepped up at the beginning during my first car BS and not blamed me for the problems, I probably would still have it. But 101 days out for service from 8/4/11 thru March 12 was too much for me. You see, I am not out for money in this suit, all I would like is an extended warranty on my 2012 or retrofit the 2014 top on my car at no charge. Not much to ask is it? I am sure it would cost GM much less to retrofit the 11 and 12's than pay out millions in a suit. Plus, what happens when they have to release their warranty claims, buyback, and Lemon Law numbers in discovery?
"Green Flash"
Old 06-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Totally agree. If GM would of stepped up at the beginning during my first car BS and not blamed me for the problems, I probably would still have it. But 101 days out for service from 8/4/11 thru March 12 was too much for me. You see, I am not out for money in this suit, all I would like is an extended warranty on my 2012 or retrofit the 2014 top on my car at no charge. Not much to ask is it? I am sure it would cost GM much less to retrofit the 11 and 12's than pay out millions in a suit. Plus, what happens when they have to release their warranty claims, buyback, and Lemon Law numbers in discovery?
I fully understand what you are going for, I was referring to those that when they hear of a class action lawsuit they want to jump on the gravy train even if they have no real reason to join...
Old 06-23-2014, 02:40 AM   #51
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
So far so good for my 2013 convertible. Had I researched more prior to buying, I likely may have skipped a convertible purchase given all the problems people have had. GM should be embarrased about it.

I will definitely get the full three years as I don't put a lot of miles on it.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
So far so good for my 2013 convertible. Had I researched more prior to buying, I likely may have skipped a convertible purchase given all the problems people have had. GM should be embarrased about it.

As far as I know 13's should be good.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #53
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post

Me too now, I probably wouldn't have bought my 2011. But, it has served us well for 37 months now - and since it's a garage queen due to our lifestyle (< 1k /year), I'm not expecting many or any issues.

Nothing else looks as amazing as this car. My wife and I took it to the museum this weekend and it still looks unique and turns heads, if I might say so myself. So there's no alternative, not even a new 'vette or Z/28, because that would be too over the top. Not to mention the $50k it would cost to upgrade.

So buying our 2011 IOM/IO vert turned out to be a great decision after all. Dave A, I think you'll be even better off since yours is a 2014. Good luck!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 AM   #54
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Hello everyone. Well, I picked up my car last Thursday. The top looks good but now has a small rattle. I am not to put the top down for two weeks. Does that sound normal to you? It cost me $500 and GM is jerking me around about any further coverage othe than the standard one year warranty. I'm leery about the class action suit because I don't think it will end the way we hope it will. I guess I have to continue to escalate. Any suggestions on who I can conact there? This is starting to really suck.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #55
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
Hello everyone. Well, I picked up my car last Thursday. The top looks good but now has a small rattle. I am not to put the top down for two weeks. Does that sound normal to you? It cost me $500 and GM is jerking me around about any further coverage othe than the standard one year warranty. I'm leery about the class action suit because I don't think it will end the way we hope it will. I guess I have to continue to escalate. Any suggestions on who I can conact there? This is starting to really suck.
Why did it cost $500? Are you out of warranty? And it shouldn't rattle. I was never told not to put mine down for two weeks, but I was told to not expect it to go all the way down untill the top material has had time to stretch and settle, which it finally did.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #56
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
When mine was done I was told not to put it down for 2 weeks also.