Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
My Baby is home! 2SS/RS Black w/IOM

Ok, she's home! What a whirlwind trip too! We flew to Sunnyvale Chevrolet on Saturday (Sunnyvale, CA), picked up the car, drove 90 miles further north to visit family.

Loving this baby! Handles great! The sound is quiet, but it's there! We visited family, then drove home this morning - total of 820 miles already on her!

We took the CA coast down to San Diego most of the way. I played here and there with speed, shifting, and everything inside Yes, broke 100 mph and got her to around 4800 RPM.

Inside the car are the uninstalled painted GFX, so it was a little tight in there

I think she handled great, sounds wonderful, and just LOVE the looks if it! I can't look at her enough! I love the curves of the hood and the bulge in the center. I love the curves of the body and the wide fenders!

2 minor mishaps on the way home, but no real damage. We hit a pothole on one of the smaller roads that neither of us saw and it sounded like it cracked the right front wheel. I pulled over and check, and thank God all was fine. Then, on the highway, when it was dark, we hit some thing on the road and it went under the right front wheel and made a small scratch in the lower passenger door paint Oh well... a stripe just might go over that spot.

I love the ABL in the doors, except it doesn't run the full length of the door, and is not bright enough when the dash is kept low. Played with the radio, OnStar navigation, and plugged in my girlfriend's IPOD and it worked great the first shot!!

She really could use Memory settings for the drivers seat and a fully electric passenger seat. We averaged about 23.3 mpg on the highway and averaged 65.3 mph 2 1/2 tanks of gas...all 91 octane.

I'm loving this baby!!

Tomorrow she gets a FULL Zaino detail, then her oil changed. On Tuesday I bring her to a local dealer for the GFX installation.

Wednesday she goes to Zoomers for the CAT back exhaust install.

Friday is the ADM CAI install, then probably the Viper alarm install.

More to come...

EDIT:

We spotted NO less than 8 '10 Camaro's on the way home yesterday! Most were going North, and many on the Pacific Coast Highway. I got some waves, smiles, and one sour face. Maybe he was having a bad day

Anyway, I have hood spears and door stripes in orange from RiderGrapfix that will hopefully go on this week.

Thanks all! More pics to come...
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;

Last edited by Michael_Js; 09-07-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Ammo7
I GOT HER

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Ok, she's home! What a whirlwind trip too! We flew to Sunnyvale Chevrolet on Saturday (Sunnyvale, CA), picked up the car, drove 90 miles further north to visit family.

Loving this baby! Handles great! The sound is quiet, but it's there! We visited family, then drove home this morning - total of 820 miles already on her!

We took the CA coast down to San Diego most of the way. I played here and there with speed, shifting, and everything inside Yes, broke 100 mph and got her to around 4800 RPM.

Inside the car are the uninstalled painted GFX, so it was a little tight in there

I think she handled great, sounds wonderful, and just LOVE the looks if it! I can't look at her enough! I love the curves of the hood and the bulge in the center. I love the curves of the body and the wide fenders!

2 minor mishaps on the way home, but no real damage. We hit a pothole on one of the smaller roads that neither of us saw and it sounded like it cracked the right front wheel. I pulled over and check, and thank God all was fine. Then, on the highway, when it was dark, we hit some thing on the road and it went under the right front wheel and made a small scratch in the lower passenger door paint Oh well... a stripe just might go over that spot.

I love the ABL in the doors, except it doesn't run the full length of the door, and is not bright enough when the dash is kept low. Played with the radio, OnStar navigation, and plugged in my girlfriend's IPOD and it worked great the first shot!!

She really could use Memory settings for the drivers seat and a fully electric passenger seat. We averaged about 23.3 mpg on the highway and averaged 65.3 mph 2 1/2 tanks of gas...all 91 octane.

I'm loving this baby!!

Tomorrow she gets a FULL Zaino detail, then her oil changed. On Tuesday I bring her to a local dealer for the GFX installation.

More to come...
Awesome congrats
2000, Order accepted by GM0-8/11/09
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/12/2009 TPW 09/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 08/25/09
3800, Order produced 09/12/09 2G1FK1EJ6A9145958
4200, shipped 09/14/09
5000 vehicle at dealer 09/28/09
6000 vehicle delivered to customer 09/28/09
Ammo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Very Very Very nice!!
I love the pic with the sunset in the rearview mirror.
I can't wait to see your car.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS

congrats

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Gosh....just gorgeous....

...now go toss some IOM stripes on that bad boy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

EDIT: There IS a fix for your door ABL AND for adding dash ORANGE ABL! Check out the threads in the Do It Yourself thread. VERY well documented procedure. When I get my ABL in from GM, I'm going to be tearing apart mine to get it completed.....the RIGHT way.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Ground Effects Added - 09/08/09

A local dealer did a great job adding the painted Ground Effects Package today! I took home the 3 spare parts.

Tacoma 4x4 is my Sweetheart's ride

Tomorrow is the CAT back Zoomers Exhaust
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
Looks great! Congrats!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Zoomers CAT back Exhaust - 09/09/09

Ok, shot up to Irvine today to get my Zoomers CAT back exhaust installed. I got their quite early, and Frank (?) and Ron accommodated me and started on the exhaust, while the car cooled. They did a great job!

They have many Camaro stock exhausts sitting around their place.

They did a professional job and it looks great, and sounds even better! The growl is wonderful! I don't know about any performance improvements, but the added sound made the car feel so much better! I really like this exhaust and highly recommend it and these guys!

They blacked out the tips, and tucked them back so they kind of disappear into the ground effects.

There are additional pops and now gurgles when letting off the gas, more than the stock exhaust. They said it has no affect on the engine, and I kind of like the sounds. I'm not sure if it's a drone, but there is a loud cabin sound when you're slightly accelerating around 80 mph; it's not bad, but is noticeable. Other than that, it's got a great tone!

Drop Ron a line!

I'm not sure how to put comments in between pictures:
1) There are many more stock Camaro exhausts around.
2) Back shot before
3) Underneath shot, before
4) Blackened tips
5) Back shot after
6) Underneath shot after
7) Another under shot.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Another toy?

While I was waiting, the shop next door pulled this up on a car trailer:

Name:  DSC_4011.jpg
Views: 4065
Size:  94.9 KB

Very cool!

Name:  DSC_4012.jpg
Views: 4076
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  DSC_4016.jpg
Views: 3982
Size:  110.2 KB

Ok, I think I figured out how to place the text in-between
Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Blacked out Bow-ties - 09/09/09

Ok, blacked out the rear bowtie:

before:
Name:  DSC_4026.jpg
Views: 4034
Size:  86.1 KB

After:

Name:  DSC_4027.jpg
Views: 3989
Size:  78.5 KB

Front bowtie:

before:

Name:  DSC_4028.jpg
Views: 3989
Size:  112.6 KB

After:

Name:  DSC_4029.jpg
Views: 3990
Size:  126.1 KB

Friday, someone is installing the RiderGraphix front orange hood spears. I don't trust myself

Also, the alarm system is getting installed
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
ibznu2010

Drives: 2010 blk 2SS RS polished wheel
Sweet ride my friend. Have same color. Blk out tail lights & fog lights. CAI from hennesey. L-99 put down 10 feet of black rubber tonight getting it on with 4000 miles.
ibznu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #12
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibznu2010 View Post
Sweet ride my friend. Have same color. Blk out tail lights & fog lights. CAI from hennesey. L-99 put down 10 feet of black rubber tonight getting it on with 4000 miles.
Yes, blacking out the tail & fog lights is on my list. I have the ADM CAI to install this weekend

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
Worth the wait eH????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post

I'm loving this baby!!

More to come...

EDIT:

We spotted NO less than 8 '10 Camaro's on the way home yesterday! Most were going North, and many on the Pacific Coast Highway. I got some waves, smiles, and one sour face. Maybe he was having a bad day

Anyway, I have hood spears and door stripes in orange from RiderGrapfix that will hopefully go on this week.

Thanks all! More pics to come...
Awesome pics...so happy for you ..you are going to continue to be amazed.....
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
One of those factory exhausts sitting around is mine hehe. I got Zoomer's done on mine last week. Ron does good work and the improvement in sound is amazing. I also noticed more pops and gurgles but it sounds kinda cool; definitely says "power lives here". After driving it a week the exhaust tone has smoothed out a bit and sounds just great. Sounds like an expensive, high performance engine.

I noticed the car seemed to have a bit more torque and pickup right away when I pulled out of the lot. Getting it up in the revs like going from 3rd to 4th when jumping on the freeway it sounds wonderful. There was more resonance the first day when I got it and I noticed it on the freeway going home. Between 1800 rpm and 2200 rpm when I was in 6th gear and pushing on the gas to accelerate it was the loudest. That's not as bad now. After a week it seems to be "wearing in" I guess and the drone isn't as pronounced. Going along at 70 on the freeway in 6th it just purrs. Around town people are constantly looking around to see what sounds so great; as if the car doesn't get attention enough as it is hehehe. It's not loud; it just sounds fantastic.

For those who haven't heard it, the Zoomers sound like a Borla; has that growl effect, but with a bit more treble... the tone isn't quite as "soft". When you rev it the Zoomer sounds like an expensive race car; not harsh or ratty.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote