Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #15
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Now THAT'S the solution to that darn blend door issue!
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:36 PM   #16
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I removed entire dash, nothing but a steel bar. Onstar out, had to solder two wires together, mylink out as well. Heater core our and cut metal shield wall out as well on pass side where filter/hvac inlet was. Riveted a steel plate in the big hole of dash and the A/C inlets. A/C totally out as well, with a full welded in rear cage 1.75 tube car is at 3450lbs full tank. All stock driveline. There is more left in her to take out but we live and learn together lol. I went from 225lbs to 180 as well last three years and all tx to my 1LE motivating me...... yeah lol.... once the gutting starts it dont stop.

Now warning on mylink and hvac module. On my 13 if i disconnect battery car goes into theft mode. I hAve to plug mylink/radio in and the small hvac module. Once car runs I unplug and car is fine until next battery reset.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:21 AM   #17
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Did you read the thread in the Z28 section from the guy in the UK? He shaved a few lbs by doing lightning holes to front an rear crash bars.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...457968&page=20
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.

Last edited by olblue75; 01-26-2020 at 08:33 AM.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #18
Mgizzle

My front bumper is cut for more airflow as well as shortened and swiss cheesed. Rear is cut at bottom, the antidive piece, as well. I still need to cut spare tire hole in trunk, 20lbs but need to figure out battery location. I even cut 4-5 feet of battery cable in current location.

Driveline, headers and suspension/wheels is where I have a lot of mass left, its all oem now (z/28). Windows I am looking at as well but little by little lol. If I hit 3350 full tank I will be happy....... lol for now.0
Old 01-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #19
MaverickLS7

Drives: 2015 1LE
Updated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I removed entire dash, nothing but a steel bar. Onstar out, had to solder two wires together, mylink out as well. Heater core our and cut metal shield wall out as well on pass side where filter/hvac inlet was. Riveted a steel plate in the big hole of dash and the A/C inlets. A/C totally out as well, with a full welded in rear cage 1.75 tube car is at 3450lbs full tank. All stock driveline. There is more left in her to take out but we live and learn together lol. I went from 225lbs to 180 as well last three years and all tx to my 1LE motivating me...... yeah lol.... once the gutting starts it dont stop.

Now warning on mylink and hvac module. On my 13 if i disconnect battery car goes into theft mode. I hAve to plug mylink/radio in and the small hvac module. Once car runs I unplug and car is fine until next battery reset.
Yeah I need to remove the windshield to finish getting all this ac/heater core crap out.

Is theft mode due to removing mylink or because the onstar removal/mod? I don't mind keeping onstar crap in the dash but I want mylink gone. What you think is the best way of avoiding that theft mode?

You have a build thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Did you read the thread in the Z28 section from the guy in the UK? He shaved a few lbs by doing lightning holes to front an rear crash bars.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...457968&page=20
I straight up deleted them entirely. I'll check his build out, thanks!

Quote:
My front bumper is cut for more airflow as well as shortened and swiss cheesed. Rear is cut at bottom, the antidive piece, as well. I still need to cut spare tire hole in trunk, 20lbs but need to figure out battery location. I even cut 4-5 feet of battery cable in current location.

Driveline, headers and suspension/wheels is where I have a lot of mass left, its all oem now (z/28). Windows I am looking at as well but little by little lol. If I hit 3350 full tank I will be happy....... lol for now.0
I'm thinking of removing all the spot welds in the backseat brace and pull it all out, it's all just tacked in there. Think I'll keep my battery area untouched. Also for now keeping the OE rotational mass and see how it goes with just dropped dead mass.
MaverickLS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #20
Mgizzle

I dont have a build thread sorry. Onstar is no problem, one wire. I ll take pic later. Theft deterrant is not mylink based, its HVaC based sorry. The faceplate for hvac and hvac module have to be plugged in after battery reset, than you can take it all out. Thats what I do, the remove it all for mass savings later. Last time I had to do it was two years ago.

I also cut our rear lower seat brace that goes across B pillars but I have a welded cage so didnt loose stiffness there. If i didnt have cage I wouldnt remove it.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:59 PM   #21
MaverickLS7

Quote:
I dont have a build thread sorry. Onstar is no problem, one wire. I ll take pic later. Theft deterrant is not mylink based, its HVaC based sorry. The faceplate for hvac and hvac module have to be plugged in after battery reset, than you can take it all out. Thats what I do, the remove it all for mass savings later. Last time I had to do it was two years ago.

I also cut our rear lower seat brace that goes across B pillars but I have a welded cage so didnt loose stiffness there. If i didnt have cage I wouldnt remove it.
Gotcha, yes please do, I'd appreciate it! I take it the wires/mod you did are for the fuel pump?

Looks like I can delete VATS with my HPTuners. I'll see how that does when the cage is done and ready to start the car. Hopefully that will take care of it.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:17 PM   #22
Mgizzle

Correct. Two brown wires, one solid brown and one brown with a black stripe. Two white connectors go into onstar module, cut these and solder them together now so they bypass module. Enjoy the mass savings lol.

I also took pics of the brown hvac module connector and the white faceplate I need to hook up after battery resets. Finally added pic of my plate for the hvac module on the firewall.

Keep on guttin' and welcome any more ideas that dont involve money lol!
Attached Images

Last edited by Mgizzle; 01-26-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:43 PM   #23
MaverickLS7

Awesome, thank you!
Old 01-26-2020, 10:05 PM   #24
Mgizzle

You are welcomed.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:44 AM   #25
olblue75

So thinking of doing a rear seat delete, is the bar that holds the female side of the seats structural on the SS/1LE like in the Z28?

If so a lighter chrome moly bar could be made to save some weight.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #26
MaverickLS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
So thinking of doing a rear seat delete, is the bar that holds the female side of the seats structural on the SS/1LE like in the Z28?

If so a lighter chrome moly bar could be made to save some weight.
My understanding of it is, yes it is. It’s like having a rear strut tower brace. Replace it like you mentioned or go roll cage and delete all of it back there.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #27
MaverickLS7

Quote:
You are welcomed.
Did you mod the dash bar any for some savings?
Old 01-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #28
olblue75

Rear Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickLS7 View Post
My understanding of it is, yes it is. It’s like having a rear strut tower brace. Replace it like you mentioned or go roll cage and delete all of it back there.
I would like to go half cage in the rear but not sure I’m ready for that just yet. I would eventually like to hand the car down to my granddaughter in about 13 years provided it makes it that far.