Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-12-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
JrodCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Sporadic p0300

I've been throwing a P0300 randomly for the last 2 weeks, which seems to be getting more often. No rhyme or reason to the time of day. Only started once it got colder outside.

First started when warming up in the mornings, now has progressed to after driving 10-15 minutes. Only happens every couple days. After turning the car off for 30 seconds - 1 minute it starts fine and doesn't have anymore issues.

I changed plugs last night, all were dry, none overly dirty, issue proceeded to occur this afternoon. Headers and plug wires are all wrapped with no signs of damage.

Mods done 8 months ago: Cam, UDP, new tr55 plugs, new plug wires, new oil pump, long tube headers/no cats, vararam air intake, new pushrods, .660 beehive springs, trunnion upgrades.

This has been daily driven, no issues until this. 2010 Camaro SS LS3.

Ideas? I'm hoping simple as o2 sensors. Research so far is suggesting cam sensor, crank sensor, injectors, vacuum leak. But it doesn't happen every day, or even at the same time of day, and always goes away after letting the car sit for a short time.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
JrodCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Update: After some research, I swapped the battery hearing that was a common problem in systems displaying the stabilitrak message. It had been wet, with a minut amount of standing water from an exploded gallon jug that had froze and melted. Post battery replacement, I started receiving P2135 TPS code. I ordered a 90mm ported from Jeannetty to replace the stock unit after reading the entire unit would need to be replaced. Hopefully this arrives Tuesday as scheduled.