Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Best Nitrous Kit Available

For the summer I'm getting a nitrous kit.

Does anyone know the best and safest brand? I'm looking at Zex currently.

Thinking of running 150shot and getting it retuned. Want to see what dyno numbers I'll get out of it i'm hoping 400rwhp or around there.

Also stripping the car for more weight reduction
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Safe is tune dependent. On a 150 shot I think you'll need a ZL1 tank pump.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #3
ramil13

Most likely,

but after watching all these nitrous backfire videos I'm getting a bit scared
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Nitrous is cheap horsepower, but it's still horsepower, which takes fuel and air. Just like with boost, with a good tune if you have the fuel to support it it's fine.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Why not just get a stand alone fuel tank? I’m a nitrous outlet supporter and what I run
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #6
ramil13

And what will that do? I'm pretty sure it wont prevent nitrous from building up in the manifold and it blowing up.

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #7
DSX_Camaro

While I'm not a nitrous expert, I think there's a lot more going on than that in any given scenario. I don't think it would be the nitrous that would build up in the manifold, I'd think it would be the fuel based on density, and for an explosion you'd probably need a lean condition and for something to let go. Blah blah blah list goes on.

Basically I stand by what I said before, safe is tune dependent. If you have the fuel, you're fine. Lots of guys run nitrous on boost, where effects compound fast. We're talking an N/A V6. You can "what if" any scenario, but you still get out of bed every morning. Don't let horror stories slow you down.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:12 PM   #8
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
I agree
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:50 AM   #9
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Nitrous explosions from nos build up in the manifold can be avoided by getting a wot switch and window switch. Most explosions are from operator error.... hitting the button at the wrong time, or having the nos on in the burn out box. I've had nos on multiple vehicles and been using it for many many years. Never any problems.... it's all in the set up and tune!
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:30 AM   #10
ramil13

I don't know I heard if it's a really hot day or engine is too hot and it leans a bit the engine will blow. And the last thing I want is picking pieces from my manifold up or even worse the block

340rwhp Dyno

Last edited by ramil13; 01-06-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #11
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Nitrous explosions from nos build up in the manifold can be avoided by getting a wot switch and window switch. Most explosions are from operator error.... hitting the button at the wrong time, or having the nos on in the burn out box. I've had nos on multiple vehicles and been using it for many many years. Never any problems.... it's all in the set up and tune!
Do you know where I can get these switches as a kit or can it be added to any nitrous kit?

I know a pro tuner I just don't want to take any risks that's why

340rwhp Dyno

Old 01-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
Roader

Drives: Camaro
I run a nos mini controller and a lnc2000 to take care of everything
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #13
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
Do you know where I can get these switches as a kit or can it be added to any nitrous kit?

I know a pro tuner I just don't want to take any risks that's why
Www.inductionsolutions.com

Call them, tell them your goal... they will set you up. They have excellent customer service....
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #14
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Www.inductionsolutions.com

Call them, tell them your goal... they will set you up. They have excellent customer service....
So what you're saying is... these guys will give me a setup that will AVOID the known issue where nitrous pools up in the manifold and causes an explosion?

340rwhp Dyno