Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #29
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
It all comes down to stupidity. Sure, these are "summer tires" but I drove on mine all last winter, and had no problems - didn't slide around at all. Why? Because I was aware of the conditions and adjusted my driving habits accordingly. There's nothing wrong with our tires, it's the way that utilize them.

Maybe I feel this way since I grew up in CT so driving in snow was not a rare thing for me and it's different for people who grew up down here, but it all just comes down to common sense.

Understand how I say this brother.......Maybe you feel there is "nothing wrong" with the tires, but they are not supposed to be used in cold temps...plain, simple, period.....then you add speed and/or alcohol and you have a big mess..... common sense goes out the window when you use a product which is simply not designed for the conditions you are using them in ie., do not use them under 45 degrees....that is of course outside of the fact that alcohol may or may not have been a factor....
Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #30
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Speaking of tires I notice my tire pressure drops quite a bit when it gets cold......
And rises back up once I get driving as expected......
But I wonder how many realize when they first take off how low their tire pressure may be......

Also when the temp drops you gain quite a bump in HP from the cold air......
But for all of that it could be that a animal ran out in the road.......

The main thing is thoughts and prayers for the family......
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #31
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Sorry bud, unfortunately the cold affects things like tire pressure and power not because of a government conspiracy but science. Cold means more dense molecules, meaning less pressure exerted. It also means more oxygen burned while running. Good ol' science!

Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #32
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
3:56 PM ET, 12/17/2012

Police identify men killed in Route 1 crash
By Matt Zapotosky

Police have identified the two people killed in a fiery, head-on collision on Route 1 in the Beltsville area last week as Donte Pindell, 31, of Forestville, and Stephan White, 31, of District Heights, authorities said.

Pindell and White were traveling together on Route 1 near Powder Mill Road in a Chevrolet Camaro when their car veered across the double yellow lines and into a tow truck headed the opposite way, police said. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene, and the tow truck driver was taken to the hospital with injuries not thought to be life threatening, police said.

The crash occurred just after 1:30 a.m. Friday.

Police said Pindell was driving the Camaro. It remains unclear why he veered into oncoming traffic.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #33
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
I saw this today. Both were in their early 30's and probably had children too.
Still sad to see this :(
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #34
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
It all comes down to stupidity. Sure, these are "summer tires" but I drove on mine all last winter, and had no problems - didn't slide around at all. Why? Because I was aware of the conditions and adjusted my driving habits accordingly. There's nothing wrong with our tires, it's the way that utilize them.

Maybe I feel this way since I grew up in CT so driving in snow was not a rare thing for me and it's different for people who grew up down here, but it all just comes down to common sense.
Well that and it snowed what, twice last year? nothing that wasn't gone in a day.
alanhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
Jwnevin

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 2LT
Ah man that sucks, sorry to hear that.
Jwnevin is offline   Reply With Quote