Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #1
one~Bad~SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Ebay ZL1 front bumper conversion

Does anyone have any experience in the ebay ZL1 front bumper kits? I know for a fact that Duraflex is crap but are other aftermarket bumpers the same or have people had success with other aftermarket ones? If so which ones, thanks.
one~Bad~SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
Backtoblack1LE

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
Ahh I too like to live life dangerously. I'll put it to you this way,without seeing the bumber in person and testing it in person. Assume you'll spend 2x it's cost to make it fit nicely. That way when you spend 2x it's cost it won't hurt as much, and who knows if it fits you'll save money! They are a crap shoot on eBay.
Backtoblack1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
one~Bad~SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backtoblack1LE View Post
Ahh I too like to live life dangerously. I'll put it to you this way,without seeing the bumber in person and testing it in person. Assume you'll spend 2x it's cost to make it fit nicely. That way when you spend 2x it's cost it won't hurt as much, and who knows if it fits you'll save money! They are a crap shoot on eBay.
Thought so, just wanted to make sure before I buy OEM when I could buy aftermarket and save some dough. Thanks for the input!
one~Bad~SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I had an issue with a polyurethane front bumper that was way more trouble than it was worth.

It was Rideskinz Aggressor 2 which looks absolutely nasty, but NOT worth the trouble.

So... the bumper itself was pretty cheap since it was made with cheap material, but it just isn't worth the cheap material and ended up costing me almost the same as a OEM ZL1 front fascia.

So... in other words, you pay what you get for. You're gonna get a cheap POS front bumper that doesn't mold and fit correctly.

Buy from Gen5DIY or Gary's Customs
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I had an issue with a polyurethane front bumper that was way more trouble than it was worth.

It was Rideskinz Aggressor 2 which looks absolutely nasty, but NOT worth the trouble.

So... the bumper itself was pretty cheap since it was made with cheap material, but it just isn't worth the cheap material and ended up costing me almost the same as a OEM ZL1 front fascia.

So... in other words, you pay what you get for. You're gonna get a cheap POS front bumper that doesn't mold and fit correctly.

Buy from Gen5DIY or Gary's Customs
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Ditto.. I have Garys (painted ahead of time by him) and it fit 100%. No issues at all...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote