Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #15
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Any picture of a good one (way it supposed to be)
And a bad one?
Tx

I think my front is not good
Didn't check the back yet
Got a 2017 (TPW 4/10) A10
My 1st thought was to take a picture, but the dealer was sitting in the car with me and I didn't want to possible spark a bad relationship with him. I pointed it out to him though, and if it was a car I was about to purchase it would've been a different story.
Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The headliner frayed edges showing has been a intermittent gen6 issue. The blackened windshield perimeter is supposed to mask it but doesn't always.

I could see it on my 16 2SS on very sunny days but only from certain angles. I really only noticed it twice but just had the dealer replace it when it was in for the A8 torque converter. They pull the windshield so weigh the significance. I've heard this from others also

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:25 PM   #17
curtislowerussell

Drives: 2016 Black 2 SS/ 2017 ZL1 Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBoy18 View Post
How did you pull this off...tell us your powers?!?!
Well, I am a very good customer and I didn't want my windshield taken out. They agreed they would need to re-tint the windshield to match what I had done. Clear carbon ceramic heat shield. All in all it would have cost about 3,000 dollars. I had it done no windshield for right at $800. and it looks great. The guy wrapped so there are none of the cut edges. If your near Vegas his shop is Ian's auto upholster.
curtislowerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #18
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtislowerussell View Post
Well, I am a very good customer and I didn't want my windshield taken out. They agreed they would need to re-tint the windshield to match what I had done. Clear carbon ceramic heat shield. All in all it would have cost about 3,000 dollars. I had it done no windshield for right at $800. and it looks great. The guy wrapped so there are none of the cut edges. If your near Vegas his shop is Ian's auto upholster.
I still don’t understand how you got the dealership to cut a check to someone else!
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:11 AM   #19
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
A local dealer here has a windshield pro do all their work. Customers get better quality & service, dealer has to eat a lot less broken glass. Makes perfect sense.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote