Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Which fest was your favorite and which was your least?¿?

I did not go to the first fest. So I liked (in order)

1.Phx
2. Tex
3. Indy

Phoenix for the trip there (nothing cooler the 80+ camaros for 1,000 miles), vendor alley, hotel and surrounding area and the first Texas bar. also, was my first fest so I may be bias.

Texas for how close it was , best 1/4 mile run event so far, weather, but did not like the hotels spread out. Houston club did a great job setting it up, things were organized and heard very few complaints.

Indy was the worst drive there and back, loved the hotel and the Texas Bar was crazy fun and met a lot of new people! Only went to Indy he first time, cannot comment on the second Fesr there.

So, there is my quick recap....
Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
I don't think anything can or will ever compare to the first fest, but I also realize that many people didn't/couldn't make that one.

That one was...simply put....amazing. Maybe it's because none of us really knew what to expect (moderators included...so I know that was most stressful). And everything was new and fresh, and we were really making an effort to meet new people from across the country and across the forum.

And "ratio" wise I will always say it was the biggest, even though it technically wasn't. There was less than one year of production for the 5th gen Camaro, and there were over 400 cars (some estimates say 500+)!!! That's AMAZING.

So for me, I don't think another fest will ever compare. This last one, I found myself hanging out with pretty much the same people from my area, that I see all the time. Sure, I reconnected with a few people I know from other areas, I met a few new folks, but didn't really make a lot of effort to meet new people, and didn't really see others doing this either--I saw groups hanging out together.

My least favorite would have to be AZ--cause there was no way I could make that trip
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
1 - Phoenix - My first Fest and the drive to and from did NOT feel like it was 1200+ miles. I did the road course there (which was amazing), and got to give my uncle a tour of the Fest while I was there (who now owns a 2014 SS).
2 - Texas - The proximity was nice, but I don't really care about the drive distance. I enjoyed this one because it was the first time I brought along a girlfriend, and she had fun so I had fun, even if I did feel like crap for the majority of it
3 - Indy (first time) - The drive to and from was pretty brutal, but overall I did enjoy this Fest. Plus, visiting the National Corvette Museum on the way there was pretty cool. But, Texas beats it out purely because of proximity and companionship

I did not attend the first fest (Couldn't get the time off from work ) and did not attend the second fest at Indy (because let's face it, that drive was brutal and would have been even worse with as few people from my area were going to go, and I was not going to fly there by myself...flying to a Fest seems like sacrilege )

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
First INDY
Second Indy
Last Texas

Last edited by skipinminn; 09-09-2014 at 10:17 PM.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
first indy and then phoenix. the only two I've been to. neither was bad. Both were great in their own way!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
First fest for me, like mentioned, it was quite unique in many different ways. No one will ever forget the cruise at the first fest.

Second would be Texas for different reasons. The wife was more involved, raced the car and had a blast. With her having more fun, made it more fun for me and us together.

Indy, because it was in my backyard. You are drag racing on the most well known dragstrip.

There is no "least" one. I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. They are all very special and unique in there own way. All have great memories, and meeting new camaro crazies is always fun.

Last edited by hrpiii; 05-08-2014 at 02:23 PM.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I've been to the last 3. 1st Indy because it was my 1st. Texas next, 2nd Indy 3rd because been there done that sort of thing.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
I don't think anything can or will ever compare to the first fest, but I also realize that many people didn't/couldn't make that one.

That one was...simply put....amazing. Maybe it's because none of us really knew what to expect (moderators included...so I know that was most stressful). And everything was new and fresh, and we were really making an effort to meet new people from across the country and across the forum.

And "ratio" wise I will always say it was the biggest, even though it technically wasn't. There was less than one year of production for the 5th gen Camaro, and there were over 400 cars (some estimates say 500+)!!! That's AMAZING.

So for me, I don't think another fest will ever compare.
I couldn't agree more, the first fest hands down wins the number one spot for me.

Second has to be Texas and third would be the second Indy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post

So for me, I don't think another fest will ever compare. This last one, I found myself hanging out with pretty much the same people from my area, that I see all the time. Sure, I reconnected with a few people I know from other areas, I met a few new folks, but didn't really make a lot of effort to meet new people, and didn't really see others doing this either--I saw groups hanging out together.

My least favorite would have to be AZ--cause there was no way I could make that trip
+1
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Valdosta Ga Hands Down !
So few new Camaros around.
Exciting time when these cars were few and far between.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
The first one was my favorite, couldnt attend the rest since they were so damn far away.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #12
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
2nd Indy fest. Worked the autocross with a great group of people. It was a very fun time
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #13
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Phoenix, despite car problems... The drive there was amazing, meeting so many Forum friends face to face for the first time... The drive home... I've never so laughed so hard or so long as that Fest... All the folks that came together to help me get my car back on the road... Etc...

Texas, close, even though I was only there for day and that was without my car...

First Indy... Like the Phoenix Fest, the Camarovan up there in spite of the abysmal road conditions...

Second Indy... Great ride up there with a good friend... Familiar with the set up...

I was scheduled to be at Valdosta but my work schedule changed and so had to Cancel...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #14
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
All of them...

I always leave with unforgettable memories and nothing can compete with that...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote