Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #15
Jc_SourPatch

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro RS
Any update on these cams
Jc_SourPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #16
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
i DGAF what anyone thinks parts are parts in my eyes
i like the thought of mace cams 70-30whp is pretty much all i want to chase after anyways. this car feels like an amazing sports class cross country GT car with the v6 in it. those cams i feel would be a nice improvement. id hate to be that guy<------ but after looking at cost NA is a nicer way to go.

if i was to do power mods i would just do a big bore LFX bore out the cylinders bigger pistons , injectors, exhaust, tune ect ect ehhh i can dream
Comments like this kinda highlight the general misinformation. The injectors are basically never maxed out. The cylinders have to be sleeved to be bored to any reasonable amount. Exhaust does little to nothing.

The MACE Cams exist. If you inquire, you can probably buy a set. They're like $900 for us. Install and tuning is the issue.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Comments like this kinda highlight the general misinformation. The injectors are basically never maxed out. The cylinders have to be sleeved to be bored to any reasonable amount. Exhaust does little to nothing.

The MACE Cams exist. If you inquire, you can probably buy a set. They're like $900 for us. Install and tuning is the issue.

What is the issue with install and tuning if you dont mind me asking. Im about to go thru that whole process rebuilding everything with Mace
Old 10-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #18
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
To my knowledge, now there are multiple people with MACE cams. Install for 4 cams vs the performance gain is what I was talking about - typical gains were only like 30whp I think which would be expensive for having to tear the heads apart. With your 2010 LLT you won't have the issue the 2012+ LFX's have with the exhaust manifold being integrated into the head and the exhaust gases getting sucked back into an adjacent cylinder due to the cam overlap. If you have headers you're golden. I still don't know what the tuning support for the LLT is because other than say Overkill with his remote tuning, I don't think any one company is "great" at tuning the LLT. You might get lucky with a forum member that has a MACE cam LLT though, a couple guys do their own stuff. MagnumForceGB comes to mind, he's done a ton.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #19
gpostle9c1

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Perfoemance E
Hey, guys, I'm a fellow LFX owner as I do have a 2014 Cadillac ATS with the LFX motor, I'm in California and looking for a shop/individual to do the installation. Would any of you know anybody within an 8-hour drive of Los Angeles or anybody willing to assist? Thanks
gpostle9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote