Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I Miss it...

So guys, my Camaro has been in winter storage for about 3 weeks. In that 3 weeks I have realized I miss alot of things that the Camaro brought to my everyday drives.

First off is the drive through at Tim Hortons. Never even had to order, they see my car roll up, automatically smile and I roll up and get the best coffee ever and the usual conversation. That was great.

The excitement in the mornings to drive wherever I had to go, miss that alot.
Being late to places, well the Camaro made it worth while being late and getting $hit from the gf

The random convos with car people at gas stations, red lights, fastfood places, practically everywhere, those are always fun and nice to meet genuine people.

And last but not least, is the way other people respond to me. People were MUCH more curtious to me when I was in the Camaro, always letting me in, even insisting to give me the right of way.

Now a days in my 08 Ford Fusion (great car) dont get any of the above. Really sad.

Oh well, I miss my car alot...ALOT. But not having to drive her in the brutal winter here is great. I also get to save alot on the insurance payments and gas so Mod season allows me to spend some great quality time with my car.

Cant wait for Spring to come soon enough.

LOVE my Camaro

For those of you who drive your Camaros, whether its in storage or not, do you guys have similar experiences?

I should add that Camaros, for the most part, are still quite rare over here even after 3 years.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
At least you know the Camaro will still be in perfect condition come spring...
Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
The weathers been so nice so far I keep putting off putting mine away for the winter. Maybe next week...............

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Definitly an upside! Except she'll look even better with the new mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
The weathers been so nice so far I keep putting off putting mine away for the winter. Maybe next week...............
definitly enjoy her as much as you can
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 12-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
chernmax
I Need a Volunteer!!!

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
No one in life is guaranteed a next spring so through winter we roll!!!
chernmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
It could be worse and you could be in my situation. I put mine in storage last January when I deployed, and when I get back I still have to wait for nice weather to drive it. A year and a few months is way to long to wait.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i feel you dude, even my brand new daily driver BMW which costed more than my camaro. doesn't get NEARLY the attention my camaro gets. last winter i put my camaro in storage and about 3 weeks later i broke down and toke it out. also while it was out mid January had it sent to the shop for a cam swap. ahaha

i cant store my car, just to hard for me. i take it out at least every week or 2. when road are good.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #8
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernmax View Post
No one in life is guaranteed a next spring so through winter we roll!!!
Hey man if you can do it, all the power to ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT D View Post
It could be worse and you could be in my situation. I put mine in storage last January when I deployed, and when I get back I still have to wait for nice weather to drive it. A year and a few months is way to long to wait.
You are definitly a trooper! And I thank you for your service, I may be from Canada but I give my respect where its due. Plus a buddy of mine got back from his deployment in Afghanistan earlier this year.
You guys make us very proud!!

But hey, when you get back, its MOD SEASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i feel you dude, even my brand new daily driver BMW which costed more than my camaro. doesn't get NEARLY the attention my camaro gets. last winter i put my camaro in storage and about 3 weeks later i broke down and toke it out. also while it was out mid January had it sent to the shop for a cam swap. ahaha

i cant store my car, just to hard for me. i take it out at least every week or 2. when road are good.
Yeah man I know what you mean! Ive driven a bunch of cars, all great cars, none of them give me the excitement the Camaro gives me. But like I said, winter season is MOD season which is the best. A cammed V8 is a hell of a mod lol

And I cant take my car out in the good weather down here because our local roads are covered in ice and snow until the big melt so no way I can take my car out

Oh well, still open the garage everytime I leave to check her out lol
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
sir574

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I don't know why ppl are so anal about storing a camaro for the winter... I mean look at lamborghini's home page. They advertise them to drive in the snow. Now I love my camaro but it is noooooo lamborghini.

sir574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
So guys, my Camaro has been in winter storage for about 3 weeks. In that 3 weeks I have realized I miss alot of things that the Camaro brought to my everyday drives.

First off is the drive through at Tim Hortons. Never even had to order, they see my car roll up, automatically smile and I roll up and get the best coffee ever and the usual conversation. That was great.

The excitement in the mornings to drive wherever I had to go, miss that alot.
Being late to places, well the Camaro made it worth while being late and getting $hit from the gf

The random convos with car people at gas stations, red lights, fastfood places, practically everywhere, those are always fun and nice to meet genuine people.

And last but not least, is the way other people respond to me. People were MUCH more curtious to me when I was in the Camaro, always letting me in, even insisting to give me the right of way.

Now a days in my 08 Ford Fusion (great car) dont get any of the above. Really sad.

Oh well, I miss my car alot...ALOT. But not having to drive her in the brutal winter here is great. I also get to save alot on the insurance payments and gas so Mod season allows me to spend some great quality time with my car.

Cant wait for Spring to come soon enough.

LOVE my Camaro

For those of you who drive your Camaros, whether its in storage or not, do you guys have similar experiences?

I should add that Camaros, for the most part, are still quite rare over here even after 3 years.
YOU ARE A SPOILED BRAT , not tha there is nothing wrong with it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #11
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir574 View Post
I don't know why ppl are so anal about storing a camaro for the winter... I mean look at lamborghini's home page. They advertise them to drive in the snow. Now I love my camaro but it is noooooo lamborghini.

ARE THOSE LAMGO 4X4 ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
I feel your pain. It was 59* this morning, and I was like "too cold- need to take my SUV".

It may get so cold in FL that I'll have to defog the windshield if I park it outside overnight this winter!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
It's just snow. I drive mine year round. Love the Lambo pic.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #14
sir574

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
It's just snow. I drive mine year round. Love the Lambo pic.

same here, just put the blizzak's on
sir574 is offline   Reply With Quote