Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Study up, I've done must of it at one time or another, in many places it's not connected anymore and it's easy to get lost. It's also takes waaaaaayyyy longer than the interstate so give yourself at least an extra day.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
Study up, I've done must of it at one time or another, in many places it's not connected anymore and it's easy to get lost. It's also takes waaaaaayyyy longer than the interstate so give yourself at least an extra day.
I've personally never been on route 66, but according to google maps it only adds about 4 hours.

What makes it take so much longer?

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I've personally never been on route 66, but according to google maps it only adds about 4 hours.

What makes it take so much longer?
It travels through cities instead of just bypassing em. For example you'd have to drive through downtown Albuquerque to go through it abd boy with all of that traffic and stop lights, well yeah. I was seeing a girl at a time that lived right off it and traffic and stop lights will give you some hassle but don't let that discourage you in any way. Go for it, it will make the trip just that much more special and you'll be running the routes that our 1st fathers took back in the day haha.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
It travels through cities instead of just bypassing em. For example you'd have to drive through downtown Albuquerque to go through it abd boy with all of that traffic and stop lights, well yeah. I was seeing a girl at a time that lived right off it and traffic and stop lights will give you some hassle but don't let that discourage you in any way. Go for it, it will make the trip just that much more special and you'll be running the routes that our 1st fathers took back in the day haha.
Ahh, I see.

Then maybe it'd be wise not to start in Tulsa and get on it a bit closer.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #6
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
Bet it would be worth it though...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey Moose,

We are going to have a huge caravan headed out of Texas. We have people from as far North as Va, south and east meeting up with us... We have two major caravans, one from the Dallas / Ft Worth area and the Houston / San Antonio group headed west. We will meet up with the DFW group in West Texas and as a group roll into Las Cruces for the night....

You are most welcome to join us...

In the Texas Subforum, there is a sticky for Texans and Friends East... You can also check in with Blackhawk6 from Va. He is getting the East coasters together... It's going to be a blast...Bring some others along with you...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
There are a bunch of us leaving OKC on I40 to the Fest. I40 actually is 66 some of the way, but not the original. I actually meant to take pictures of it in Miami, OK. There is a section of the original 66 there. Very old and small!
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
If you run Route 66, make sure you stop in Adrian, TX for a slice of Ugly Crust Pie at the MidPoint Cafe. It is seriously good and they are a Route 66 survivor that was an inspiration of Flo's in Disney's CARS movie. I ran Route 66 from Los Angeles to Funk's Grove, Il on the way out to the Power Tour. I highly recommend it, but difficult to follow in Oklahoma, not a lot of signage, easy to follow in AZ, if you make it to Williams, AZ, the Lodge is a nice motel and close to Rod's Steak House, another Route 66 survivor with great steaks. Have a great trip out.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Take 66 back. It gives you more time.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote