Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Late Model Racecraft

Drives: 98 Camaro Race Car 3.96 @ 202 MPH
Exclamation **LMR TX Mile 239mph Vid**

Its monday night and we are back in houston. Thanks to everyone wishing us luck this past weeknd. We had a horrible start to a somewhat good weekend. First pass down the track was just a test run on 8psi to make sure everything was good 215mph. Next run we turned her up a little and had a terrible incedent, both tires blew before the mile and the chute was completely deployed crossing the finsish line at 213. The chute kept the car straight until it finally came to a stop at the turn where it spun.

The 18in wheels were completely destroyed from running on the concrete since the tires were gone. We spent all day saturday trying to find another wheel that would fit, but because of the custom offset we had no luck.

Sunday came and just for the hell of it decided to throw on the 20in wheels we have for the car which are just for car shows and crusies. We didnt even plan on really trying to run the car hard because there was no way a 20in Pirelli was going to stand a chance against 1800rwhp but we wanted to make a run in the car to make the customer happy.

First pass on the 20in wheels, car made 2lbs of boost in 1st and 2nd gear, then we had the boost controller set on 10lbs in 3rd and 4th. The car looked so slow making the run and BAM, the scoreboards lit up 222mph. We were all laughing so hard we decided to turn it up to 15lbs in 3rd and 4th gear and try her once more. Again, the car looked like it was on a sunday cruise until she got into 3rd, then 4th, then BAM 239mph on the scoreboard, we could hardly believe our eyes!

After that pass the track was getting ready to close so we didnt get a chance to try and turn her up anymore. Looks like we are going to have to wait until the next event to try and break the 250.1mph record currently held by a lambo.

I think with a little bit better tire, and just 25lbs of boost, this car is going to FLY!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hightech.../0/O2FIfAuPOq4

As for the LMR Corvette, all I have to say is this car is going to fly at the next event.

First pass Friday morning I ran it on wastegate only just to check everything out and to get used to making a pass at the mile with the parachute. Clicked off a record setting 222mph pass. I was amazed at how quick she ran on just wastegate.

Well, after the camaro blew a tire I decided to put a set of hoosiers on the car for safe measure. Next pass we turned the boost up and she was on a lick but I ran out of RPM in 4th gear with the shorter tire and knew if I put it in 5th she would break the stock TR6060 trans, still went 211mph on that pass. After that I decided not to run her anymore, I didnt want to take a chance putting the MT drag radials back on her to try and better Hinsons 224mph corvette record. I decided to just wait until the next event.
Late Model Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote