Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
I'm glad I don't have to store my camaro for winter. But you'll be driving again in a few months, no worries!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Lmao yeah my driving experiences were pretty spoiled and it was awesome!!!
As for the lambos, heck of I could afford a Lambo. I'd have an aventador for summer and lp560 for the winter for sure!!!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 AM   #17
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir574 View Post

same here, just put the blizzak's on
We did that with my brothers stang. After that winter we realized how big of a mistake that was. The front end was chipped to hell. It was brutal. The car obviously developed undercarriage rust and people around here can't drive. Add snow into the mix with people who don't care for their cars and your pride and joy gets wrecked. Sucks. I wish I could enjoy her all year long but this gives me time to mod her!
For those driving her in the winter or whatever, drive safe and enjoy your Camaros as much as you can
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #18
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I feel your pain. It was 59* this morning, and I was like "too cold- need to take my SUV".

It may get so cold in FL that I'll have to defog the windshield if I park it outside overnight this winter!

Change your username into Jigsaw as in Saw 7 for pouring salt in the wound lmao
Man I wish I lived in FL. Been going there since I was 3 and absolutely love FL.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #19
bill2129
Account Suspended

Drives: 2085 Trans AM COBRA
Just take it out and drive it. As long as there is not salt on the roads from snow the cold weather wont hurt it. I would NEVER Lock up a car and let it sit. That's when seals become weak and leaks start to happen. And for a car to run right you need to drive it. The key is keeping up with it by giving it a bath once a week. You paid what 40grand for the car? Take it out and enjoy it. From a few people posted above I agree weather has been nice. Here in PA It's been great. It's dec and we are still hitting 60s at times.
bill2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #20
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I put mine to bed yesterday. Did a detail with Adams products and waiting for my cover to show up. I want to wrap my car in bubble wrap and protect it forever. While cleaning I noticed a few grain of sand size chips of paint and a very small scratch. I will find out in spring how well Adams Swirl n haze works.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #21
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I just drive mine to weekend shows, cruises, and summer road trips. By the time winter arrives I'm bored for the season and tired of keeping it clean. After a 4-5 month nap, bringing it out in the spring is like getting a new car every year and the fun can begin all over again without all the winter's damage from salt, sand, cinders, etc.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
That's my plan for my car too. I got it last month and just drove it around town away from other cars just to drive it.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #23
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Things I miss about my Camaro:

1. Heated Seats
2. Auto Start
3. BlueTooth
4. HUD
5. I tried to turn the radio up with my steering wheel this week
6. The power
7. All of the above the OP mentioned.
8. My windows go down and back up. (my DD's windows dont go down)

I miss my car but I will be seeing her this weekend. Maybe I will take her out for a spin. WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #24
Captainjapan
Captain SS / 2

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2/RS
I'm about to put my away also, did you do anything special while putting the car into storage. Fuel stabilizer, tire psi ect?
Captainjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #25
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
SO glad I don't have to store for winter! I wish we got more snow but not enough to make me store my camaro!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #26
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
i actually do have thae same experience, but i can drive mine all year round. i just ride my bike to and from work now since its cheaper on gas and saves mileage on the car

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #27
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
OP
I feel your pain.Mine has been stored for a couple of weeks now.
Very depressing.Love to drive my vert.and the few extra touches that it has, the ambient lighting,the HUD, the halos, crusin' with the top down.
A know some people drive their's in the winter time, but given the salt and lack of care by some other drivers, my vert is in hibernation until spring as I do not want it all rusted and banged up after a couple of years.

And on a happier note...its almost ski season...YIPPEEEE!!!!
Attached Images

'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote