Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #43
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
believe it or not it is possible to carry 2 people things plus to full size DRs in the truck/back seat. I've seen it done by a handful of people in the Rockies group. That way you can run your normal street tires everywhere but the drag strip, just swap them when you get to the track.
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #44
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
believe it or not it is possible to carry 2 people things plus to full size DRs in the truck/back seat. I've seen it done by a handful of people in the Rockies group. That way you can run your normal street tires everywhere but the drag strip, just swap them when you get to the track.
Thanks for the idea. I have a while to mull this one over I guess. I'm pretty lazy, so the path of least resistance will likely win out!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #45
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Another person staying at Days Inn, I see.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #46
zlathim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Another person staying at Days Inn, I see.
Yep! On your recommendation no less!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 02-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #47
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Yep! On your recommendation no less!
With the exception of one or two people, all of us stayed at Days Inn last year.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #48
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
With the exception of one or two people, all of us stayed at Days Inn last year.

I prefer the cabin life lol.We need to make a group text/message list this year so meeting up is a bit easier.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #49
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
I prefer the cabin life lol.We need to make a group text/message list this year so meeting up is a bit easier.
I agree.

Once we get closer, we can grab everyone's numbers that want to be in the chat.

I'd at least like to have a Camaro5 dinner.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #50
tdsikk

Drives: 2SSRS
It looks like quite a few of us will be staying at Days Inn, we made our reservation there as well.

Just curious, did anyone do autocross last year? I haven’t done it before but I think I may give it a try this year. Winter is dragging on for way too long, I am so ready for summer and the sturgis rally.....
tdsikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 AM   #51
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsikk View Post
It looks like quite a few of us will be staying at Days Inn, we made our reservation there as well.

Just curious, did anyone do autocross last year? I haven’t done it before but I think I may give it a try this year. Winter is dragging on for way too long, I am so ready for summer and the sturgis rally.....

I didn't with my car but rode along with my buddy. They have a very nice track, his rs with intake, cam, heads, LT/catback and coilovers did very well. It was a blast, until the rain hit but non the less I would say go for it!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #52
zlathim

Quote:

I've been mulling this over myself. I would surely make a fool of myself, but it might be good for a few laughs.

I decided that I'm not going to worry about street tires on the drag strip. I just realized it is an 1/8 mile strip, so I'm much less interested in the drag racing event. I'll still compete, but I just don't care enough to worry about the logistics of bringing another set of wheels and tires for it.
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 02-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #53
tdsikk

Drives: 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
I didn't with my car but rode along with my buddy. They have a very nice track, his rs with intake, cam, heads, LT/catback and coilovers did very well. It was a blast, until the rain hit but non the less I would say go for it!
Sounds like a good time, I think I’ll give it a shot. Are you doing autocross this year or just drag racing? Hopefully the rain holds off, there were some pretty good thunderstorms during the rally last year!

Quote:
I've been mulling this over myself. I would surely make a fool of myself, but it might be good for a few laughs.

I decided that I'm not going to worry about street tires on the drag strip. I just realized it is an 1/8 mile strip, so I'm much less interested in the drag racing event. I'll still compete, but I just don't care enough to worry about the logistics of bringing another set of wheels and tires for it.
I’m sure I’ll struggle with the autocross but it sounds like too much fun to not give it a try! Like you said, it should be good for a few laughs! I thought about drag racing too but I’m pretty sure they just do bracket racing; my car is a manual and I would struggle with consistency. I’ll definitely watch the event though...
tdsikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #54
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
Sounds like a good time, I think I’ll give it a shot. Are you doing autocross this year or just drag racing? Hopefully the rain holds off, there were some pretty good thunderstorms during the rally last year!

I don't think I will again this year, my turbos are a bit big and I have drag radials on full time. I might get adventurous and put my stock wheels back on and give it a go, see how the drive-ability is with my new cam install this spring. Yeah I hope the rain stays away, that was a crazy storm!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #55
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:

It'll be my first time doing autocross this year. So if you decide to, you won't be the only noobie!

Quote:

We'll have to make a run down the track together.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:26 AM   #56
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
well for the time being deployment canceled so I might actually get to part take in the rally instead of run it this year.
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote