#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
RAT Raceway

Drives: ZL1-1LE, 5th Gen COPO
New ZL1-1Le

Hello All

Just sold off my 2013 ZL1 and will be picking up my new Crush ZLE on Saturday. My son and I are jumping on a plane and flying in to pick it up. Then driving 1300 miles home.

Should I be worried about about anything? I normally do my first oil change at 1000 miles but that wont be an option. Excited to get behind the wheel.

Thanks!
RAT Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
saw exact same one on freeway in traffic last night he looked miserable haha
Old 08-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT Raceway View Post
Hello All

Just sold off my 2013 ZL1 and will be picking up my new Crush ZLE on Saturday. My son and I are jumping on a plane and flying in to pick it up. Then driving 1300 miles home.

Should I be worried about about anything? I normally do my first oil change at 1000 miles but that wont be an option. Excited to get behind the wheel.

Thanks!
If you're driving back 1300 miles, I recommend you spend the first 50-100 miles driving around a city or on canyon roads if available, with a lot of varying engine speed and load to seat the rings properly under some boost. And of course make sure to vary RPM on the freeway, and no cruise control.

I also recommend changing the oil first at 200-500 miles, just to get rid of any remaining metal from the factory.

You could find a dealer on you're route home and use 1 of your 2 free dealer oil changes--only a 1 hour process if you get there early in the morning.

That's my .02
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Color match between Crush section of lower rockers and color match fascias to front fenders / rear quarters.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
RAT Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
If you're driving back 1300 miles, I recommend you spend the first 50-100 miles driving around a city or on canyon roads if available, with a lot of varying engine speed and load to seat the rings properly under some boost. And of course make sure to vary RPM on the freeway, and no cruise control.

I also recommend changing the oil first at 200-500 miles, just to get rid of any remaining metal from the factory.

You could find a dealer on you're route home and use 1 of your 2 free dealer oil changes--only a 1 hour process if you get there early in the morning.

That's my .02

Thanks! Yea no cruise for the first 500 miles for sure... Broken in many street motors. Biggest problem is we don't get to the dealership untill arouyng 3pm on Saturday.

Might have to try to find a parking lot for a oil change in route... I sure won't find a dealership open on a Sunday I'm guessing.

Alabama to Colorado is the path.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #6
RAT Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Color match between Crush section of lower rockers and color match fascias to front fenders / rear quarters.

Are there know issues for this???
Old 08-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Are there know issues for this???
In that pic, the Crush section of the rockers are way light to the body. The front fenders, while not as dramatic, were darker and more yellow to the front fender and quarter panels. The contast did not show up in the pic as much as the rocker. Like most cars and trucks that aren't Porsche level, you get lots of variation on certain colors as many parts are painted outside of the final assembly plant.

Obviously black hides a lot of this, but, bright colors like this...not so much. I, personally, am not too picky with orange peel, a bit or dirt, etc., as I drive lots of miles on any car or truck I own - to enjoy them, and we're not talking some Porsche or exotic. However, I am picky about color match. You'll never see me spending $ to "paint correct", "Xpel", etc. Not my thing. You will always see some color difference too when you get angles / color flop / shadowing that throws the color off visually that may be just an illusion vs. true mismatch.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...20&postcount=2

Old 08-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #8
RAT Raceway

OMG! Drooling all over my keyboard. That is drop dead sexy.

I'm a lot like you. This will be a daily driven car in the summer and parked for the snow.

I will be sure to dig in before taking delivery.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #9
RUQWIKR

Quote:
OMG! Drooling all over my keyboard. That is drop dead sexy.

I'm a lot like you. This will be a daily driven car in the summer and parked for the snow.

I will be sure to dig in before taking delivery.

Thanks for the heads up.
Love the Crush on the SS and ZL1's, any flavor. Love my wife's SS Hot Wheels convertible. I'm more of a bright red guy, but, Crush almost pushed me over the edge. You'll love the color and the car. Enjoy the drive back with your son!

Crush sometimes photographs more red or darker than it is. Shock is VERY hard to photograph, but, it is a good looking color, too.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:45 PM   #10
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Should I be worried about about anything
Rock chips.

Bring some trac wrap or similar with you.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #11
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Happy Travels...sounds like fun..cool your Son is traveling along, I envy that. I would get oil change if possible. you know your going to push that gas peddle..haha
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #12
dt4629

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
If you can, ppf and then ceramic coat it. It'll really pop that crush color, in addition to easing the cleaning process.
Attached Images

dt4629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:30 AM   #13
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Why would you have any worries about a new car? You and your son will have a very enjoyable and memorable drive home so I wouldn’t have any concerns if I were you! Enjoy the drive back in your Crush beast! And contrary to popular belief I would wait until you get back to do the oil change since it’s a new car!
Old 08-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #14
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Hello All

Thanks!
My biggest concern would be trying to wipe the smile off your face, it might leave permanent marks on your face. Other then that I would do a oil change if possible.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote