Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-17-2022, 04:59 AM   #1
ruby2010

Drives: 2010ss
Tuned and can’t brake stand now

In short had the car tuned (A6) and now that the season is rolling around and was looking to get to the track this weekend I mounted up the drag radials and went to do some testing in a local industrial area prior to this weekend. This was my first attempt to do a brake stand burnout. However with my foot on the brake and one on the gas no spin happened. I can floor it and car will only get to 1200 and tires on not spinning , yes TC is off. What could the tuner have messed up? Once you take foot off th brake there is a pause then the car goes
ruby2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 04:28 PM   #2
ruby2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
there is brake pedal torque management table which needs to be turned off
Thanks , I assumed it was something like that. Boggles my mind why that would be set that way from the tuner? Prior to the tune I had no issues. Honestly I think he just uploaded a file he had and Nvr dynoed it. To many odd things going on. Example: in park or N you can only rev to 3k.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:18 PM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The low revs in p or n is normal from the factory.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:24 AM   #4
ruby2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
The low revs in p or n is normal from the factory.
Yes I know that, however my point was prior to the tune you could rev to 5.5k
Point was tuner obviously did something to set it at 3k
Old 03-18-2022, 07:33 AM   #5
gtstorey

A lot of tuners will start with an existing file that they have already done to save time and especially if your tune wasn't stock. It can be time consuming to find all of the differences. I wouldn't really consider tuning to be a one and done process.
Old 03-18-2022, 02:58 PM   #6
ruby2010

Quote:
A lot of tuners will start with an existing file that they have already done to save time and especially if your tune wasn't stock. It can be time consuming to find all of the differences. I wouldn't really consider tuning to be a one and done process.
Well with a bolt on car a tuner should get damn near perfect on the dyno. Time consuming or not he didn’t do the job correctly. When he told me the price I didn’t say I’ll give half the money for half the tune. Like mentioned above he was a lazy tuner and now I have to take to another shop and have done correctly. Going back to him is pointless , I called and explained the issues . He gave me some run around bs like I don’t know cars or working on them. Not once did he mention brake pedal torque management. For Christ sake he didn’t even against the fans to come on early for the lower temp stat.
Either way I have 3 “ reputable shops” all within same distance from me. CSP, RPM and Jannety. Going to dig deep and see who will do the job correct
Old 03-18-2022, 03:07 PM   #7
gtstorey

Yes he should be wiling to make needed changes for no additional charge. Some the things he should have asked about as part of the tuning process.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #8
ruby2010

Quote:
Yes he should be wiling to make needed changes for no additional charge. Some the things he should have asked about as part of the tuning process.
How about do it right the first time lol he knows how I use the car. Weekly raced at loc track in a bracket point series, I do about 3 or so big money races a year. Car came in with a drag pack, let’s turn on brake pedal torque management, tune the trans like garbage. Yea that’ll be good for him lol when I asked him if he set shift points on the dyno or if he at least did a 2-3 and 3-4 shift. I got some bs and knew then i was in trouble.