Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #1415
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACamaroSS View Post
I had my fuses pulled for about 10 days ( I work out of town ) and no extra power, still won't spin the wheels even with the nanny's off unless i rev up and dump the clutch but I hate to do that. I wonder if a tuner would help or something? My brother has an 08 Mustang and it feels about the same only he can spin the tires.
I know what you mean. Without dumping the clutch, I can do no more than a chirp in 1st and once in a while in 2nd. Some people claim that without the nannies it is like they are on ice..... I can't figure it out either. I notice absolutely no difference when I turn the nannies off.

I'm trying another fuse pull tonight to see if it helps but I doubt it will. I need to find a dyno and have it checked out.

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #1416
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I had my fuses pulled for about 10 days ( I work out of town ) and no extra power, still won't spin the wheels even with the nanny's off unless i rev up and dump the clutch but I hate to do that. I wonder if a tuner would help or something? My brother has an 08 Mustang and it feels about the same only he can spin the tires.
Need to leave the fuses out longer.

Ok, sorry. Had to.

Time the car with a video on the tac and speedometer. Lets get a good 0-60 mph and see what it's running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
I know what you mean. Without dumping the clutch, I can do no more than a chirp in 1st and once in a while in 2nd. Some people claim that without the nannies it is like they are on ice..... I can't figure it out either. I notice absolutely no difference when I turn the nannies off.

I'm trying another fuse pull tonight to see if it helps but I doubt it will. I need to find a dyno and have it checked out.
I have an L99 so I'm not sure what yours is supposed to feel like.

Same thing. Time it.

It's the only way you'll really know without a dyno. And even then, I'd bank more on the time.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #1417
TACamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS SW IOM interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Need to leave the fuses out longer.

Ok, sorry. Had to.

Time the car with a video on the tac and speedometer. Lets get a good 0-60 mph and see what it's running.

I have an L99 so I'm not sure what yours is supposed to feel like.

Same thing. Time it.

It's the only way you'll really know without a dyno. And even then, I'd bank more on the time.
Also I bought it in Jan. which means it sat since may 2010 with only 87 octane I'm on my first tank of premium now so it might take a couple of tanks I'm thinking...and hoping. If I get a chance I'll time it this weekend and report back.
TACamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #1418
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:

Something doesn't seem right if it won't spin without the nannies on. Mine chirps 2nd and 3rd gear if I run it hard from a stopped position with them on. I have spun through 3rd gear without the nannies on from a standstill and the car didn't move more than 50 or so ft. before I let off of it. I am not so sure it wouldn't have spun in 4th just a little bit. When these LS3's are right they are bad news. I cant speak for the L99 though I'm sure they are the same way.

You may want to give it some time to break in. I know it seemed like after 7500 miles my car really , really woke up. It dyno'd last week with a CAI and Magnaflow exhaust at 397 rwhp and 392 rwtq with no tune or any other mods. The power is there in these engine's.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #1419
Without Remorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
Something doesn't seem right if it won't spin without the nannies on. Mine chirps 2nd and 3rd gear if I run it hard from a stopped position with them on. I have spun through 3rd gear without the nannies on from a standstill and the car didn't move more than 50 or so ft. before I let off of it. I am not so sure it wouldn't have spun in 4th just a little bit. When these LS3's are right they are bad news. I cant speak for the L99 though I'm sure they are the same way.

You may want to give it some time to break in. I know it seemed like after 7500 miles my car really , really woke up. It dyno'd last week with a CAI and Magnaflow exhaust at 397 rwhp and 392 rwtq with no tune or any other mods. The power is there in these engine's.
I know I need to be more patient as I only have 1500 miles on it. It is good to hear about your car waking up after 7500 miles. I have heard other people say that wake up after break in was over stated. Either way, my engine is still a baby and needs to mature some.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #1420
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
I know I need to be more patient as I only have 1500 miles on it. It is good to hear about your car waking up after 7500 miles. I have heard other people say that wake up after break in was over stated. Either way, my engine is still a baby and needs to mature some.
I don't think you should worry about it yet. I did do the fuse pull three or four times throughout the last 10 months just for the heck of it. If I felt the car wasn't as strong as I thought it should be , I'd do it. It seems to really help. I also used the " hard " break in on my car. I ran it pretty hard " not abusive " but hard for the first 2000 or so miles. I don't know for a fact if any of this helped it , but I am very pleased with the performance of my car at this point. Good luck with your's I hope she wakes up real mean one day!!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #1421
Without Remorse

Quote:
Same thing. Time it.

Is there a good way to time 0-60 without access to a drag strip? I've read the details on your situation and you mention that after your fuse pull, you went to your favorite spot to run it. Was this a track or just a nice quiet straight away?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #1422
TACamaroSS

Timed it tonight, 5.6 -5.9 four runs back road new pavement nannies off didn't spin off the line got second gear scratch. Dumped the clutch once it spun for about 10 feet the rpm's got to about 3500 and it was done spinning. Tried a rolling start and it bogged until about 4000 rpm then started to pick up, got a second gear chirp. But like I said I has had old gas in it for a long time, so I think I'll just keep pulling the fuses and timing it every fill up and log my progress.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #1423
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Is there a good way to time 0-60 without access to a drag strip? I've read the details on your situation and you mention that after your fuse pull, you went to your favorite spot to run it. Was this a track or just a nice quiet straight away?
I got a piece of road that is perfect. Visibility for about a mile in both directions and a grass median with very little traffic and a 65 mph limit.

Video of the tac is the best way. Because you can replay it over and over and even cut the video on both sides for ultra acurate time.

Quote:
Timed it tonight, 5.6 -5.9 four runs back road new pavement nannies off didn't spin off the line got second gear scratch. Dumped the clutch once it spun for about 10 feet the rpm's got to about 3500 and it was done spinning. Tried a rolling start and it bogged until about 4000 rpm then started to pick up, got a second gear chirp. But like I said I has had old gas in it for a long time, so I think I'll just keep pulling the fuses and timing it every fill up and log my progress.
If there is still low grade fuel in your car you're wasting your time. let the whole tank run down to under when the warning comes on. Then fill with 93 and run long enough for the lines to purge. Then pull the fuses.

If your timing is acurate, and you are a good shifter then you should at least be down around 5.2 ish.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #1424
TACamaroSS

Quote:
I used my daughters ipod, i just wore it like a necklace. She has a newer one with the facetime camera so you can just tilt it up to turn the camera on. keep in mind it's all crooked and it might take a couple of tries but it get your results. Then just watch the playback and pause when you hit 60 and that's your time.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #1425
PQ
Booooosted.

Dynolicious is an awesome app. It's pretty acurate. I found within a tenth either way if you have it set up right. You gotta get the weight right in order to use the horsepower feature but it's pretty fun to play with.

I haven't used it for a long time but here is an old run from before my supercharger.

Name:  IMG_1350.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1351.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1352.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  42.9 KB
Old 05-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #1426
TACamaroSS

It never accured to me to check for an app yup I'm pretty out of it m ust be getting old. Of course my shoe string around the neck app works pretty good maybe the app store would carry it, I could become rich then I could buy some hair from PQ...
Old 05-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #1427
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
It never accured to me to check for an app yup I'm pretty out of it m ust be getting old. Of course my shoe string around the neck app works pretty good maybe the app store would carry it, I could become rich then I could buy some hair from PQ...
I can hook ya up. LOL

But the dyno app must be facing forward and stationary. lol
Old 05-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #1428
Without Remorse

Quote:
Dynolicious is an awesome app. It's pretty acurate. I found within a tenth either way if you have it set up right. You gotta get the weight right in order to use the horsepower feature but it's pretty fun to play with.

I haven't used it for a long time but here is an old run from before my supercharger.

Attachment 237701

Attachment 237702

Attachment 237703
That is the coolest darn thing I have ever seen. Problem is that I have a Blackberry Bold. This only works on Blackberry Storm.....Drats!