Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #15
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The GPI SS3 is bigger then the BTR Stage 4 if i recall from my my cam research.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #16
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
does that really help with the shaking? I mean my car really shakes and jerks makes me wonder if mine are shot.
My car shakes alot more since the cam. I think its common.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:30 AM   #17
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I took a long time to pick a cam. After a lot of research I narrowed it down to 2. I was either getting the Tick or the GPI. I was looking at max performance without needing a stage 4 flycut. A nice sound was secondary.
In the end the GPI shocked me not only from it's power gain but the sound and shake is spectacular. I get thumbs up all day long when I'm driving it.
I mainly picked mine out because of the power gain and the support you get from Ryan. It's funny I told my wife that the car shakes all over the place now and she looked at me with great concern and said why. I told her because of the camshaft. She then said I don't know what that is. So then I tell her it's when the car sounds like a race car kinda like it's gonna die, she then says that sounds stupid. Happy cry 🤣
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:08 AM   #18
morepowerjoe

How soon should I change the oil?
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Old 04-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #19
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I did mine after one week.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:25 AM   #20
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I did mine after one week.
Thanks Mr Banana

Old 04-07-2021, 06:59 AM   #21
Tarendor

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss rs L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
My car shakes alot more since the cam. I think its common.
Yes a more aggressive cam will cause more feelable shake.

Normal shake is absorbed by the stock motor mounts, they can't absorb the more aggressive profile so you feel it in the chassis.

I switched to the billit mounts because I didn't want the shake absorbed I wanted it transferred more to the wheels. In return you will "feel" it a lot more with the solid or semi solid mounts.

I am not trying to start a torsional debate, I am simply stating what I did and why.

So in result...if you want to feel more shake swap out those mounts.

FYI a more aggressive cam will in theory shorten the total life span of stock mounts compared to the stock cam...that life span may be negligible but still shortened. 100k miles vs 95k miles? 100k miles vs 50k? I do not know that answer and am not going to look it up because I already swapped mine lol
2012 2SS/RS, L99, no cats/mufflers, Ported intake manifold, fuel rail upgrade, ID1050x injectors, Vmax throttle body, 25% UDP, GPI DOD delete, GPI SS3, GPI cnc heads, GPI – 5/16″ Hardened Pushrods, BTR trunion upgrade, BTR .660 springs, pcv revamp w/dual catch cans, Circle D 3800, full BMR suspension & bushings. ZL1 fuel pump, HPT programmed fpcm. JMS bap, Snow VC-50 methanol setup. custom 4gal methonal tank, vs7875 turbo, FMIC, precision 46mm WG, 50mm BOV, 3bar map, SJM line lock, Innovate SCG-1, Hurst shifter with tap shift mod, ×2 Holley 14" fans Diy E85, Diy auxiliary pump
Tarendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:54 PM   #22
Modernmusclecar

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarendor View Post
Yes a more aggressive cam will cause more feelable shake.

Normal shake is absorbed by the stock motor mounts, they can't absorb the more aggressive profile so you feel it in the chassis.

I switched to the billit mounts because I didn't want the shake absorbed I wanted it transferred more to the wheels. In return you will "feel" it a lot more with the solid or semi solid mounts.

I am not trying to start a torsional debate, I am simply stating what I did and why.

So in result...if you want to feel more shake swap out those mounts.

FYI a more aggressive cam will in theory shorten the total life span of stock mounts compared to the stock cam...that life span may be negligible but still shortened. 100k miles vs 95k miles? 100k miles vs 50k? I do not know that answer and am not going to look it up because I already swapped mine lol
The car auctually has a slight shake in stock form. Motor mounts afe not a concern I have.with the cam its a little more evident.But no something to worry about
Old 04-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #23
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Well guys you have to add me to the chop family because I finally got me GPI SS1 Camshaft installed. I also got the
1 7/8 TSP Longtubes installed with their 3" exhaust. Man what a difference! It is a beast now. Can't wait until I get it to the track to see what it'll do. But next thing I'm going to do is get it on the dyno.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORheoJLe8EM
Sounds awesome. Welcome to the club!
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #24
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
I mainly picked mine out because of the power gain and the support you get from Ryan. It's funny I told my wife that the car shakes all over the place now and she looked at me with great concern and said why. I told her because of the camshaft. She then said I don't know what that is. So then I tell her it's when the car sounds like a race car kinda like it's gonna die, she then says that sounds stupid. Happy cry 🤣
Ryan is awesome as well as all the guys at GPI. Top quality stuff and wonderful support. My mac kit came with the ss3 cam and its lovely haha
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:30 PM   #25
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
Sounds awesome. Welcome to the club!
thanks buddy

Old 04-07-2021, 08:26 PM   #26
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Well guys you have to add me to the chop family because I finally got me GPI SS1 Camshaft installed. I also got the
1 7/8 TSP Longtubes installed with their 3" exhaust. Man what a difference! It is a beast now. Can't wait until I get it to the track to see what it'll do. But next thing I'm going to do is get it on the dyno.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORheoJLe8EM
Man Joe, she sounds totally awesome now!! Welcome to the cammed club!!
Old 04-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #27
morepowerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Man Joe, she sounds totally awesome now!! Welcome to the cammed club!!
thank you sir

Old 04-13-2021, 11:57 PM   #28
morepowerjoe

A couple updates. First thing I've noticed is that the gm performance racing lifters are kinda noisy. Does anyone else run these lifters and if so are yours noisy? Also she really bucks in gear, is this normal? And Ryan set my idle to 650 rpm what's yours set at? Thanks guys.