Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Trackspec Motorsports heat extractor

Hey guys,

I got some time to install the this track spec motorsports hood vent today. Overall I'm happy with it. I've never cut sheet metal before, but I have a Makita angle grinder that I've used to cut ceramic tile for my house. I bought a metal cutting wheel, a hand riveter set at harbor freight and a tube of high temp adhesive / gasket maker. It took me about 2 hours to get it done. I used almost a whole roll of painter tape with some moving blankets to cover the engine, windshield and roof of the car.
Attached Images

Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
What made you choose this over say........Hex Vents, or even others?

What you chose seems to have a very "tacked on" look to it.

No?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #3
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
What made you choose this over say........Hex Vents, or even others?

What you chose seems to have a very "tacked on" look to it.

No?
I kind of agree with you on the look. It is just riveted onto the flange pieces after cutting the holes. I used a sealant on the flange to adhere down and it has no vibration and the edges are completely air tight.

This car is not my daily driver at all, so I wanted real functionality of a heat extractor for the track. Quite a few of my buddies with corvettes, miatas, and M3's use the different track spec models that are offered. This is not an OEM looking piece but it is very well made. I've also seen a couple of the pro touring cars at SEMA with this.

It's definitely not for everyone.
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #4
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Dang I love that color car man looks amazing. As far as vent its not bad, you could paint them black or even use machine screws to give it a flush look from top. I cringed seeing the front license plate man is there any way they allow you tomove that thing to the side?