Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #43
hammdo
'It's an experiment'
 
hammdo's Avatar
 
Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 7,417
I had the Prothane and switched to the JPSS version:

http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/camar...us-arm-bushing

But I do track the car and noticed a big difference. JPSS are superior in my opinion - especially if you don't have the option for the Z/28 radius rods...

If you want the Prothane:

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/brands...o-ss-ptn-7-239

-Don
__________________
747 RWHP 794 RWTQ
"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races." - Enzo Ferrari
See My Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385577
hammdo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:19 AM   #44
2012LS3VERT

 
Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,265
Final production run pieces for our radius rod joints mentioned earlier in this post are in 30 sets, just waiting on the greaseable bolts and caster washers to come in along with the adjustment wrenches and then they will be ready to go.
Attached Images
   
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #45
olblue75


 
olblue75's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Clarksville Tennesse.
Posts: 4,370
How hard to get old bushings out and what kind of NVH will these create??
__________________
Orange Krush II
1LE Front sway bar with DSE Links, Splitter, 3.91 Gears and Axles, 14/15 Heat extractor, shocks and struts, Suede Flat bottom Steering wheel, short throw shifter with the Pegasus rear poly shifter mount, diffuser with dual mode mufflers, ZL1 Rockers, Belly Pan and pedals, Z/28 Intake, Headers, Cats,Toe Rods and UCA Bushings, 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, C7 Z06 Vented Piston Calipers with CTS-V Rotors, PAFDT Solid Cradle bushing, 32mm JPSS Rear Bar, and Skip Shift eliminator. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #46
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
How hard to get old bushings out and what kind of NVH will these create??
Virtually no change in NVH as the OEM bushing is fluid damped.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #47
2012LS3VERT

 
Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
How hard to get old bushings out and what kind of NVH will these create??
If you were referring to our spherical joints, they require a hydraulic press to remove and install the complete bushing assembly. We will likely off them preinstalled in new arms as an option, that way you get a new ball joint as well.

Not much more road noise, as the poly cups do a pretty good job of absorbing the vibration, but as they are supported in all directions they dont deflect amy significant amount, so way less noise than the Pfadt sphericals available previously, with what I feel is about equal performance (had a set) with no worry about them wearing out.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #48
Superman09
Account SNAFU
 
Superman09's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
If you were referring to our spherical joints, they require a hydraulic press to remove and install the complete bushing assembly. We will likely off them preinstalled in new arms as an option, that way you get a new ball joint as well.

Not much more road noise, as the poly cups do a pretty good job of absorbing the vibration, but as they are supported in all directions they dont deflect amy significant amount, so way less noise than the Pfadt sphericals available previously, with what I feel is about equal performance (had a set) with no worry about them wearing out.
When can we get a set? And if your doing all new arms is there a core charge?

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:20 PM   #49
2012LS3VERT

 
Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,265
Should be very soon (finally). I have 30 sets on the shelf, other than the greasable, Grade 8, 9/16" bolts we use that allows for the joint to be easily greased, along with the caster washers shown that are made by us specifically to work with the 9/16" bolt (stock is a 14mm), they will be included at no charge as well, as we think anyone with these arms should take advantage of additional caster. Our laser guy charges us less for large runs, so we are making a bunch, so we have to get the final cost together, after that and getting a quantity discount on the bolts.

No core charge, as the ball joints are a wear item that is not available separately. Fortunately, we can get ACDelco arms for $71 each new. Like our 10 rib water pumps, we basically just charge cost on those parts with maybe 30 minutes labor charge (because we have made special setups to make it faster) as a service to make things easier for the customer to install without needing hydraulic presses and such.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #50
Superman09
Account SNAFU
 
Superman09's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
Should be very soon (finally). I have 30 sets on the shelf, other than the greasable, Grade 8, 9/16" bolts we use that allows for the joint to be easily greased, along with the caster washers shown that are made by us specifically to work with the 9/16" bolt (stock is a 14mm), they will be included at no charge as well, as we think anyone with these arms should take advantage of additional caster. Our laser guy charges us less for large runs, so we are making a bunch, so we have to get the final cost together, after that and getting a quantity discount on the bolts.

No core charge, as the ball joints are a wear item that is not available separately. Fortunately, we can get ACDelco arms for $71 each new. Like our 10 rib water pumps, we basically just charge cost on those parts with maybe 30 minutes labor charge (because we have made special setups to make it faster) as a service to make things easier for the customer to install without needing hydraulic presses and such.
Put me on the list for a set then.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #51
2012LS3VERT

 
Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,265
Thanks! I will post up when the final pieces get in.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:11 AM   #52
pat_t
 
pat_t's Avatar
 
Drives: #238 Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 411
Bump. Did these ever get finished?

Would they be considered an upgrade from Z28 lower arms?
__________________
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:18 AM   #53
2012LS3VERT

 
Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,265
They are done other than the adjustment wrenches. Once those are done I will have the final price. Yes an upgrade from the Z/28 arms, which are the same exact arms with the same rubber bushings, but different inserts (hard pladtic vs hard rubber).
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #54
olblue75


 
olblue75's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Clarksville Tennesse.
Posts: 4,370
Waiting anxiously, I have Petes inserts and are awesome but I think these will be a whole nother level. An why doesn't someone make this a adjustable arm like the BMR and DSE have done with rear lower control arm. I'm sure there's some adjustability there.
__________________
Orange Krush II
1LE Front sway bar with DSE Links, Splitter, 3.91 Gears and Axles, 14/15 Heat extractor, shocks and struts, Suede Flat bottom Steering wheel, short throw shifter with the Pegasus rear poly shifter mount, diffuser with dual mode mufflers, ZL1 Rockers, Belly Pan and pedals, Z/28 Intake, Headers, Cats,Toe Rods and UCA Bushings, 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, C7 Z06 Vented Piston Calipers with CTS-V Rotors, PAFDT Solid Cradle bushing, 32mm JPSS Rear Bar, and Skip Shift eliminator. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #55
KillboyPowerhead
 
Drives: 2014 1LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Waiting anxiously, I have Petes inserts and are awesome but I think these will be a whole nother level. An why doesn't someone make this a adjustable arm like the BMR and DSE have done with rear lower control arm. I'm sure there's some adjustability there.
I'm guessing that because you can drill/grind out the subframe bolt hole to allow for adjustability (much cheaper than an adjustable arm) there might not be a big enough demand for such an arm. With the rear LCA you may need adjustability if you lower the car to reach a certain camber spec, but I don't believe the radius rod is affected by lowering (could be wrong though ); also, like the radius rod hole you can also elongate the subframe bolt hole for the rear LCA and possibly not need an adjustable arm.
__________________
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Custom Cat-back Exhaust (w/ Magnaflow and Solo Performance); Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Camber/Caster Bolts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #56
2012LS3VERT

 
Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,265
The arm isnt straight, and to get the required bend in a piece of tubing, very expensive cnc mandrel bending would be required, which would require a high volume to cover that cost. The stock arm is VERY strong, so the diameter of any tubing would have to be very large, which creates clearance issues with the rest of the suspension during articulation. I have the full GM model of the car, the front suspension is very good other than a few improvements in bushings and alignment, which make the front end work very well is such a heavy car.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.