Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-29-2021, 10:17 PM   #43
kcandiotti400

Drives: Chevy Camaro, Chevy Impala, Audi TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKlutch View Post
It may be the ABS brakes having "Ice Mode" activating. Ice Mode is not an actual mode, it's a description of the car ...
Ice mode?! What kind of sorcery is this? This totally seems right. I read a bunch about it on the subway to work this morning and all the symptoms seem right. It's also happening when I'm going from a short chute acceleration zone and then directly into a hairpin hence the stab gas to stab brake. And, sure enough, when I go through the corner cautiously it magically disappears. What an annoying driving nanny. Welp ... per the rules even if I could remove a fuse to disable it I wouldn't be allowed to but it seems like it just is what it is anyway. Thanks from bringing that to my attention.

Yup, I run Bilstein with stock coils on my Audi TT BSP car so very familiar. I just wasn't sure of the OEM shocks were considered omg status and I shouldn't change them out. I'll probably run the OE's another season and then think about it. Thank you.

Correct re: NPP. I'll need to check if it works though .. no matter what driving mode I'm in it all sounds the same to me. Although people always come up to me and say it sounds really nice and grumbly ... I wonder if the previous owner pulled the fuse that is in the trunk I think? Anyway ... I'm sure it is NPP .. I got under there rear end and saw the vacuum cans on the quads and everything looks OE. I was researching titanium ... I'd be willing to pay the price because I'd bet I can sell my NPP to recoup some money and I really have nothing else to buy this season ... but it looks like it would have to be a purely custom fab unfortunately so I might just run what I got. Thank you.

Also, did you see the new plates?
kcandiotti400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:22 PM   #44
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I did the same thing on my JPSS bar an even trimmed my bushings thinking it was right but once I flipped the bar it was ...
I did a full autocross event with it upside down and even asked another camaro guy if it was upside down .. he's like "no way" ... sure enough .. what can go wrong does. That being said, the Detroit Speed bar unlocked a TON of performance out of the car. I played around with it quite extensively and found that the softest setting is the best for me. Here's a video from this weekends event .. skip to the middle to watcha split screen of my F Stock beating a CAM-C Mustang GT by over 1 second. If you look at the speeds in the corners I always have him by 3 or 4 mph.

https://www.facebook.com/keith.goes....10600821122986
Old 03-29-2021, 10:29 PM   #45
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I have longtubes, no cats with stock NPP. I didnt get kicked ...
Yeah, I was considering long tubes or perhaps the Solo Performance setup ... but at full price its just not worth it. I'm not too concerned about the sound (other than it being not too loud per the SCCA sound rules as you mentioned) or HP gains as I'm sure it's not much but if the weight loss was there I'd be interested. The Solo kit is only a 9lb weight savings which is shocking because its practically straight tubes. Ah well.

As for the F Stock rules, you can only substitute the trim level if you make ALL changes for that trim level. So, to switch to the Z/28 suspension that would also mean switching to hood, aero pieces, brakes, etc etc etc. I think this is to prevent someone from buying a 4 cyl camaro and then throwing a v8 in and running in the same class. Ah, and I should mention that the change in trim may then change your classing. So basically with would be a Z/28 and now be in like B stock or something. (Just for anyone else following this thread)
Old 03-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #46
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburlar View Post
Great thread. Nice to hear you are enjoying your car. Keep up the posts.
Thanks man, ever do any of the autox events at Limerock?
Old 03-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #47
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
OEM 1LE wheels???
OH ... and yes ... I do have them ... but I drive on them to the events and pack the Apex's in the back seat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM8BoJuBeG7/

Last edited by kcandiotti400; 03-29-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:12 AM   #48
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
It's nice to see your updates on your progress and your car.
After doing a lot of autoX in my previous car, I have been wanting to take mine out to an autocross event, but I have migrated to road course events.

As for your question about exhaust, I am running cat-less long tubes with a Corsa extreme cat-back. I get warned at my local road course for being a bit above the 105db limit.
Doing long tubes will defiantly be a weight savings over the factory cast manifolds (mine were easily half the weight) and will noticeably wake up the car.
Having cats would help bring it down a bit and the NPP is supposed to be good at taming down the sound of long tubes in quiet mode.
Corsa Extreme cat-back, Speed Engineering LT Headers with black ceramic coating, C7 Z06 Front Brake Upgrade, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, BMR Tunnel Brace, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, MSD Plug Wires, Mishimoto Radiator and Hoses.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #49
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
LOL. Ice Mode.....Ya, pretty F'ed up right?! Great use of the commute time! The research has guided you on the braking techniques to minimize the occurrence.

Mentioned above was do Z28 parts. Now it's been 2 decades since I ran Stock class, was Street back then, but I don't think you can do bits and pieces from other trim lines? I recall doing every part available from the trim line was something but I'm just not up on Stock class mod rules. I've been in a 1LE with the Bilsteins and thought they did an excellent job. So, perhaps something to consider for later.

Ya, I totally get it on mods so limited in Stock class that u want to do something! LT headers, X-Pipe etc. are awesome upgrades but you cannot do all that in Stock class. Keep NPP! Use an exhaust controller. Done! For now. lol

here's a handy walk-thru to see if the fuse is pulled/missing/etc.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268970

As always, you're most welcome!

Yes! Plate looks good! Some might say that Ag1LE means....Silver 1LE.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:33 PM   #50
kburlar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandiotti400 View Post
Thanks man, ever do any of the autox events at Limerock?

A few years ago, I did a car control clinic on the autox track. It was pretty cool. I prefer the big track though.
3.91 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac Posi, Billet Main Caps, Ported Throttle Body
1LE Suspension. ZL1 Springs, 2.9L Whipple Ssupercharger
kburlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:42 PM   #51
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawz View Post
It's nice to see your updates on your progress and your car.
After doing a lot of autoX ...
Great, thanks for this information. It seems Corsa comes up a lot in what I've been researching. I think if I do change anything out going with straight pipe and a lightweight muffle system would be the best option. Of course, since I street park in, I don't want to wake the dead but maybe keeping the NPP would be an interesting idea.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:49 PM   #52
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKlutch View Post
LOL. Ice Mode.....Ya, pretty F'ed up right?! Great use of the commute time! The research has guided you on the braking techniques...
My style in the TT is always to deep brake into hairpins and use the Quattro to claw me out of the turn. So, I think, the adjustment will be to roll off the throttle and then some firm braking pressure. Keep a tight line and picking up the throttle early will probably be way better than my nose diving tendencies.

Yup, you're right about the classing. Bilstein's sounds like the move. I wonder if Koni does double adjustables (max adjustments for stock class).

Yeah, I mean, unless there's an incredible difference to switch to something else it might just be NPP for now.

Thank you, I'll check that out this weekend .. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been pulled already ... if it hasn't ... welp .. I'll be rattling some windows then

Haha its synonymous at this point!
Old 03-31-2021, 08:50 PM   #53
kcandiotti400

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburlar View Post
A few years ago, I did a car control clinic on the autox track. It was pretty cool. I prefer the big track though.
I haven't run the big track yet ... are they HPDE days? I'll have to look into it!
Old 04-02-2021, 02:47 PM   #54
kburlar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandiotti400 View Post
I haven't run the big track yet ... are they HPDE days? I'll have to look into it!

Yes, sir.
3.91 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac Posi, Billet Main Caps, Ported Throttle Body
1LE Suspension. ZL1 Springs, 2.9L Whipple Ssupercharger
kburlar is offline   Reply With Quote