Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #183
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
the interior looks grate but i think that to get that "retro" look is that the auto shifter should be the horseshoe shaped shifter like GM had on the '67 threw '69 camaro but beside all that the car looks grate and I can't wate to see the final car
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #184
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokidz28 View Post
the interior looks grate but i think that to get that "retro" look is that the auto shifter should be the horseshoe shaped shifter like GM had on the '67 threw '69 camaro but beside all that the car looks grate and I can't wate to see the final car
That shifter really was part of the cool factor of the automatic cars interior. And I know it's not retro, but I would be happy with a row of modern toggle switches for headlights, wipers, etc. instead of stalk controls, they could even put the dimmer switch back on the floor. GM seems to be getting their act together as of late, so whatever we get, I'm sure it'll be good looking and most important, fun to drive.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #185
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
That shifter really was part of the cool factor of the automatic cars interior. And I know it's not retro, but I would be happy with a row of modern toggle switches for headlights, wipers, etc. instead of stalk controls, they could even put the dimmer switch back on the floor. GM seems to be getting their act together as of late, so whatever we get, I'm sure it'll be good looking and most important, fun to drive.

Yup! I'm not digging the steering wheel, but everything else looks like it's getting refined nicely. Hopefully the aftermarket will offer a wheel that will replace the OEM without disabling the airbag sensors or throwing PCM codes.

regardless, I'm sure I will be happy.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #186
bigdog98

Drives: GMC 03 SIERRA 2500HD
Thanks guys for the great pics, and keep the updates coming.
bigdog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #187
BMC Performance

Drives: 850+hp Mustang; 620+hp Chally
WOW that interior is sweet!!!
BMC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #188
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
A few things: for the people wondering about manual shifting/paddle shifters - Chevy's don't have gated shifters. GM has a few different ways to handle manual shifting, and each brand gets a certain style. Pontiacs use gated shifters - slide the shifter over to the right from Drive, and then bump it up or down to up or downshift. GMCs and Buicks use an up/down toggle on the shifter itself. Kinda weird, but it actually works and fits the brands well. Chevy uses typical paddle shifters. Slide the shifter into Manual (just below Drive, so you get P-N-R-D-M) then use the paddles. Each one does the same thing. Push and pull to up and downshift. I'm actually not a fan of this method. The ergonomics just don't work well for my hand shape and size. Its probably just me though. The Malibu and the Corvette use the same system. All those paddle shifters do is give an input into an otherwise normal automatic what gear to select. Its not the quickest shift, but there you are. We won't see an automatic clutch manual...yet...who knows what might come a few years down the road. Anyway, since even the Malibu has paddle shifters, and heck even Kias have them, I'd bet my down payment that the automatic Camaros will have them. Don't even dream they won't. Also, I happen to like the automatic shifter style, but I guess that's just my personal taste...

Ignition - I'm in the camp with the people who want a push button, but as it has been said here before, thats a discussion on another thread...

Material and build quality - I'm still shocked by the people who expect a test mule to have a high quality interior. Why bother spending that money on a test car that is just being beat on by engineers? I hope you people aren't foolish enough to think this reflects production quality. Sigh...

Speedo increments: Fbodfather said on another post they were going to adjust that before production. Fear not- your input has been listened to apparently. Cheers!

My one request: I'd love to have an ohmygod handle for the passenger. My wife will very much need one of those.

Wheels - I'm hoping I can get those smaller wheels on the V8. I don't care about looking Ghetto-fabulous with a bling set of dubs...bigger wheels just add unsprung weight, and kill the ride/handling balance and efficiency. In my experience 17/18 inches is just about the right balance. There is enough sidewall hight for a good ride, but they are also thin enough to not deflect much under cornering. A quality set of performance tires on 18s is just about the perfect setup.

Finally, I consider all this talk about radios to be a moot point... unless you're listening to good classical, all this modern junk just sounds like a bunch of noise no matter what sound system you put it through. You'd be just as well off using a 1980s era boombox on the passenger seat.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #189
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
1st pic lol right by the steering wheel ............

Who is SHUNT and why are they in the trunk lol
Old 05-23-2008, 01:59 AM   #190
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
Who is SHUNT and why are they in the trunk lol
He asked about the headlights. He should have known better.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #191
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
As obscure as this may be, am I the only one hoping for at least two cupholders in the car?

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #192
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
He asked about the headlights. He should have known better.
Ha, good stuff. That will never get old. I bet we'll still bring up even years after the cars been out.

Ya know if anyone is worried about interior quality or attention to detail, go over to camaroz28.com and listen to both of the disciple pod casts. Some of the disciples talk about when they got to drive the IVER cars and they reasure us that we are getting a great quality vehicle.
(By the way, I love Camaro5 and I think its miles better than CamaroZ28.com. Just thought it say that. )

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #193
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
As obscure as this may be, am I the only one hoping for at least two cupholders in the car?
No, i do too but i rarely use both cup holders for cups anyway. I usually use one for change and stuff out of pure laziness to put it in the arm rest. So not a big deal for me. Again, this could change for the production car and we could see two.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #194
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
A few things: for the people wondering about manual shifting/paddle shifters - Chevy's don't have gated shifters. GM has a few different ways to handle manual shifting, and each brand gets a certain style. Pontiacs use gated shifters - slide the shifter over to the right from Drive, and then bump it up or down to up or downshift. GMCs and Buicks use an up/down toggle on the shifter itself. Kinda weird, but it actually works and fits the brands well. Chevy uses typical paddle shifters. Slide the shifter into Manual (just below Drive, so you get P-N-R-D-M) then use the paddles.
While that may be mostly true. It must not be across the board.

Our '08 Equinox Sport has the type of shifter you describe as Pontiac only. But you slide it over to the Left not the right.

I'd prefer this type in my Camaro.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #195
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
No, I consider cupholders a must. 2 for front passengers. That's all.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #196
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
No, I consider cupholders a must. 2 for front passengers. That's all.
My maro will never see a drive threw so I wouldn't care if the bean counters left them out. I would rather see a mp3 holder instead of a cup holder.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote