Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
AlphaSteve

Drives: IOM Camaro SS
HID Fogs = 5 error codes

Hey guys,
Got some error codes again. A quick breakdown of what I did since the original error codes began.

L99, 2SS/RS pkg
Last year:
1- change CAI, Headers, Cats, H-Pipe, Axle back to SLP Full CAI, Headers, High flow cats, X-Pipe, Resonators, muffler delete (LM1).
2- Custom tune with Diablo's Trinity.

During winter storage:
1- added AAC Style sidemarkers.
2- replaced fog stock fog lights with BF Xenon ones.
3- added RX catch can.

Last year I got some lean codes because the tuner did the tune with the O2 sensors programmed as short tube headers. Than he fixed it by changing the distance in the tune to long tube headers. This was done about 1 month before storing for winter.

I had my car stored from December to 2 days ago. I installed the AAC sidemarkers, everything seemed ok, than
I installed the catch can and everything seemed ok, than
the BF Xenon fog lights kit. I ran my relay power wires directly to the + & Ground in the hood area near driver side fender.
Than I ran my switch power wire to my ignition wire just over the gas pedal thinking activatinig the relay shouldn't take too much power. I did this to have automatic fog lights, turn the ignition on and they turn on, turn it off, well you get the point.
Tuesday, I finally drove it since December, about 14 Kms (just over 8 miles) and my check engine light came on. Took my Trinity to find the codes and got the following:

P0171- System too lean (Bank 1)
P0174- System too lean (Bank 2)
P0420- Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1)
P0690- ECM/PCM Power relay sense circuit high
P2119- Throttle actuator control throttle body Range/Performance

So the P0171 & P0174 I got last year, but was solved. The other 3 I never got.
Is my relay taking too much power from the ignition wire?
Can the re-tune from my tuner last year have only bought me more time or do I have a real problem.
I doubt all these code can be linked to one, although I kind of hope.

I know some of you will go 'bring it to the dealer', but they broke my confidence when they did 70 kms to check a rattle in my seat when I specifically told them they didn't have to drive it to make it rattle, and yes I baby my car, I even took the wipers off for a nicer look.

I think I covered everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
AlphaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Wait you took your wipers OFF, what happens when you get caught in an unexpected rain shower?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
AlphaSteve

Drives: IOM Camaro SS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
Wait you took your wipers OFF, what happens when you get caught in an unexpected rain shower?
Oops I didn't think of that
I have them in the trunk, but I always check the weather, I live 5 minutes from work and rarely go out of town.

Tags
catalyst, ecm pcm, error codes, lean, throttle