Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #71
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Nope alternator bracket was twisted slipping off and crank pully was eating the belt! Can't say enough about the Guys at Lingenfelter going above and beyond to get us on the track put a whole new 10 rib system on and even gave me an extra belt how cool is that!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Cool was it the rear belt drive that broke? your car is hot too man. I bet you kill them in the car shows.

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #72
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Wow thats awesome service! Who made your original 10 rib pully system? My belt is slipping and I only have 8lbs right now!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #73
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
It was from Lingenfelter likely damaged in shipping to Jannettey's but like I said can't say enough about either shop or there service! Now for UPS and Fed-EX I've had my issues!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #74
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
aww I see, I have had great service with Ted too. He is the man!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #75
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Sorry guys for the late reply here... A lightning strike on Sunday knocked out my home PC and Modem. Finally got fixed this morning.

LMAO... You tree'd everyone you came up against. If there was a driver award it would be yours..

Here's the list from day one... these are all hard copy and it takes a bit of time to put together.

There were just over 600 runs for both days.

Attachment 409143

Attachment 409144

Make that 3 days with a flat tire in Shreveport.

Had to get a new tire on the rear and just replaced a front 3 weeks ago..

We originally started out breaking all cars out by street tires or DR's... then it just got to be too many classes as those with DR's definitely want to run them. So in an effort to keep it simple we went with the unlimited V8 and V6... Then a N/A class and brackets for everyone.

The M6 class came about due to discussions in the Drag Racing thread and was just an add-on for guys who wanted to give it a shot. I fully expected the A6 guys to chime in, but there were no objections. It also became our second biggest class and did help out with keeping some of the slower cars out of the V8 unlimited. Unfortunately it left the A6 guys w/ blowers and turbos in the unlimted class which was our largest class. We will fix this next year.

You make a good point about indexing, but I think now that we have felt things out for the 1st time, more street tire classes will be in the works as most folks drive to the fest and don't have room for spare tires.

The V6 cars had a very poor showing so this one could be just lumped into bracket racing, however we do want to show off our fastest V6 car somehow.

The past 2 Fests were just about running cars and just having fun with it, especially with all the new drivers. This was the first attempt at putting together some serious competition and it will no doubt improve as we go. The guys in the tower were AWESOME and gave us a lot of good tips going forward... especially while working AutoX and Drag Racing simultaneously.

This year, the main goal was to showcase our fastest cars in the finals and make sure everyone got plenty of test and tune fun runs down the track. With all of your help and constructive comments we will definitely get better next year.
You all did great...better each year...Next year should be awesome!

#229 was me
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #76
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I only know these:

1st Place #523- Chris Lewis - SSMagna
2nd Place #500- James Maguire - Supercharged SS
3rd Place #538- Mark Carlyle - I believe this was Darth_Emma's driver
4th Place #542- Owen Priest - ARDLS1
Yes, Car #538 was my car. Mark Carlyle was driving it for the test and tune at the Fest (I don't have my NHRA comp. license yet). He did me a huge favor by driving it.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #77
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Yes, Car #538 was my car. Mark Carlyle was driving it for the test and tune at the Fest (I don't have my NHRA comp. license yet). He did me a huge favor by driving it.
I'll bet you can't wait to drive her. Just be careful with that crazy beast!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #78
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I'll bet you can't wait to drive her. Just be careful with that crazy beast!
I may be picking her up tomorrow!

There is more to do on it, but I am going to hold off a few weeks on those things. I want to drive it while I can.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #79
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Here is the last video we got. It is of the first round of the V6 races. Ruby Wins. One of my club members put 2 goPro Cameras on Ruby for the 2nd round that Ruby red lighted. He will load that one soon I & will share it too.
http://youtu.be/osijvtGmXMc
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #80
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
You all did great...better each year...Next year should be awesome!

#229 was me
Did you see that white car on 22s cut a 1.8x sixty foot! lol,glad you had a good time.I think the class got a late start but most everyone jumped in when they heard about it.Not taking anything away from guys that bought autos but it takes alot more to get a high hp car down the track on street tires using a stick than the auto,the auto will be faster with the same power everytime but when you have to shift it the et comes from the driver,not the power.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #81
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
yeah I have a bone stock NA V8 M6. one of the reasons I didn't run this year was because it seemed silly to race against the other cars in the class, all of which were obviously faster than me. Without the time to get to a track and practice, I didn't see how I could win, and I thought there'd be WAAAAYYYYY more drivers involved. had I known there'd be a full day 1/2 of test n tune, even if i only averaged a run an hour, it'd still seem worth it.

That being said, I know how frustrating it is to compete in an event where you're paired up with competition that simply has you outclassed. However, from a spectators perspective, there were still plenty of great and entertaining races. If the classes were too narrow, spectators are often left with just watching who got better hole shots (especially with the autos). some of the races where guys get treed and then squeak it out at the end.

either way, great races!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #82
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Did you see that white car on 22s cut a 1.8x sixty foot! lol,glad you had a good time.I think the class got a late start but most everyone jumped in when they heard about it.Not taking anything away from guys that bought autos but it takes alot more to get a high hp car down the track on street tires using a stick than the auto,the auto will be faster with the same power everytime but when you have to shift it the et comes from the driver,not the power.
That 60' is killer... I used to have an auto w/ 22's and I think I broke 2.0 once. Should have let you drive my Z as my best was 1.9X and then I missed 3rd gear...

Friday morning I walked the tech line looking for manuals with street tires signing them up. This was a fun class and a great suggestion you made..
Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #83
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That 60' is killer... I used to have an auto w/ 22's and I think I broke 2.0 once. Should have let you drive my Z as my best was 1.9X and then I missed 3rd gear...

Friday morning I walked the tech line looking for manuals with street tires signing them up. This was a fun class and a great suggestion you made..
Awesome lol,yea everyone seem to have fun ,thats the main thing and you did i heck of a job!I have cut 1.7x sixtys with the 22s,ive cut 17xs with my gto runnning a 225/35/20 lol. I will be able to get in the 1.6x on the 22s when i get time to set it up.You have a sweet ride for sure i would think zls could get in the 1.7xs on the sixty ,just takes a lil practice.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #84
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
I wanna cut a sub 2 in my car with just a CAI and LT's with the stock perellis so bad just to say I did it lol. I was cutting 2.06's consistently at the fest just couldn't get it lower.

SGT Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote