Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
SOLO Mach XL cat-back + Noweeds diverters

Well, I finally got the Noweeds diverters installed today. I once again forgot to bring my camera to the shop but once I get home or tomorrow I'll take a vid to show. I went to a local speed shop for the install. It took some manipulation but it fit. The pipes by the X pipe i think had a more downward slope than stock but it's on now. I can smell the exhaust a bit now, granted that I had the windows open & was in idle with the diverters fully open. I closed the windows and while sitting in traffic I could still smell a little exhaust, but it might have been just some fumes still stuck in the cabin. I'm not sure if it's coming up from the hole that was drilled underneath the driver's seat but doubt it. I know that when I first installed my cat-back exhaust, there was a weird smell coming from the back for a little while as the pipes were breaking in but that went away. I kind of smell the same from the diverters. Hoping that goes away also. The sound is INSANE...!!! I was turning all kinds of heads driving down the street. The installer was impressed with the quality of the system. An outstanding job..!!! Sitting in idle it sounds "TOUGH" . The exhaust note from the SOLO system is soo sweet at idle and has a deep muscle car tone at throttle. But now with the Noweeds system fully opened when you hit the throttle the car just sounds like it's on STEROIDS...!!! . The tech guy stopped traffic for me to pull out, so I knew that it was clear. I opened the diverters and stomped on the throttle....... OMG!!! The car breathed fire as it drifted into the turn and hauled a$$ down the road. As I looked into my rear view mirror, all I saw was about a dozen people giving me . Steve thanks for such an awesome system and thanks to Jeff & Steve for their SOLO system as well.

UPDATE: This is day two and I'm still am i awe at the sound that this system produces. I must admit that the AFM is really annoying with the diverters opened. The exhaust smell has gone away. This system hangs a notch lower than the frame, so I will have to check for clearance before I install my Eibach Pro springs. I might see if I can have the guy put some kind of "skid" plate for protection. Quite a few of the guys from work have come out to check out the Maro since it's mods & they are just in amazement of everything about this car. They love the deep muscle tone of the SOLO Mach XL. But when I open the diverters... Their jaws just drop. It's quite funny. Everyone loves the sound of both these systems...

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C

Last edited by eddie SS; 11-18-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: update
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Albion

Drives: IOM 1ss
Cool write-up.
Cant wait for my own install.Was the siting of the switch on the side of the seat fairly straight forward?
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

It was a straight forward install. Very good instructions.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
That's really great! I can't wait to hear the videos!!!
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie SS View Post
But now with the Noweeds system fully opened when you hit the throttle the car just sounds like it's on STEROIDS...!!! . The tech guy stopped traffic for me to pull out, so I knew that it was clear. I opened the diverters and stomped on the throttle....... OMG!!! The car breathed fire as it drifted into the turn and hauled a$$ down the road. As I looked into my rear view mirror, all I saw was about a dozen people giving me . Steve thanks for such an awesome system and thanks to Jeff & Steve for their SOLO system as well.
Hey Eddie, Nice review- and you are so welcome. Glad you are diggin' it! Sounds like this SOLO system and ours was a good match

Steve
now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
Hey Eddie, Nice review- and you are so welcome. Glad you are diggin' it! Sounds like this SOLO system and ours was a good match

Steve
Definitely...I have to admit...I am really psyched to hear and see the videos...I have heard your kit on a stock setup and it sounded great!!! It's a very well-made product. Kudos to you!
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Great Write up Eddie. Now I have to add the noweeds to my list of mods!

Looking forward to the video!!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Day two and all is well... I provided an update on my original post.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
A video plus some under-car pictures of the diverters is going to be needed.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Please let us know if you will be able to lower the car with this system.
I'm considering the Noweeds, but I definately wont to drop it 1" or so.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #12
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
Been a few days since Edddie said he would post a video.......
Old 11-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Sorry guys but it's been hectic at work and this weekend has been equally busy. I went out yesterday and attempted to take some video but it didn't come out that great due to the windy conditions. There was alot of back ground noise. I'll try to post them for now until I can get better video. Please keep in mind that it was really windy and it drowned out the sound of the exhaust.

I did go out to the Staten Island, N.Y. meet and got positive response from several people there. Once I get a chance to edit what I took, it will be posted.

Last edited by eddie SS; 11-23-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: upgate
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #14
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHURRY View Post
Please let us know if you will be able to lower the car with this system.
I'm considering the Noweeds, but I definately wont to drop it 1" or so.
I'll let you know soon.