Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #169
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokn' View Post
i agree no coffee for me, but cooled cupholders would be balln'
I admit that the heated cupholders could be used to heat my yummy Dunkin Donuts White Hot Chocolate or Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate during the winter though. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:47 AM   #170
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
The cup holders fall into the same category as the ashtray for me. Not going to be used for what it was named. Probably change holder and cell phone holder.
i'm right there with you. "change" tray and "cell phone" holder. that's what i use them for
Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #171
svgwpb

Drives: 2006 audi a4
i waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nt this car now.
svgwpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #172
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My Camaro wont be a dining room. Id could care less about cup holders. What a lousy feature to debate..

And heated cup holders, winter tires? My camaro will never see a winter road. Ever!

All that matters to me is I'm driving an awe inspiring dream of a car with power and style. And my two favorite letters on the grille....S, and S!!
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #173
Robehren

Drives: BMW M3 E92: 420 HP of v8 fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgwpb View Post
i waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nt this car now.
Well spoken. I feel compelled to agree.

The option most needed though, by far is megan fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
im dead serious, if that car had a ******, id leave my gf.

proud founder of the BMW M3 owners group
Robehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #174
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Ok on page 8 can someone tell me which one is the concept? The 1st one or the 2nd one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
My Camaro wont be a dining room. Id could care less about cup holders. What a lousy feature to debate..

And heated cup holders, winter tires? My camaro will never see a winter road. Ever!

All that matters to me is I'm driving an awe inspiring dream of a car with power and style. And my two favorite letters on the grille....S, and S!!
I feel you about the winter thing man. I won't be driving mine in the winter or on rainy days! And whats up with the heated cup holders yo? I want my drink cold. LOL!
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #175
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
Ok on page 8 can someone tell me which one is the concept? The 1st one or the 2nd one.
Concept is on the left.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #176
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Concept is on the left.
Actually...it's on the right.

Check out the directionals, and the "mail-slot" scoop.
Crazy the resemblance they share, isn't it?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #177
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Actually...it's on the right.

Check out the directionals, and the "mail-slot" scoop.
Crazy the resemblance they share, isn't it?
Sorry...you're correct. I should have looked at it again before I commented. I thought I remembered it being on the left.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #178
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Cooled cut holders. My Gatorade and Green tea all day. HELL YA. Mostly when I do the 5 hr commute to Orlando on the weekends.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #179
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
tire rotation is not required on modern tires. its a hold over from old tires (Bias ply) i had a pair of continental high performance all season tires last me 45K miles on my colorado. i never rotated them once and they wore even.
Sorry Head but I have to disagree about rotation. Maybe it's not necessary on most cars but it is on 4X4 with independent front suspension. Wide tires on independent suspensions have a tendency to "cup", particularly on the inside tread surface. I've had several rigs that this is an inherent problem, not specific to any particular car maker. It is recommended to rotate front to rear every 3-5000 miles. Maybe we have a tire salesman on here somewhere that can confirm this.

I've seen other comments on here about the difference in tire size from front to rear on the Camaro preventing rotation. If tire "cupping" is the reason to rotate tires then it wouldn't do any good to rotate on a Camaro since cupping is caused by independent suspension and the Camaro is independent all the way around. The only wear you would even out by rotating is wear on the corners of the tread caused by side forces during turning. The only benefit you would get from rotation is to have all four tires rounded on the corners, if you consider that a benefit.

Under normal driving conditions front tires wear faster due to cornering (steering) side force on the front. Rear tires aren't exposed to nearly as much side force, they will last much longer, provided you're not doing burnouts every two miles. If you think about it in those terms, by not rotating rear to front, the rears will last signifigantly longer compared to the fronts wearing quicker. It's not necessary to replace all four tires at the same time. Therefore if the fronts wear faster but the rears last longer, it evens out in the long run. It shouldn't cost any more for tire maintenance in a given time frame. Just my opinion and my logic, doesn't mean it will work for everyone, or for every vehicle. All of us drive differently in different conditions on different roads.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #180
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Sorry Head but I have to disagree about rotation. Maybe it's not necessary on most cars but it is on 4X4 with independent front suspension. Wide tires on independent suspensions have a tendency to "cup", particularly on the inside tread surface. I've had several rigs that this is an inherent problem, not specific to any particular car maker. It is recommended to rotate front to rear every 3-5000 miles. Maybe we have a tire salesman on here somewhere that can confirm this.

I've seen other comments on here about the difference in tire size from front to rear on the Camaro preventing rotation. If tire "cupping" is the reason to rotate tires then it wouldn't do any good to rotate on a Camaro since cupping is caused by independent suspension and the Camaro is independent all the way around. The only wear you would even out by rotating is wear on the corners of the tread caused by side forces during turning. The only benefit you would get from rotation is to have all four tires rounded on the corners, if you consider that a benefit.

Under normal driving conditions front tires wear faster due to cornering (steering) side force on the front. Rear tires aren't exposed to nearly as much side force, they will last much longer, provided you're not doing burnouts every two miles. If you think about it in those terms, by not rotating rear to front, the rears will last signifigantly longer compared to the fronts wearing quicker. It's not necessary to replace all four tires at the same time. Therefore if the fronts wear faster but the rears last longer, it evens out in the long run. It shouldn't cost any more for tire maintenance in a given time frame. Just my opinion and my logic, doesn't mean it will work for everyone, or for every vehicle. All of us drive differently in different conditions on different roads.
Your logic may be flawed here.

The fronts will wear on the edges faster, especially if you drive agressively.

The rears will wear all the way across faster as that's where the power is getting to the ground.

I predict you'll have worn edges on the front, bald rears, and thus need to replace all 4.

However, with the power and torque of this car, I'm still gonna say the rears will wear out before the edges on the front.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #181
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
The fronts on my Yukon 4x4 wear way faster then my backs and I have to rotate once a year.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #182
roeinondubs

Drives: 1968 camaro Z/28,05 Altima 3.5
question??

if i add the sun roof do i loose the reverse Mohawk???
roeinondubs is offline   Reply With Quote