Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #113
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Garber Chevy in Green Cove Springs, FL

I bought my car from Garber in Michigan but had it delivered here at Garber in Florida. Great experience. Also take my car there for any issues and oil changes. Their service department has been fantastic with my car.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #114
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Pretty weird timing...

http://youtu.be/HY_LERqQL0I
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #115
RagTopBee

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS 'vert
Dealership - Roy Robinson Chevrolet, Marysville, WA
Old 05-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #116
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagTopBee View Post
Dealership - Roy Robinson Chevrolet, Marysville, WA
Why.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #117
Harry.S

Drives: 2011 2lt black Camaro
stealership: Chase Chevrolet, Stockton CA

Been in and out for over a year for an oil consumption on my 2lt. Wouldn't tell me what the problem is, ran 3 consumption tests...after a year they told me it is completely normal after it burnt 7 quarts within 4 days.
Filed for lemon
Harry.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #118
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Dealership: Camino Real Chevrolet - Monterey Park, CA

i worked with Sara McKinney in Fleet. she gave me my GM Supplier discount back in 2009 when most still had mark-ups.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #119
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That's what the scoring system is for. If a member rates the dealership as a "Dealership" (or Positive) it gets +1, then if another member rates them as a "Stealership" (or Negative) they get a -1. Which results in the dealership having a score of 0, and it being in black.

Make sense?
My bad, Stig...

I am guilty of not reading and comprehending your OP in full.

Makes total sense to me.

Now, it looks like you forgot to list my dealership on your list.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #120
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Dealership: Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, MD

Bought my first car here and was treated well. The service department is also great. Have three stories:
Went in for a headlight issue [left headlight had a pink hue while the right was normal white], they scratched my bumper while removing it. The service advisor told me about it and scheduled another day to fix it. I thought this was cool as they could've gave it back and left it for me to find days later with no proof that they did it.

I also went to get some tires mounted and balanced on my new Axis rims at the Merchants. I made an appointment early in the morning a week in advance, yet they had me there four hours and haven't even touched my car. I was told I was "17th" in line and I nearly had a heart attack. So I walked over to Sport [across the street], asked if they could slide me in, and they did so within the next hour and at half the cost Merchants were going to charge [$40 vs $90].

Sometime last year I took my door apart, handles and everything and it closed on me. Without a way to open it back up and not being able to mess with the lock/unlock mechanism from the little window gap, I dropped it off and said do whatever it takes. They got it back to me the same afternoon.

Also my service advisor is pretty cute.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #121
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Dealership: Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, MD

Bought my first car here and was treated well. The service department is also great. Have three stories:
Went in for a headlight issue [left headlight had a pink hue while the right was normal white], they scratched my bumper while removing it. The service advisor told me about it and scheduled another day to fix it. I thought this was cool as they could've gave it back and left it for me to find days later with no proof that they did it.

I also went to get some tires mounted and balanced on my new Axis rims at the Merchants. I made an appointment early in the morning a week in advance, yet they had me there four hours and haven't even touched my car. I was told I was "17th" in line and I nearly had a heart attack. So I walked over to Sport [across the street], asked if they could slide me in, and they did so within the next hour and at half the cost Merchants were going to charge [$40 vs $90].

Sometime last year I took my door apart, handles and everything and it closed on me. Without a way to open it back up and not being able to mess with the lock/unlock mechanism from the little window gap, I dropped it off and said do whatever it takes. They got it back to me the same afternoon.

Also my service advisor is pretty cute.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #122
byrosol
Thunderclap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Awesome Dealership in Leonardtown MD, Winegardner Motor Company (GMC, Chevy).

I had to take my car in for three things. Right speaker was blown, Driver seat control bezel was broken off, and the passenger mass airbag sensor went bad.

All were replaced, and in the process they called me to inform me each step of the way.

The only thing that made me shake my head was at how much the passenger airbag sensor was to replace, alone it was 450 bucks for one, seems kind of pricey.

Other than that, I think I will take my car to this dealership from now on for all my needs.
- 20% tint
- Spyder CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
- Barton Pistol Grip Shifter
- Bumblebee custom stripe kit
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #123
HotWheel
Adan

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels edition V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Somebody else may have a verrrrrry different opinion on this one !!!
Long story, but I was standing right next to the manager looking at the interest rates and payments and such on his screen. There was no "write down a number and I'll come back." I felt the whole thing was very transparent. I have purchased over 15 new cars and this was definitely a top 5 experience.
HotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #124
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Stig, Might want to identify town for Paradise Chevy on your OP list. There are two Paradise Chevrolets in Ca. that I know of. One in Temecula and One in Ventura. The one in Ventura has been great to me. They even put on a Monthly Car meet for free with BBQ for anyone that wants to come and any car. Great place and great people.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #125
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Stig, Might want to identify town for Paradise Chevy on your OP list. There are two Paradise Chevrolets in Ca. that I know of. One in Temecula and One in Ventura. The one in Ventura has been great to me. They even put on a Monthly Car meet for free with BBQ for anyone that wants to come and any car. Great place and great people.
Done
Old 05-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #126
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Dealership= Linder Chevrolet in Canon city Colorado (Excellent service. Very knowledgable staff in service and parts dept. Great customer service. Willing to go the extra mile to take car of any issues. Example: Researched and diagnosed the problem with my Halo's and got it fixed the first try. Replaced whole rear end when the problem was found to be something more. Other dealer wanted to just patch fix it. Replaced dash and pushed for the warrenty to cover it even when the warrenty had expired.)

Stealership= Spradley Chevrolet in Pueblo Colorado ( Very overpriced in products and services. Knowledge as far as service department and services, very poor. Couldn't find the problem in 3 tries of the fix. Customer service is slow and very unattentive. Threw parts at car in attempt to fix the problem and still didn't fix it. Parts were ordered and forgotten to call me when they were in. Parts were sent back and had to be re-ordered. Paint issue was not going to be taken care of until I had to prove it was a manufacture problem.)