Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #1009
Bounty600

Drives: 1989 Firebird GTA, 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
I am really sorry for what happened to your car. This thread isn't for asking for stuff sorry and you only have like 5 post so maybe you shouldn't be asking for free stuff. Sorry that is just my thoughts on it.

If I'm not mistaken that's exactly what it's for? Paying it forward; in general is an unbiased form of giving with the understanding that the receiving party will do the same down the road. Look up the definition for it, better yet read the first page of this thread. Thanks for the condolences, as mendacious as they were, it's good to see how polite you can be about it.
Bounty600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #1010
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I am sorry but if you look at post 14 on the first page it says not to ask for anything but give things. I want you to know I am not trying to be a jerk. I really like this thread and I have received things and given many things.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #1011
wholloway6

Drives: 2012 2LT RS M6
Quote:
I am really sorry for what happened to your car. This thread isn't for asking for stuff sorry and you only have like 5 post so maybe you shouldn't be asking for free stuff. Sorry that is just my thoughts on it.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I fully agree.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
+1
Quote:
I am sorry but if you look at post 14 on the first page it says not to ask for anything but give things. I want you to know I am not trying to be a jerk. I really like this thread and I have received things and given many things.
+1

Yeah, don't think anyone is being a jerk, just the way it is.. This isn't a place to ask for stuff. It has been mentioned over and over.
wholloway6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #1012
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Anyone interested in giving me their SS Camaro? I'll pay shipping
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #1013
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
Anyone interested in giving me their SS Camaro? I'll pay shipping
I'll send you my 1LE if someone sends me their ZL1. PIF, right?
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #1014
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty600 View Post
If I'm not mistaken that's exactly what it's for? Paying it forward; in general is an unbiased form of giving with the understanding that the receiving party will do the same down the road. Look up the definition for it, better yet read the first page of this thread. Thanks for the condolences, as mendacious as they were, it's good to see how polite you can be about it.
The main purpose of this thread is to look for items you need (previously posted), not ask for them.

Last edited by nyrfan; 02-15-2013 at 12:08 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #1015
Bounty600

Drives: 1989 Firebird GTA, 2012 Camaro SS
I was looking for things I needed. I didn't ask for a new car, I asked if anyone had any spare parts and I offered to pay for the shipping because I know it's expensive and it was asking alot. I wasn't looking for a free ride, I was looking for a good Samaritan. Honestly, I thought there would be a bit more camaraderie over the situation instead of this but hey I still got something from all of you; the most apathetic and biased qualities. So, thanks for that, I'm sure your adventures in benevolence will go well as you trade among each other. I'll be sure to PIF to actual random individuals for you 5, with some act other than mockery and ridicule. Thanks again for the condolences.
Bounty600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #1016
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by only the beSSt View Post
I'll send you my 1LE if someone sends me their ZL1. PIF, right?
What's PIF?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #1017
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Pay It Forward

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #1018
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
I was looking for things I needed. I didn't ask for a new car, I asked if anyone had any spare parts and I offered to pay for the shipping because I know it's expensive and it was asking alot. I wasn't looking for a free ride, I was looking for a good Samaritan. Honestly, I thought there would be a bit more camaraderie over the situation instead of this but hey I still got something from all of you; the most apathetic and biased qualities. So, thanks for that, I'm sure your adventures in benevolence will go well as you trade among each other. I'll be sure to PIF to actual random individuals for you 5, with some act other than mockery and ridicule. Thanks again for the condolences.
I wasn't mocking you, that is just my sense of humor and it wasn't towards you. I would do the exact same thing as you if I needed something. I'm new to this pay it forward and free give aways so I don't know the rules. I don't believe others should mock you for asking for things. But maybe you could PM people instead of asking on this forum since it "violates" the rules. If I had these parts. I would give them to you. I just don't have the ability to give them away
Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #1019
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Seriously! You’re going to come here with your handful of posts and dictate how your version of how PIF should be. This has been a very successfully section and we don’t need it overrun by people asking for items, that’s not how PIF works and that's NOT the intent of this section. You want to ask for items there are plenty of places in the main marketplace where people are selling things. If that does not work for you, there is always your insurance company.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #1020
BiGDaWgZ

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:

I'll probably come off as a jerk here...but....

This feels more like pan-handling than PIF.

You actually WERE looking for a free ride...minus the shipping.

Please explain what you mean when you say "Camaraderie over this situation"?

WHAT situation?

The only "situation" that I see is the fact that you wrecked your car and want members of a forum that you've barely participated in to "Take Care of it" for you??

Since it's been mentioned...why isn't the insurance company doing that ?

"CONDOLENCES" aren't what most people expect when they run into a curb...or have a slight wreck with their car (unless you experience a loss of life or other tragic event at the time... or something like that)

The part that really gets to me is that you then want to try to put a guilt trip on people because they don't want to jump up and send you what you asked for.

Which is, to be honest, some parts that aren't really cheap.... (you aren't asking for a hotwheel or decal here)...without either having:

1. A history of any sort with the people that you're asking to send you these things.
2. A backstory about the incident that would cause people to want to GIVE you hundreds of $'s worth of parts that could easily top over $1000 (depending on what you want given to you for the front suspension & brake parts)...at the drop of a hat.
3. An explanation as to why you aren't having your insurance take care of it...or other family members or REAL LIFE friends....that will help you out.
4. Some kind of actual proof that said events even happened...

I could go on...and on...about things like the fact that you never even explained exactly what you were doing when you hit this curb...etc..etc...etc.

But it boils down to this:

This is the InterWeBz.....and people scam other people every second of every day.

WHY should people here send you some expensive wheels....a tire...and other "Steering and Suspension woes" parts for the front end of a car that you recently wrecked ??

Simply because you've been out of work for 2 months?

I hate to hear that you're in that situation but there's always...and I mean ALWAYS work that can found and done.

I'm not saying this is you...but alot of people, nowadays, think that working part time at a gas station or restaurant or doing other manual labor for cash is beneath them, but I beg to differ and I've done many jobs that I didn't want to do over the years.

I don't care where you're located at here in the U.S.

I pretty much guarantee you that there is a job, some job, to be found.

I've never understood when people use that as an excuse for anything...I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that, I'm just saying that there is some kind of work to do to save up the money it would take to fix your car yourself.

If not, maybe you should sell it and get a more affordable car, until you get back on your feet or what have you.

I know I've had to do the same, a time or two, over the years.

It's never the funnest thing to do but it is the responsible thing to do until you can get into a better position...because let's face it...if sliding into a curb puts you into such dire straits that you have to literally ask strangers to help you fix it...well...that pretty much says that you can't really afford what you're driving right now and maybe you should re-think it?

I'm sorry if that sounds or seems harsh to you but that's just how it is in the world that I was brought up in.

I think one of the other problems here is that you really do NOT know or care what PIF means.

Other members here tried to explain to you that this isn't a "PIF" type situation/scenario...but you jumped on them like they were asking to date your sister or something.

PIF is when someone does a favor or provides a service or item for another person...out of the kindness in their heart....many times it's a completely random act.

Usually it happens after another person has done the same for them.

It isn't the same as "Charity"...really.....and in my opinion it DEFINITELY isn't the place to "ASK" others for anything.

You also come off a bit condescending...when you're chastising these same people that you are asking to take care of your problem(s).....when they call you out on the fact that you're doing it in the PIF section..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Seriously! You’re going to come here with your handful of posts and dictate how your version of how PIF should be. This has been a very successfully section and we don’t need it overrun by people asking for items, that’s not how PIF works and that's NOT the intent of this section. You want to ask for items there are plenty of places in the main marketplace where people are selling things. If that does not work for you, there is always your insurance company.
WELL SAID !

2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #1021
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I agree with everything said. Nyrfan is right, this thread is very successful just how it is, and one of the rules is not ASKING for something.

On top of ALL of the previously said, I will not "pay forward" anything to somebody driving a $40,000+ car with $10,000 in modifications. I'd rather give back to people like me, in college, driving an LS, just TRYING to be part of something awesome. If you've got $50k+ in something, why not pass on the stupid little badges and stock air boxes to somebody that might actually NEED it.

As my parents said, if you can't afford the insurance or the gas, you can't afford the car.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #1022
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I don't look on here much anymore but I agree that instead of expecting others to donate to you, seek out your insurance agent. Or ask family.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote