Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #323
Crazycoot

Drives: '13 ZL1 M6
Raleigh/Durham NC here. Anyone active in the area?
Girlfriend is also a bobcats cheerleader in Charlotte so I'm out that way often too.
Crazycoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #324
Sly

Drives: 2010 & 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS & 2SS/RS
Raleigh area here. Would have been more active on here the past couple of months, but unfortunately my new 2013 2SS ended up as a mangled pile of metal a couple months back. I've been recuperating for a while, and finally getting back into the game.

Here's what someone pulling out in front of you at 60 mph does.

Here's the end result of the driver that was too busy texting, and this isn't the side we made impact on.

Here's the new ride that's already got a slew of parts ordered and more on the list.

It's not a 2013 or a 2SS, but it's a good starter for modding since the warranty will expire fairly soon anyway. Without the 2013 payments on my back, mods should be fairly quick.
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #325
Crazycoot

Drives: '13 ZL1 M6
Wow glad you're ok. What road was that on? Did the other guy survive?

I don't think it matters if its a 2011,12,13. Not enough of a difference between them for me to care. I actually think the 10,12 stock wheels look nicer anyway.

Do you ever make it out to cars and coffee? What mods are you doing to it? Ive got mine in the shop right now getting the ZL1 bumper put on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Raleigh area here. Would have been more active on here the past couple of months, but unfortunately my new 2013 2SS ended up as a mangled pile of metal a couple months back. I've been recuperating for a while, and finally getting back into the game.

Here's what someone pulling out in front of you at 60 mph does.

Here's the end result of the driver that was too busy texting, and this isn't the side we made impact on.

Here's the new ride that's already got a slew of parts ordered and more on the list.

It's not a 2013 or a 2SS, but it's a good starter for modding since the warranty will expire fairly soon anyway. Without the 2013 payments on my back, mods should be fairly quick.
Crazycoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #326
SSRedTerror

Drives: 2011 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Nice ride, but treat her well and stay off that low octane gas.
Good call. I ran that one tank of regular through it before I realized it. MPG's plummeted and the car ran like dog crap. Haven't made that mistake again.

And wow Sly, glad you survived that one.
SSRedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #327
Sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycoot View Post
Wow glad you're ok. What road was that on? Did the other guy survive?

I don't think it matters if its a 2011,12,13. Not enough of a difference between them for me to care. I actually think the 10,12 stock wheels look nicer anyway.

Do you ever make it out to cars and coffee? What mods are you doing to it? Ive got mine in the shop right now getting the ZL1 bumper put on.
It wasn't in Raleigh. Out in the sticks of Sampson county. The other guy survived. He has a broken vertebrae though, so it's turning out to be the most expensive text of his life.

Haven't been to cars and coffee. Not a big coffee fan, but would still like to go for the cars. Just haven't had the chance to check it out yet due to everything going on. -_-

Right now the only mod is a custom harness from Ofer. A mix between the Virginia legal DRL and halo harness. Still working my way down my list. Next up, Elite catch can.

It already has a K&N CAI and tinted windows that I didn't install. 34.6% total on the driver and passenger side, 32.2% on the back quarters. Haven't checked the very back window yet, but I'm guessing it would be 32.2% as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRedTerror View Post
Thanks. It definitely put me under the weather for a while.

Last edited by Sly; 12-09-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #328
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRedTerror View Post
Good call. I ran that one tank of regular through it before I realized it. MPG's plummeted and the car ran like dog crap. Haven't made that mistake again.

I see you are from shelby. Gastonia here. You ever been to Shady Side? If so how is it?
Old 12-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #329
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
I'm looking at picking up a Camaro here in Raleigh in the spiring.

I normally use a supplier discount to buy cars, so I'm more looking for feedback on the regional dealers here. I live in Wake Forest and every Chevy dealer is 'far' away from me by Raleigh standards.

So far I've talked to Sir Walter Raleigh as It's the most convenient location wise. Any feedback on the service department? I haven't gone over to Hendrick as I bought an Audi over there and going in for services was such a hassle with my constantly breaking A4 Cabriolet back in '03. I can only imagine that drive has gotten even more annoying.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #330
Sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
I'm looking at picking up a Camaro here in Raleigh in the spiring.

I normally use a supplier discount to buy cars, so I'm more looking for feedback on the regional dealers here. I live in Wake Forest and every Chevy dealer is 'far' away from me by Raleigh standards.

So far I've talked to Sir Walter Raleigh as It's the most convenient location wise. Any feedback on the service department? I haven't gone over to Hendrick as I bought an Audi over there and going in for services was such a hassle with my constantly breaking A4 Cabriolet back in '03. I can only imagine that drive has gotten even more annoying.
You could try calling Chris Leith and see if they have anything there.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...e+Forest%2C+NC

I think they used to sell Chevrolets, and it shows up on Google Maps with Chevrolet. It looks like they only do Dodge and Kia though, because their website only lists Kia and Dodge under new vehicle makers. It could be an outdated Google entry, or it could be that their website is outdated.

It's only a 7 minute drive from the center of Wake Forest, though. A lot better than a 40 minute drive to Hendrick. There's also Ellington-Brim Chevrolet north west of you in Creedmoor. It's a 25 minute drive.

http://www.ellington-brimchevrolet.com/

I've never been to any of these, so I can't say how good they are. I use a local dealer south east of Raleigh.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #331
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Just wanted to invite all NC members to the 2nd Annual NC Camaro Gathering coming up in April. Going to be a GREAT time. Here is the link..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326764 or on Face book at...
https://www.facebook.com/events/560201510721874/
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #332
h0rse

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT A6
I'm in Lewisville (W-S Area). Got my 1st Camaro as a gift for my wife and my 15 wedding anniversary this past, March. We are going to try and drive down on the Saturday for the NC Drive In, if not both days (work schedule and all..lol).
What do we need to do to join the Carolina Camaro Club? Went to the website and not sure if all I have to do is join the forum and you send me the info, or is there another form to send along with the payment. Sorry this is so long, but thank you in advance. We look forward to meeting fellow 5th Gen owners.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #333
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
I'm Bill from the RTP area rolling the 5th gen Camaro ZL1.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #334
hypractv

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS RS 1LE
2014 SW 2SS RS 1LE from Raleigh, NC
hypractv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #335
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rse View Post
I'm in Lewisville (W-S Area). Got my 1st Camaro as a gift for my wife and my 15 wedding anniversary this past, March. We are going to try and drive down on the Saturday for the NC Drive In, if not both days (work schedule and all..lol).
What do we need to do to join the Carolina Camaro Club? Went to the website and not sure if all I have to do is join the forum and you send me the info, or is there another form to send along with the payment. Sorry this is so long, but thank you in advance. We look forward to meeting fellow 5th Gen owners.
PM sent. Thanks for your interest.
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #336
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
PM sent. Thanks for your interest.
Interested also........

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote