Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
It's Spring Time - Calling CamaroDreams07

My very sincere call out to my friend and all of C5's, CamaroDreams07!

I am going to need all kinds of help this coming season after SNOWPOCALYPSE 2015 in the Northeast. I trust and respect your input, please come back!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I don't understand. What do you need with???
Old 04-22-2015, 07:21 PM   #3
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I don't understand. What do you need with???
I need his input and gentle advice.

I just miss his skills and great information. Plus he is really a good guy.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
My very sincere call out to my friend and all of C5's, CamaroDreams07!

I am going to need all kinds of help this coming season after SNOWPOCALYPSE 2015 in the Northeast. I trust and respect your input, please come back
We are here !!!! Looking forward to the summer!! And tons of detailing. It's lovebug season here in Tampa, Florida. Yikes
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #5
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
CD7 might be over in google+ .. i know he has a detailer group there as well.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Yea I'm pretty sure he's not going to come back to the forum.

Too many people have burned him here, after providing so much support and time he still gets the few that come along that are complete assholes, especially after asking from his help previously. Don't blame him.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #7
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Yea I'm pretty sure he's not going to come back to the forum.

Too many people have burned him here, after providing so much support and time he still gets the few that come along that are complete assholes, especially after asking from his help previously. Don't blame him.
Too bad. Left right before I came back

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 04-23-2015, 11:54 PM   #8
Tecca

Drives: ...
Can't say I don't blame him, this is why I left two years ago. Problem is, it seems worse now than it was back then. There is probably only 2 maybe 3 people I would actually listen too here on this board.

Now this forum is just a good stress relief because you get a chuckle every time you read a post because of all the bad advise given.

It would be nice to see Matt around as I have not talked to him in a long time.

Maybe he would if fanboys would shut their mouths and listen to someone with actual knowledge and not act like they know everything because they tried brand A and had mild success which made them an elite detailer.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:36 AM   #9
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
A few of you guys and CD07 got me into detailing. I know in no way am i an elite detailer and i wont ever be. His detailing/product recommendations got me trying stuff other than turtle wax from advanced auto.

There's a few of you that surely know your stuff and your input is greatly appreciated. My Camaro and I thank you.

This isn't just a detailing problem, its an entire C5 problem. There's a lot of people on here that think they know they are right and give wrong information, and then will argue and flame people who disagree.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:33 AM   #10
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Well I have only been a member a short time and this forum has been VERY helpful. I read many posts daily and this helps to get to know who has the real experience and knowledge. My experience so far as a member has been great and made owning my Camaro more fun. Thanks to all the real grown ups on this forum. Us newbies need you!!!
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
Old 04-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #11
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
I agree that many can be jerks. I will always listen and then try. If it doesn't work, so be it. May work for some and not for all. I've learned quite a bit from this site.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #12
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
This isn't just a detailing problem, its an entire C5 problem. There's a lot of people on here that think they know they are right and give wrong information, and then will argue and flame people who disagree.
It's a "forum" problem, everywhere. I was a Mod on one of the largest Honda Sport Touring sites (motorcycles)... had to constantly shut it down before it got out of hand. I got tired of playing site nanny... bought a Camaro... much happier now.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #13
Muscle Car Lover

I love the C5 forum and CamaroDreams07 was instrumental in helping me with many aspects of detailing the car, never did it before. Sucks if folks were pissy towards him. Our loss.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #14
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I learned several good things from Matt.
I was probably instrumental in him leaving.

Someone came on here who had scratched their windshield using an sos pad on it. They admitted when posting they realized it was a mistake. This person stated they had a black & decker polisher. Wanted advice on fixing the scratch.

I did about 3 hours of research before making a recommendation. The machine was capable of 2000 opm's max.

Cerium oxide products will remove scratches, (this is what Matt recommended). His statement to the OP was to try it but he couldn't be sure it would work because he "cheaped out" on the machine.

Cerium Oxide on an orbital machine requires an opm rating of at least 6000. I discovered this in research.

I had many years ago used as a temporary fix, cleaner wax which will fill light scratches on windshields with several coats. I searched every video on you tube I could find and even found one doing this process with a machine just like the OP had.

Matt told the OP I was misinformed that wax wouldn't work.

I realize this was not a permanent solution, and I even stated this in posting, but based on what the OP stated he had to work with, it was the best solution in his case IMO.

I told Matt despite all his good advice, telling someone, "here try this, I don't know if it will work because your cheap." was downright rude, and he comes back with "stop blowing up my inbox for advice?"

I had asked him maybe 6 questions in 3 months and I'm "blowing up his inbox"?

Sometimes the best solution may not work for someone who doesn't have the proper equipment to use a product. Putting someone down because of a piece of equipment they bought? What positive is that going to accomplish?

Matt does know more than the average person about detailing. Does that give him the right to put down someone else's advice, while only offering a solution that he obviously spent no time researching, because he would have known the OP's machine wouldn't work with cerium oxide if he had.

I don't care how good you are at something, it doesn't give you the right to be rude to someone else who seeks help. Or "knock" a process that you have never tried, while offering one that won't work in the OP's case.

That aside, he offered a lot of good advice to a lot of people. It's his choice to continue or not.

Closed Thread