Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Kooks LT Headers on the GMpartsdirect.com website

These are in the 2010 Camaro section of GM Parts Direct. Type in 2010 Camaro in the SEARCH box.
1. Are these headers about the same price as getting them from a dealer like Jannetty Racing or any other dealer, or are they over priced? I have not talked with anyone about pricing. Most everything I've seen has been about
ARH.
2. Does anyone know if a dealer can/will tune out the codes that are thrown for LT's? I'm not looking to void my warranty, just yet. But, I figure if a GM web site is selling the parts, then they would cover it.
I currently have the Solo Mach X catback system, and love it. I'm lookiing to boost the HP with the headers.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

Just a little help please.

Thanks

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-long-...11-p-2674.html
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ

I'll be going with Kooks too.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Keep in mind that is not a GM web sit. That is a dealer that also sells aftermarket parts. Maybe it should be called GMandotherpartsdirectlyfromadealer.com.

Last edited by Russell James; 02-10-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
CALL Branden at MarylandSpeed.......don't email or PM. you will not be disappointed!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
These are in the 2010 Camaro section of GM Parts Direct. Type in 2010 Camaro in the SEARCH box.
1. Are these headers about the same price as getting them from a dealer like Jannetty Racing or any other dealer, or are they over priced? I have not talked with anyone about pricing. Most everything I've seen has been about
ARH.
2. Does anyone know if a dealer can/will tune out the codes that are thrown for LT's? I'm not looking to void my warranty, just yet. But, I figure if a GM web site is selling the parts, then they would cover it.
I currently have the Solo Mach X catback system, and love it. I'm lookiing to boost the HP with the headers.

Thanks
That link does not work ?

I expect they cost more that what we sell.

All Long Tubes need a custom tune to prevent CEL, which I can provide as well.

PM me for Pricing and details.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post

Thanks
Just a heads up...I wouldn't assume that since it's listed on GMparts direct.com that it's covered by your GM warranty. Look at the warranty disclaimer at the bottom of their website. I believe this has been covered in several other posts.
And for what it's worth I went with a Kook's complete system and I'm very pleased with the quality
fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
That link does not work ?

I expect they cost more that what we sell.

All Long Tubes need a custom tune to prevent CEL, which I can provide as well.

PM me for Pricing and details.

Ted.
Is there anything harmful about driving around with the CEL, knowing that it's just your cats? I would like to get headers, but am not comfortable with tuning it just yet.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Is there anything harmful about driving around with the CEL, knowing that it's just your cats? I would like to get headers, but am not comfortable with tuning it just yet.
No, if it's a steady light - it is just information that a problem exists. If it's a flashing light, that means it is a serious problem that could cause damage, and then next step is it goes into reduced power mode. But just the light on is no biggie.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Like Ted mentioned, you will need the car re-programed with the long tubes, form them to function properly. We do mail order tunes via diablo handhelds to eliminate this issue.

Also GM Parts direct is no more connected with GM then our facility

For pricing, its a dog fight it seems these days to sell a client. Remember pricing in one part, the service during and after the sale is the value. We offer the best, from cell phone trouble shooting on a Sunday for installation help, to follow up calls on product evaluation, we also just so luckily are very competitive on kooks pricing, PM for that offer, as it is too low to advertise.

Also as for warranty, talk with your dealer in advance about your interest in the modifications that way they can help you with what coverage they may offer with you, most dealers will honor the warranty with minor bolt ons such as long tubes and intakes.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks Guys!

I would like to Thank everyone who replyed.
I will be PM'ing those you who did.
Thank you for your time.
I did figure that GMpartsdirect was just another unassociated dealer. They are probably jacking up the price 'cause of the GM trademark.

Thanks again,

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote