Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
using Camaro5 photos on Jalopnik

it does give credit to Camaro5 at the Bottom ,but i dont the the actual photographers

http://jalopnik.com/5052711/new-chev...-2008-indybash
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
nice

I had my mind set on a vert being there

Last edited by drivingincamaro; 09-21-2008 at 10:54 AM.
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
it does give credit to Camaro5 at the Bottom ,but i dont the the actual photographers

http://jalopnik.com/5052711/new-chev...-2008-indybash
As long as they give camaro5 the credit, that's who they were for in the first place. It was just a matter of time.
Too bad they're too cheap to get their own asses out to Indy to take their own photos. Sorry, just tired of all the bashing when they've probably never seen the car in person, much less sat in it, drove it or talked to the people who built it.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 09-21-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:40 AM   #4
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
nice

the comments are better than the f#*s on autoblog most of them said they wanted a SS symbol right in the middle aftermarket?

I had my mind set on a vert being there
Autoblog used one of our photos and took credit for it!?!? Funny, I don't remember anyone sitting in my lap. That's sad.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 AM   #5
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Sure the grille would look better with an SS symbol but GM is going to keep the bow tie, get used to it. Just change it for 10 bucks when you get the car.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Cool.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
sounds like the journalist was REAL excited bout them pix.....hmpf. Betcha someone wouldn't let him go to indy. At least they gave credit where (MisterCamaro) credit was due!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:25 AM   #8
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
That is complete B.S.!!!!! According to Scott they had just thrown that interior into the SS in time for the show. As far as I know that was the first time anyone non-GM had seen that interior. They had even kept it covered up Thursday while we were setting up, but the cover blew off and we were sworn to secrecy!
I'm really beginning to despise these idiot automotive "journalists(?!?!?!?!?!)"

Mike L.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 09-25-2008 at 07:21 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #9
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
That is complete B.S.!!!!! According to Scott they had just thrown that interior into the SS in time for the show. As far as I know that was the first time anyone non-GM had seen that interior. They had even kept it covered up Thursday while we were setting up, but the cover blew off and we were sworn to secrecy!
I'm really beginning to despise these idiot automotive "journalists(?!?!?!?!?!)"

Mike L.
the problem is GM and Chevy knew that people were going to go home and post pix.

the reason national conspiracies dont work is because it takes too many people to stay quiete for it to stay a secret.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the problem is GM and Chevy knew that people were going to go home and post pix.

the reason national conspiracies dont work is because it takes too many people to stay quiete for it to stay a secret.
We (CICC) only had to keep it a secret until the official unveiling at little before 10:00AM Friday morning, and we did! No one posted pictures of it until it was unveiled by Scott, who fully intented for it to be photographed then.

Mike L.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
They're just doing their jobs, I guess. I already have no faith in car magazines as a result of the Camaro, so I just expect this now.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
I can't stand ass-hats, (that is hyphenated right?), that talk crap about pictures and info when they didn't bother gettin their happy butts over to Indy to see, sit, feel, the car they obviously had time to look up online and bash. I know I should give a damn what these morons say but sometimes I just get so pissed reading their uneducated comments i just want to...

and I'm not talking about the mags I'm talking about the commentors.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
sounds like the journalist was REAL excited bout them pix.....hmpf. Betcha someone wouldn't let him go to indy. At least they gave credit where (MisterCamaro) credit was due!
Those photos were a gift to camaro5 and the gang, I just happened to be the first to post. The review that really got my goat was ttac website. That Farago dud is pitiful. Has a vendetta against GM.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/aut...comment-786711
Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #14
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLemming
DrLemming

4:22 PM on 09/20/08

Okay, so now that Lutz has gotten the Camaro out of his system how about a real pony car? You know, one with a curb weight of under 2,800 pounds with a turbo 4, and dimensions that would allow GM to sell the coupe outside of North America.

can i assume by turbo 4 he is saying a turboed 4cylinder? and thats a real pony car in what sense? That description sounds like a honda
[Rant]I hate going to these online reviews because of all the comments posted under it you cant watch one video or read one review and rate a car like many of these people do.[/Rant]

BACK ON TOPIC:
eh I think they should have gone themselves instead of stealing our members pics

One day....

Last edited by DntWrryBeHappy21; 09-25-2008 at 07:59 PM.
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote