Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-09-2023, 06:10 PM   #1
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Anybody have experience with the WeaponX setup?

I just picked up the heat exchanger set. I’m pretty sure I’m overall going to be able to keep my engine temps down in general. Apparently it could affect the ability of my AC in some situations? Possibly on track I hear it doesn’t keep up with the stock Hx..on long sessions? But I don’t plan on tracking anytime soon and I’m completely stock. Anyways couldn’t find a ton out there so I figured I’d ask the crowd. Any problems concerns with these I should worry about?

Also pics of stock vs WeaponX main Hx comparison
Attached Images

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 06:41 PM   #2
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
I have the WPX front center and auxiliary HX on my car and I haven't had any noticeable A/C performance issues. I track my car fairly regular and so far everything has been good. I also have the WPX boost chiller on my car (with custom routing), but that is really for street driving. It doesn't really help anything on track. (It actually caused issues on track that I had to find a solution for.)

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 06:52 PM   #3
PKG4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
I have the WPX front center and auxiliary HX on my car and I haven't had any noticeable A/C performance issues. I track my car fairly regular and so far everything has been good. I also have the WPX boost chiller on my car (with custom routing), but that is really for street driving. It doesn't really help anything on track. (It actually caused issues on track that I had to find a solution for.)
Sweet. I was a little skeptical of what I had read. That’s good news. Thanks

Yours came with 3 coolers altogether right? The main center and 2 auxiliaries..?

Old 11-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #4
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
I have the ones from Speed Inc. and had to modify some of the plastic to fit the thicker coolers as well as the side cooler brackets to mount the new coolers. I havent had any detriment in performance either in the 1/4 mile or at Putnam Park. A/C still works fine.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:11 PM   #5
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Sweet. I was a little skeptical of what I had read. That’s good news. Thanks

Yours came with 3 coolers altogether right? The main center and 2 auxiliaries..?
I only have 2. The passenger side HX is an auxiliary engine radiator, not a supercharger HX. IMO it is not necessary. It is a long story, but I also replaced the aux radiator with an oil cooler.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:25 PM   #6
PKG4U

Old 11-10-2023, 05:58 AM   #7
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I have the triple WeaponX ht exchanger and she runs cool even in 90 degree Temps.
Attached Images

BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote